Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Parts of girl sway you kept/will keep long term?

Hello! I hope this is the right section to post this. If not, let me know!

I'm wondering what people have loved/felt good about/kept from their LE diets/girl sways even after their sways were over. Or what are you thinking you'll keep if you're not finished yet.

I have obviously enjoyed the weight loss part. I haven't missed meat very much, so I like knowing that I can do a lot more vegetarian meals than I thought before. I also like the exercise, but obviously I wouldn't choose to walk for a full hour and probably less often too. But knowing that I can fit it in somehow somewhere has been great. (It's hard for me to fit an hour in more than 4x a week but I'm doing the best I can.) I'm not done with swaying yet, but I'm just far enough into it that I often wonder what I like best and what I would keep, or go back to, if I wanted to lose weight again or just incorporating as a healthy lifestyle. Skipping breakfast doesn't feel like something I would keep and I would add healthy fats back in, even if mostly vegetarian. So I think overall it's the no meat, lower calories/portions (like keeping up an 1800 ish calorie intake whereas before I only just ate super healthy and never ever counted calories so I'm sure it was a lot).... I think it's the calories and the exercise that make a difference in the weight loss or part of a future healthy lifestyle. Less meat as well, but obviously getting rid of candy and soda that I am eating right now, which is unlike my usual.

So just wondering anyone's opinions on how they feel about parts of their sways that they'd like to keep in the future as part of a healthy lifestyle that feels maybe more like "you" than you may have expected?

2. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I've not properly started my sway yet but I've just started not snacking and reducing my meat intake which has made me realise how much I ate before. I used to pick constantly from the fridge or from my children's food. I hope to keep that. I also hope to continue to enjoy more vegetarian food. Prior to swaying I used to feel like I was missing out on a meal if it didn't have some animal protein somewhere in it. I feel much better about a lovely wholesome vege dish now and actually prefer a lot of vege food to the meat options which is nice.

Great idea for a thread. When will you ttc?

4. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    It's been well over a year since I last swayed pink but there are things I've kept. Before LE I never had a sweet tooth but now I feel like I have to have something sweet each day. I kinda hate that I'm like that but it's habit I developed. I also developed a love of wine. I was never much of a drinker before LE but these days I find myself having a glass of wine or two maybe 3 or 4 times a week. DH and I have this habit of one night a week we share a good bottle of wine and have it with some chocolate...mmmm. I also now drink coffee like it's going out of style. I also used to hate black coffee but doing LE for so long got me hooked to the point of me finding coffee with milk and/or sugar so disgusting. One weird thing is my libido was non-existent while swaying and even at nearly 8 months pp, it still is. I feel bad for DH but I'm just rarely in the mood! I do snack now which I didn't do on LE but I feel like I still don't do it quite as much as I did before I swayed. I'm hungrier these days with all the breastfeeding I do. I do eat meat now but it's really only because its hard to cook a veggie meal for myself, a meat based one for DH, then something else for my picky kids. We at least don't eat as much red meat as we did before swaying. We mostly eat chicken or turkey, sometimes pork. I find myself eating smaller portions of meat. We do eat bean based meals fairly often which I ate on LE. Overall I'm more conscious of the fat content of what I'm eating so I try to keep that in check but hey, sometimes I splurge. I also still rarely eat breakfast and if I do, it's usually because DS3 nursed all night so I'm starving. I did not keep up the exercise. I do miss it a lot though. I've been chronically sleep deprived since DS3 was born so I'm usually too tired and also too busy to make enough time for it.
    '12
    '14
    '15 '15 '16
    🌈 '17 (LE sway opposite)

Dreaming of pink through HT or adoption
    FET January 2021: 1 HBAA XX - BFN
    FET #2 August 2022: 1 HBAA XX - BFP!

6. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobster View Post
    I've not properly started my sway yet but I've just started not snacking and reducing my meat intake which has made me realise how much I ate before. I used to pick constantly from the fridge or from my children's food. I hope to keep that. I also hope to continue to enjoy more vegetarian food. Prior to swaying I used to feel like I was missing out on a meal if it didn't have some animal protein somewhere in it. I feel much better about a lovely wholesome vege dish now and actually prefer a lot of vege food to the meat options which is nice.

Great idea for a thread. When will you ttc?
    Thanks guys for responding! Keep it up everyone I would love to know what you think! I am TTC this next cycle. How about you?

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I see myself keeping not eating red meat, limited white meats, and vegetarian. I like having vegetable sources for fat. I will keep 3-4 meals, since that is how I currently eat even at 35+ pregnant! I usually drink alcohol with meals once my baby gets past 12mo and only limited to 2-4oz of wine. I eat 1500-1800 calories anyway once I get to 4-6mo postpartum and is typical to what I eat when not pregnant/nursing. I will also keep BDing E4D or E3D, not to get pregnant, but because we really like BDing regularly, haha!

I won't keep coffee- I love my black and green teas! I won't keep cardio only- I love my HIIT, weights, Yoga, and Pilates! I am looking forward to just living a healthy lifestyle and enjoying my kids and my DH !!

8/2010 6/2013 11/2015
    Baby Girl EDD 9/30/2017

9. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I have benefited in the same ways as you. I am definitely choosing a vegetarian diet. Meat will be for occasions only and very minimal still. I am also going to keep the no breakfast art because I observed that I am more productive right out of bed, so that extra hour of breakfast can actually be utilised for something that requires my full concentration and then later when I start to feel less focused, I eat what I want. So definitely a good one for me. Another thing I realised through sway was that I had the inclination for fruit more than for any other kind of food. Which I later learned is a very good habit. So I guess I also benefited my mental health.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    bumping for more responses!
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Never drank a cup of coffee before swaying! Now I LOVE IT!
    so will be keeping that forever!!
    But will be scrapping everything else, I miss meat and being able to eat all day every day!! Haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

13. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Parts of girl sway you kept/will keep long term?

So I hope it's okay if I contribute as I've only been on the LE diet a few weeks. I've gone vegan and have been working out (mostly) 6 days a week for an hour. Fasting for 16 hours. I feel like a new person. I don't know if ate THAT bad before. But meat was always a center piece in my meals. I don't miss it, and it's not really been a struggle going without it. I never realized how often I snacked. I'll be getting my son something from the pantry and be tempted to grab something myself. I've cut snacking completely and it's not as hard as I thought. Long term I will probably keep vegan, with the occasional meat (I come from a family of carnivores), exercise, and probably low snacking/not at all.

15. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Eighme View Post
    So I hope it's okay if I contribute as I've only been on the LE diet a few weeks. I've gone vegan and have been working out (mostly) 6 days a week for an hour. Fasting for 16 hours. I feel like a new person. I don't know if ate THAT bad before. But meat was always a center piece in my meals. I don't miss it, and it's not really been a struggle going without it. I never realized how often I snacked. I'll be getting my son something from the pantry and be tempted to grab something myself. I've cut snacking completely and it's not as hard as I thought. Long term I will probably keep vegan, with the occasional meat (I come from a family of carnivores), exercise, and probably low snacking/not at all.

I so agree about the mostly vegan later on, and with the snacking!! I never realized how often I snacked because like you said I would snack whenever I wanted plus whenever I was getting my boys something. I think that definitely helps (also no meat helps) cut down on calories so I'm thinking that could be a good long term keep for weight loss/management. Good for you with 6 days exercise a week! I'm only managing 4 usually. And an hour feels like a long time but I do it, though probably won't keep it that duration when I'm done swaying.
    How do you fit it in 6 days?

17. Thanks Eighme thanked for this post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast