Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

HELP!!! Urgent compressed release advice!

Hi there. I thought I ovulated late last month but Atomic you were right (of course!), it must have been a late estrogen surge tripping off the OPK.

I have a flashing smiley today but found out last night DH enjoyed himself in the shower three days ago...so much for ten days of abstaining. So last night I decided we should try for a compressed release, we just didn't think it would end up being THIS compressed. So he released last night, I am having him do that again this morning and tonight, and hopefully tomorrow morning for an attempt tomorrow night or the night after. Do you think that is enough or too many (4 in 48 hours with attempt 5 being it, or 6 in 72 with attempt 7 being it)? Worth noting, we tested him three years ago and he had a very high sperm count then. I really want this one to work because of work commitments next year and me not being in the country next month (hubby isn't traveling with us). Help, please and thank you!!!

edit: this is a pink sway

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Well, if you're really wanting to get pregnant, please just ditch the CFR and just have the one attempt at positive OPK.

OR, if you MUST, have him stop releasing right away and then just do the "hurry up" FR, which is one release before your attempt, 1-3 hours before if possible, 3-6 also acceptible. But this cuts odds of conception hugely.

If you want to stick to the CFR, then you'd need to have him release 6 times in 72 hours. 4 in 48 is less than most people did, but we never really had anything like a solid body of data to prove how much was neccessary.

I feel like the last minute, nervewracking nature of all this will probably harm your sway more than it would help. Plus, you run the very, very real risk of having him being unable to perform for the attempt you need to have.

I really hate to see you wasting this good month when you're under a time frame, so my advice is to lose the frequency stuff all together and aim for one attempt.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks so much Atomic! I was starting to feel really good about everything and then this, oh well. One attempt without FR it is! Thanks so much!

4. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Of anything that really hasn't worked out the way we expected, frequency patterns are number one. No worries about letting those go, they really have not seemed to help us at all.

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Finally got a +veOPK today (solid smiley after 4 days of a flashing smiley). Buuuuuuuut I have tonsilitis and just started anitbiotics a few hours ago and am likely going to get a yeast infection which I normally treat with canestan cream (or diflucan but I don't think that is the best idea while ttc).

So now that I am on amoyxl and will probably ovulate tomorrow (if I got the solid smiley today), do you think it is safe to try this round? Will canestan prophylacticly (as I am super prone to YI) sway a way I don't want? I could wait on the canestan and take it two days if it sways blue. It doesn't sound from other posts that you think antibiotics themselves sway, correct?

I was feeling so good about the sway as I am down to a BMI of 19.3 (down from 20.5) and my CM this morning was a ph of 5 and being sick has meant I have had long intervals without eating! I have been on decongestants too which I know isn't recommended but I've been really sick!
    Last edited by downundermumma; July 15th, 2017 at 05:28 AM.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I want you to try this month. I have never seen a speck of reliable info that indicates that antibiotics sway blue in any way

I'd wait on the canestan till you actually get the infection (since you may not) or give it till after the attempt to start it.

No more weight loss. It's time to stop that weight loss IMMEDIATELY, don't lose any more or O will stop.

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Eeek, Ok thanks Atomic. Fingers crossed this month works anyways! I'll still skip breakfast but maybe increase calories. Thanks again!

9. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post