Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

New here, hoping to sway for a little girl

Hi all. I've lurked here since I first tried to get pregnant about 3 years ago. I swayed girl with a strict diet and had a boy. We are thinking about giving it another shot in April 18'. I have a few questions I'll try to post in the appropriate places and I am thinking about purchasing a diet plan to start at New Year's. Anyway, just wanted to say hi!

2. Likes fiveboys liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi and welcome! Please let me know how I can help!
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

4. Thanks Needhairbowsinmylife thanked for this post
    Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi, Atomic! Looking through the forums I see you are very, very busy on here, so thanks for taking the time to welcome me! I'm going to start my journey with upgrading my membership today and see where it takes me. I was also interested in the e-book about timing/frequency, but I've read on here in several threads that timing isn't much of a factor. Since I know with certainty when exactly I O, I do feel this *could* be an advantage if I time my attempt right...maybe? I'm looking for anything that will help since diet and supps alone didn't do it for me last time. Does the book have much info on long abstinence v. FR (which I think is what I'm most interested in learning about) and cut off v. O+12? Do you think it's worth adding to my arsenal? Thanks!

6. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Timing does not sway. I have a book on it simply because so many people wanted it, but most of us on here (myself very much included) have numerous timing opposites, and we know for a fact the mistake in Shettles' theory and you can read probably more than you ever wanted to know about the idea here https://genderdreaming.com/forum/gen...le-timing.html

BUT if you MUST do timing PLEASE do cutoff and not my very least favorite of all time most hated and despised sway tactic ever, O+12. It doesn't work and when done correctly, renders you incapable of conceiving. Again, probably more than anyone ever wanted to know here: https://genderdreaming.com/forum/try...9-no-12-a.html

Your cycle can and probably will change when swaying so be aware even when you have a super regular cycle, that may change while swaying.

Neither abstain nor FR has gotten good results for us, sadly. Both have been quite underwhelming, cutting odds of conception hugely and getting lower than the overall success rate of the site!! It is fine if you want to try one or the other to start with, but just don't count on them to do anything for you in your sway.

Can you tell me more about what you did the last time?? May be able to shed some light on what I'd personally tweak to hopefully get you a girl this time through.

8. Thanks Needhairbowsinmylife thanked for this post
    Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Last time I went le and vegetarian for 2 months before we started to try, and stayed on the diet for 5 more months while we were trying. I lowered my sodium and potassium (which seems like it was unnecessary after reading through everything here). I never eat breakfast. Lots of coffee, took up a diet Coke habit. I would have a small meal in the afternoon, usually some lo f cottage cheese and crackers or quinoa and veggies, sometimes I had hummus, sometimes I had lite yogurt and fruit. Occasional yogurt+fruit+spinach smoothie. And then I would have a good helping of rice, usually a small portion of beans and vegetables for dinner. I would usually have a some packaged cookies or some other carb-y junk treat after that. I tried to stay away from the fortified stuff, but ate a lot of processed carbs. I didn't stay away from sugar (maybe I should have). I never had time to snack, so that helped. I did cheat pretty bad at Thanksgiving and x-mas. I was doing a fiber supp, folic acid and cranberry. I didn't loose much weight on the diet, as I didn't calorie restrict since I have such a low BMI. It makes me feel a little hopeless that I don't have weight to loose for a sway. My DH smokes, super thin, he eats terrible, rarely sleeps and chugs coffee. I'm not even sure how he has sperm. We tried 3-day cut off the first two months but I feel like we were too far out and all his dudes were dying off before O, so we did a 2-day for 2 mos, the month I got pregnant I was frustrated it was taking so long and it may have been at O or within several hours and I finally got pregnant. We did shallow release but I never messed with pH...maybe I should have, I did j&d.
    I have tried to put on a few pounds in the last 6 months since I stopped bf'ing so I'd have some weight to loose this time, but hasn't happened. I never exercise. Looking into other supps for this time around. Maybe cinnamon and licorice root. Trying to parce together a new diet based on what I see success with on here. I don't buy into the ion thing, but I'm gonna do it anyway this go-round. Looking at getting some rephresh or acigel too. My goal in the coming weeks is to put together a new sway plan and submit it to the member forum for feedback. I'd be delighted to have your advice on what you would tweak to consider before I put it together. Truly, thank you for spending the time on me, Atomic.
    Last edited by Needhairbowsinmylife; September 7th, 2017 at 09:01 AM.

10. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    So what I usually do in this case, where you got an opposite on sway diet before, is that I have you switch over to the PCOS-type diet (even if you don't have PCOS). You can find that in this thread (and either alternate version of diet will work better for you. Swaying under special circumstances Part 3 PCOS

Please don't worry about losing weight. It has not been predictive for us of whose sways work out and whose do not. Just try to hold steady where you are. The PCOS type diet can make weight really come off so be careful.

NO cinnamon for that very reason. I do not have but a handful of people use cinnamon. It isn't right for everyone. You will lose scads of weight using cinnamon.

Do not give your husband licorice root while smoking. LR has not worked anyway. His smoking sways way more than any other sway tactic, even though the cards haven't gone your way yet, it will still be working for you.

The pH stuff hasn't worked. I understand the temptation of wanting to throw everything at it but the kitchen sink, but given that you got frustrated last time with too many BFN, the worst thing you can do now is add more things that cut odds of conception and don't help your sway (like timing, which also doesn't work).

Ions don't hurt anything but don't help really, so if you feel motivated to try them, go ahead just don't count on them to do anything.

We have given up cranberry for DW as it has way more risks and side effects than we were first aware of and didn't do anything.

12. Thanks Needhairbowsinmylife thanked for this post
    Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks for the advice, Atomic. You answer so quickly, I don't know how you keep up with everyone here,
    but bless you for it. The info you linked was very comprehensive, and I think I'll be considering a tad more protein and more complex carbs rather than just junk carbs when I put together my plan I'll keep the info handy for reference. I'm hoping to make myself a really big list of ok foods so I have lots of options. I'm thinking of trying saw palmetto. I also searched for berberine in here but didn't find much on it. Have you had anyone try it? I don't know if it would cause me to loose weight, but it was something I came across today looking for ways to keep blood sugar low. Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! I feel full of hope after joining you ladies and talking about swaying. The rest of the world just doesn't understand!

14. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Most of the info in that thread can be ignored, the important part is the diet stuff. What you're going for is getting a higher % of your calories from protein and fat (50-60 g apiece), and of the carbs, try to get those carbs from whole grains, fruit, and vegetables instead of lots of empty carbs. That's the essential difference between the two diets.

Berberine should be avoided for the same reason as the cinnamon - it's going to make weight fly off. We haven't had anyone try it, and I generally have you guys avoid things I haven't seen several people using and getting girls (safely!)

The diet itself is pretty effective at lowering blood sugar (plus exercise if you can!)

Saw palmetto at your discretion, it's been disappointing in terms of results (lower than the overall success of the site) but on paper it should sway pink. It does also seem to cut odds of conception.

16. Thanks Needhairbowsinmylife thanked for this post
    Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks, Atomic. The only thing that has me concerned is that my diet is already pretty close to this. I'm thinking of giving up meat again so I feel like I'm doing something. I know there aren't really "off limits" food, but I know some things are better than others and I'll try to stick mainly to those. I think I will try saw palmetto and vitex since it doesn't sound like it can hurt. Oh, and an ion bracelet. Thanks again!!

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    You can give up meat and do the PCOS-type diet, just use eggs, nuts, dairy, and (sparingly) legumes for protein instead.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast