Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

hi im new here - boy sway :)

Hi,

My names Estella and I live in lower hutt, new zealand. I have 1 daughter to my ex and I live with my husband and daughter.
    Ive been looking around the forums for a while now. But thought id come and say hi and see if you guys could help me.

I get hyperemesis with my pregnancies. and as i say i dont "do pregnant well". I had 1 termination and 1 miscarriage with my ex before we had our daughter. My new hubby left it up to me if i wanted to have more kids, but he works with kids and is so fantastic with them i thought we should and we planned to begin trying after our wedding in march. in saying that though i dont want to have to go through it too many more times! Id love to have a boy this time and complete my family.

Our story is a little bit different so bear with me.
    I am overweight due to medication and they believe i have PCOS though i do conceive reasonably well (only took 4 months from coming off the pill to BFP with my daughter, and 3 months with my miscarriage). My ovulation is a bit all over the show, i never had a period between coming off the pill and conceiving both times (other than the withdrawal bleed you get when you stop taking them). I have always had random cycles ranging from 2 weeks to 2 months and i wanted to see if i could track my cycles so last year i had the copper IUD put in. and it seemed this has settled down a bit since my daughter to a normal range - 29-36 days. I had the IUD out in may and have had 2 cycles since then - 46 and 38 days. so now back to being longer :/
    Im having trouble tracking my ovulation with tests as no line has been brighter than the control line so either i cant tell whats positive or its always negative. They do get brighter but not brighter than the control line so i was told to ignore that variation.
    I also get thrush and BV a fair amount since i had my daughter (worse when i had the iud in!), sometimes together which is very annoying and antibiotics tend to give me thrush.

DH has type 1 diabetes and had a sore inflamed testicle for 5 months before he was Diagnosed with testicular cancer a month before our wedding. He went through 2 surgeries (the last one 4 days before we married!!). He has had one testicle removed. and it looks like we have avoided chemo for now but the chances that he will need it in future are quite high (50% chance of recurrence/spread)
    We did bank sperm beforehand and they said it was good quality/high motility (even though they expected it wouldnt be due to the circumstances), but we have to try for 12 months before we can use it or he has to have chemo.
    Things "downstairs" arent the same as before and he says its harder to ejaculate and feels very stressed about this since we would like a baby so that doesnt help. His testosterone is in normal range.
    Hes heading back to the gym again lately. Anybody know how this situation can effect things?

Is there anything that could help sway in this situation?
    Currently i take - pregnancy vitamins, folic acid, iron, probiotics and my prescribed meds.
    Hes not taking anything currently but was wondering what the best thing would be. we dont have heaps of money as hes been off work and we had a wedding haha. so would like to sway things in our favour but probably wont be able to go all out and thats ok

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi and welcome. Great to see blue swayers around as we tend to be a little outnumbered.

Sounds like you've got a lot going on and think Atomic will be the best to help you with most of it but I wish you luck on your journey.
    DD1 (2014)
    DD2 (2016)
    Our sway is getting into NOW or NEVER territory

3. Likes atomic sagebrush, girlymom liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi and welcome! I agree with Mia I love to see all the new blue swayers the last month or two!!

Please don't stress about not being able to track ovulation. Timing has been debunked, most of us on here have several timing opposites so please don't worry about tracking ovulation. Just have sex every other day, this has worked for a lot of people to get boys. If he really cannot go that often (and that is fine if he can't) then wait till you notice EWCM.

The most important thing to change is actually quite easy - do not get pregnant coming off the pill or IUD.

Him going to the gym is great, he should not wear tight underwear or sit in jacuzzi/sauna after exercise. You should go with him!! Weight training is great for TTC a boy and also will help with your PCOS.

Hubby should take a men's over 50 vitamin such as Centrum or One a Day. Even if he's not over 50!! These have good levels of nutrients for fertility. Many of the vitamins that are sold for "fertility" are actually very high doses of nutrients that may cause more harm than good!!
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by atomic sagebrush View Post
    Hi and welcome! I agree with Mia I love to see all the new blue swayers the last month or two!!

Please don't stress about not being able to track ovulation. Timing has been debunked, most of us on here have several timing opposites so please don't worry about tracking ovulation. Just have sex every other day, this has worked for a lot of people to get boys. If he really cannot go that often (and that is fine if he can't) then wait till you notice EWCM.

The most important thing to change is actually quite easy - do not get pregnant coming off the pill or IUD.

Him going to the gym is great, he should not wear tight underwear or sit in jacuzzi/sauna after exercise. You should go with him!! Weight training is great for TTC a boy and also will help with your PCOS.

Hubby should take a men's over 50 vitamin such as Centrum or One a Day. Even if he's not over 50!! These have good levels of nutrients for fertility. Many of the vitamins that are sold for "fertility" are actually very high doses of nutrients that may cause more harm than good!!
    I agree with you, that sounds like a good advice.