Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Help with Clear Blue OPK and TTC pink and timing

Hi, I'm wondering if someone can help explain when I should BD. I am trying to sway pink and thought I'd missed ovulating this month. It it turns out I'm ovulating late (day 19 is today, so day 19 or 20?!). I'm using the digital Clear Blue OPK and got the flashing �� which they says means "high" fertility, not peak which I suspect will be tomorrow. Should our one attempt be today or tomorrow or whenever this thing stops flashing and shows the solid �� meaning peak?

I was having a bad day yesterday worrying I wasn't ovulating and was old (34) and my toddler was a nightmare and I binged in Nutella...ugh if I had know I'd be in the game still for this month I would have been better with the LE diet! Oh well. Worth a try. Hope that one day doesn't ruin my whole attempt. Thanks in advance!
    Last edited by downundermumma; June 25th, 2017 at 10:41 PM.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Tricky question and I not a girl swayer so take or leave my suggestion as you see fit.

I think it depends if you usually get the "peak" fertility reading. My understanding is that not everyone does and therefore you don't want to miss the opportunity to BD at "high" while you wait for a "peak" reading that may never come. I'd be temped the BD tonight and have that as your one attempt. Particularly if you're not in a huge rush to conceive.

GL with whatever you end up going with.
    DD1 (2014)
    DD2 (2016)
    Our sway is getting into NOW or NEVER territory

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks MiaMelb! This is actually my first month using the OPK (and first to try). And because I ovulated so late I used up all my sticks checking and don't have another one to use tomorrow! So I guess I may as well go for it, thanks!

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Most of us do one attempt on first solid smiley. But it's ok to attempt now if you prefer since this is your first month.

I do want to mention - don't let your age mess with your head! The idea that 35 is some sort of milestone or cutoff is actually totally untrue - your body doesn't know you have a birthday coming and you do NOT have a sudden dropoff in fertility at 35. Just isn't the case at all and I see a lot of people who panic their way into undermining their sway out of this fear.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks Atomic!
    We did BD last night and I tested again today (found one last test stick, now I am officially out) and got another flashing smile, not the solid yet. I am thinking if tomorrow is solid, I still wait and instead BD again the day after which would be I guess O+1?? What do you think? Wondering if I should restock on the clear blue digital or just get an old school one that is a yay or nay?! Do you have a preference? (Mind you I am in Australia and we won't have all the same brands as in the states).

Assuming we are still trying next month, I will do the abstain and the one attempt....really wasn't expecting such a late ovulation but I am pretty clockwork in my cycle so I would predict I'd be the same next month (despite that darn birthday, which I am trying not to let go to my head, hubby is 31 so that is going for us, plus we had him tested two years ago and the numbers and all that they they test were high and the doctor said she would be shocked if it took much time for us to conceive...sure enough 2nd try, but that was two years ago!). If next month doesn't work out too, I might add more attempts because for work reason I want to have a baby before July 2018...what would you suggest for the next best method with more attempts that is still pink friendly?
    Last edited by downundermumma; June 27th, 2017 at 08:31 AM.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Well, O+1 is very low (in fact impossible) chances of conception. If you are saying O day (becuase the second solid smiley is O Day, not O+1) that is also lower than first solid and persaonlly I'd just stick with the attempt you've had.

Some swear by the Clearblue, personally I think it causes scads of trouble just like you have had already and I usually recommend Wondfo brand OPK instead (available online)

I'd go to every 4 days next, and then to every 4 days plus one more attempt at positive OPK.

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yeah I'm not sold on the digital, plus a cheaper one would be nice! Thanks so much and I'll keep you posted!

8. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Today is 5 days after my first of two solid similes (late at night so 5-6days) and I seem to have bad cramping and some bleeding. I am normally very regular and get my period like clockwork every 28 or 29 days. Today is day 25. Is this more likely just my period being weird after 7.5 weeks on the LE diet or implantation bleeding?! Do cycles often change with the LE diet? I haven't been that strict, but in the last 7.5 weeks I've gone from mostly veggies and meat to mostly carbs and few veggies but I've only lost 4lbs. Thoughts? Mind you I guess I will figure it out soon enough!

10. Dislikes Maggiethecat33 disliked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Either option is possible and if it IS AF then I seriously doubt your O was late. 5 days after O is a terribly short LP and that is NOT something we usually see on LE Diet at all, let alone after only 7 weeks and not being strict.

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks Atomic! Pretty sure it is AF...how weird though that the OPK was +ve four days in a row though from day 19-22....bizarre. Should make figuring out timing next month a bit harder eh?! Will have to see how we go...

13. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast