Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Big Smile New & Learning About Swaying Before We Give it a Try

Hi everyone!

My name is Liz and I recently joined the community. I am the momma of two girls (10 & 4) and even though we are nowhere near ready to sway for our boy, I thought I'd educate myself as much as I can before we are ready. Both of my girls were planned and I am certain were conceived after my + ovulation test...both times. I seriously had NO idea that along with ovulation, diet could be a deciding factor on gender! Like I said, I got lots of learning to do...lol.

I am 33 years old, 185lbs (working on losing 20 lbs, as I am 5'7) and have hypothyroidism since 6/2015. I don't drink (never have!), smoke, or take any kind of drugs (except for my thyroid med).

Hubby is 42, 220lbs (5'11) and takes medication for High Blood Pressure, and likes to drink a beer every other day or so.

No idea yet how our stats affect or boy sway, but like I said...I got a lot of learning to do! Looking forward to getting to know you all. Thanks for having me.

2. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi and welcome!

My suggestion is take a bit of time to lose the weight on a higher protein, lower carb diet like the Zone, South Beach, or Perfect Health Diet (my personal fave!) Don't go all in on a keto diet like Atkins as that can suppress your fertility, just eat moderate and healthy carb choices + protein and healthy fat! I also strongly, strongly recommend you do weight training 4 days a week and cardio 4-5 days a week. I suggest combining these into one workout so you do not work out any more than 5 days a week, with 2 days for rest. Try checking out Popsugar fitness and Blogilates on Youtube as they both have weight exercises combined with cardio that use only your own body weight - no equipment required.

Then, when you're ready, we can tweak that diet to be more blue friendly without gaining that weight back. You do NOT need to gain weight on an HE Diet.

Hubby's weight and his medication may sway a bit pink but obviously that is what it is. Many people have the same issue and sway and get boys. If there is any way he can cut back on those beers that may really help.

I also want you on a multivitamin or prenatal. With your thyroid you need to check and make sure it doesn't ahve iodine, or get a recommendation from your doc about one that is safe for you, as some people with thyroid issues should not take supplemental iodine. Also I'd give your hubby a men's over 50 vitamin like Centrum or One a Day (even if he is not over 50) they have most of what is in fertility vitamins but for way, way less $$$.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

4. Thanks Unsuresmile thanked for this post
    Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you for your input and suggestions, greatly appreciated! I am still trying to mavigate this site and learn as much as I can, but I will definitely have more questions soon. ��
    Liz

2002 ~ Established as a family
    2007 ~ DD1 Born (31 wk preemie), now 10 years old
    2012 ~ DD2 Born (36 wk baby), now 4 years old

2018 (?) ~ Will sway for our

6. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post