Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Atomic, help! Swaying pink while breastfeeding and on a dairy and gluten free diet

Hi! I would like to TTC girl this summer, but am already on a very restrictive diet. I have been avoiding dairy and gluten (grains) for almost a year because I'm breastfeeding my now 15 month old girl who is allergic to those things. I was just wondering how to tweak the LE diet? I swayed in 2015 and did some version of the LE diet - thank you, Atomic for all your great research and excellent posts! Back then, I basically lived on bread, cheese and milk chocolate candies. Now that's not really possible, so I was wondering if it still can be done? I have a few specific questions:

1. Protein: I can't seem to get enough of protein without eating some animal protein (50-60g without counting protein in fruits or veggies). Is it ok if I have some chicken breast or egg white every day? (I just can't stomach lots of beans or nut/seed butters).

2. My pediatrician told me to have 2 tablespoons of rapeseed oil each day to get good fats in the breast milk. Will this sway blue if I otherwise eat a low fat diet?

3. This won't be a "crash and burn" version of the LE diet because of the breastfeeding. Does this mean that I should reduce carbs overall, especially simple carbs?

Thanks so much for your help!

2. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yes it is fine for you to up calories, protein, and fat intake and i want you to do that right away. 1800-2000 cals a day or more if needed, 50-60 g protein, 50-60 g fat minimum. Some breastfeeders have gone up to 60-70 g protein and fat (and gotten girls this way)

Yes you can add in animal protein. No worries at all.

We've had great success with gluten free diets for pink.

I have an alternate diet that is easily done gluten free and you can find that here: http://genderdreaming.com/forum/gend...rt-3-pcos.html

Re the 2T rapeseed oil, that's 28 g of fat right there. But what I'd do is use that for cooking other foods, you don't need to tack that onto your regular diet. So if you were going to have a couple eggs, cook them in oil, have it on a salad, or with veggies, etc. No worries there. Lots of new studies indicate higher intake of veg. fats (like those in rapeseed oil) sway pink anyway. By higher I mean a higher % of your overall diet (vs. % of animal-based fat) - not that you should start eating tons and tons of fat, just stick int he 70 g and under limits.

NO I don't want you to reduce carb intake!! There is no quicker way of making your milk dry up than cutting back on carbs. Keep eating carbs!!!
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

4. Thanks Lillie thanked for this post
    Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Atomic, thank you so much for your help! I had already started some version of the crash and burn version of the LE diet, but noticed a reduction in my milk supply. Was also getting nauseous and jittery from low blood sugar (I think).

Thanks for the link to the PCOS diet. I actually have some version of PCOS (many symptoms but no cysts), but somehow the regular LE diet (vegetarian) and 2g of inositol per day helped me sway pink last time. So, I'm a bit worried about the meat and olis in my diet now. But, maybe they're fine in small amounts as "fillers" to reach the minimum fat & protein levels. I guess it's also good to do a slow burn version of the LE diet, because I don't want to lose much weight (my BMI is 19). By the way, is it ok to eat 4 times a day? With three meals, I feel like I have to stuff myself to get enough calories...

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Do not worry about the meat and oils in your diet. Just as you say, they are fine to meet your limits/needs. This is NOT a starvation diet, especially not for those who are breastfeeding!!

Eating 4 times a day IS actually ok. Both 2-3 meals are 100% fully LE Diet approved, and whenever people can't make it on 3 meals I WANT them to go to 4. it is still very, very different than the all day grazing that most of us do/did when we got our boys!!! Especially for someone nursing and at a low BMI 4 meals a day is a-ok.

7. Thanks Lillie thanked for this post
    Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you! ) I have to say, that after doing the LE diet last time, I got to like it so much that I felt like staying on some version of it indefinitely (faster or slower burn). It's such a nice and sensible diet/lifestyle that feels good. Especially letting quite a bit of time pass between dinner and breakfast/lunch. Thanks so much for sharing your ideas!

9. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    One more unrelated question: What is your take on probiotics? Do they sway at all? I stopped taking probiotic pills a while back, because I was worried that they sway blue.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I believe they sway strongly blue and were the only thing in our results that were "supposed" to sway pink (according to the old-school sway gurus) but got worse than 50-50 for us. 60% of the people taking them got BOYS even with otherwise great sways. We now use them exclusively for blue sways.

12. Thanks Lillie thanked for this post
    Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Wow! That's a big effect. Great to know. I'll steer clear of it. By the way, I checked out the sway statistics and noticed that pregnitude has had a pretty nice influence on girl sways. I think you're on to something there. I took it for my last sway because it's​ supposed to reduce PCOS symptoms - it's supposed to reduce blood sugar, testosterone and increase SHBG (should all sway pink):
    https://sites.google.com/site/miscar...chiro-inositol

14. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks!! I do want to mention that it is not right for everyone to take, so anyone reading this please don't just add it in without going over a few things with me first - and Lillie please no taking it while breastfeeding. We don't KNOW that it's bad to do, but I just don't feel quite ok about it yet.

16. Thanks Lillie thanked for this post
    Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I actually asked my gynecologist about whether I could continue taking inositol while pregnant and breastfeeding, and he said that continuing to take 2g per day is fine (he first checked with a colleague who is researching inositol and fertility).

By the way, I found this on the website of Inofolic (similar to pregnitude):
    "Taken during IVF treatment it has been shown to improve egg and embryo quality and reduce the risk of OHSS. It can be safely taken throughout pregnancy and reduces the incidence of gestational diabetes."
    Home - Inofolic

But I completely agree with you Atomic. We should be very careful about supplements, especially before/during pregnancy and breastfeeding. We should always check with our physicians if what we're planning to take is ok.

18. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast