Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Pink honeymoon sway - Advice needed please?

Hi,

Firstly apologies for such a long post!

We are starting a pink sway but I have lots of questions about diet & timing!

I am 40, dp 38. We have 3ds.

1st ds was unplanned. I’d recently lost weight but was eating normally for me again by point I conceived. Diet pretty poor, pescatarian but quite a bit of convenience food, tea all day in office, alcohol, cheddar cheese, sandwiches, chocolate and not much actual fruit & veg (this is my normal diet). At the time dp & i only saw each other at weekends. I’m guessing he was releasing every day or so. DS was conceived despite withdrawal method so either some escaped early or we did twice in quick succession & he had some left on him. Either way, seems dp has some determined swimmers and no problem with low sperm count!

Ds2 same diet, planned baby, we dtd around o day. Bfp 1st attempt.

Ds3 half hearted pink sway. I cut out potatoes, tomatoes, bananas, took cal, mag & cranberry. Other than that my diet did not change much & did not lose weight. We used sylk & had 4 day cut off with dp doing fr once a day in lead up. We both had hot showers before dtd & I took Sudafed & j&d. Tried lime douche in previous month but dropped this when did not get bfp. Bfp 2nd month.

We would still love a daughter & really want to get it right this last time.

I started LE diet at beginning of Oct, so am now in my 4th week. I’m quite slim 164cm tall and 57kg & have lost 5kg since starting diet so now at 52kg. I’m drinking 2-3 cups of black coffee a day, only taking folic acid, still drinking 1-2 units alcohol per day, gone completely veggie, drinking 1.5l water (for clear skin). No snacks, 2 meals, nothing before 1230. My cm has dried up a lot & did not have much ewcm this month. Dp stopped eating red meat from today, drinks coffee & alcohol. Unfortunately I can’t fit the 4+ hrs cardio into my working week so no exercise for me. 1-2 times per week for him.

My problem is that dp & I finally get married next month & looks like our wedding day / night will be 1st day in my next fertile window. I’ve already had a hen night (bachelorette) party 2 weeks ago where I drank too much so would have been over calories that day but not carbs & protein. The meal & drinks at our wedding will almost certainly put me over the limits for that day. Because it’s so close to the time we would be ttc, should I scrap it altogether for this month? Or would it be ok as we could dtd that night and my body may not have yet picked up on the cheat? As we are on honeymoon for 6 days after the wedding & will be eating in restaurants every night, it’s likely I’ll find it difficult to stick within limits then too. If we delay, how long would I need to leave it afterwards to give us a good chance again?

My other question is about timing. Given that dp seems pretty virile would abstain work better or if he continues with fr should it be 2 times rather than once per day? Or might compressed fr work better?

If diet cheat allowed, our wedding night & honeymoon coincides with next ov & we will be in tropical heat, outdoors & near sea & forest. I thought this might help with the sway from ions point of view? But if one attempt best - should it be on wedding night (1st fertile day) or when we have the ions on side on holiday and nearer to ov? If 1 attempt sways strongest, is it ok to dtd with condom on other occasions or does that raise ph too much? The timing around our wedding in Nov is also good for girl on Chinese chart (although probably not reliable!).

Is there anything else you could recommend? I still have the Sylk in the cupboard as well as Replens which I didn’t use last time. I see lots of ladies drinking Diet Coke as part of their pink sway. I can’t stand it usually but could try if it will help - or just eat artificial sweetener pills if it’s the aspartame that sways?

Any help or advice you can offer would be so much appreciated. Because of my age I want to get bfp quickly and a wedding / honeymoon baby would be amazing, but also we want the best chance of finally getting our girl!

Thanks in advance & thank you too for such an amazing website.

Joeyk44

Sent from my iPhone
    Last edited by Joeyk44; October 21st, 2017 at 07:19 PM.

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Can anyone offer any advice on this please?

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Please give me a day or two before bumping, because I go from oldest posts to newest. Bumping puts the post back up to the "new" and it actually makes it take longer for me to get through them.

Thanks for patience.

No more weight loss, try to hold steady from here on in.

Do not worry about a day off on diet for holidays or other special occasions (and huge congrats BTW!)

It is irrelevant that it is soon before your sway. You do NOT need to be any stricter right before O than at any other time and this we know 110% based on our results. It is absolutely fine to enjoy your meal and drink that night and in fact I insist that you do!

Just do your best on honeymoon. Most have found it easier than they thought while on vacation since everything feels like a huge treat and you can eat things like vegetarian and shellfish and feel totally pampered the entire time.

I don't believe in ions. It is fine to BD with a condom at the other times and have that one attempt. I would personally not have him do FR and for SURE not compressed FR because I think you guys really just need to put enjoying each other FIRST and foremost here and those are stressful and haven't worked anyway. Compressed FR has made guys unable to even perform for the Big Event!
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Sorry posting first half to prevent scrolling

I don't believe in ions but hey, all good

Chinese Gender Calendar doesn't work but again, hey all good

I would not recommend a 40 year old use jellies as they have not worked and really cut odds of conception.

I doubt aspartame does anything. Leave it out. Got my 4th boy using it, my girl without it

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi Atomic,

Thank you so much for your response and advice (and apologies for bumping thread).

So, this is plan then.. carry on with LE diet with no more cheats until wedding day.
    Continue drinking coffee and alcohol in moderation along with that.

Will get DP to abstain from AF to dtd on wedding night. Will cheat with diet that day but then try to go back to it. After wedding night and on honeymoon use condoms as will still be in fertile window for 4 days. The wedding night is first day in fertile window so is actually quite a long cut off, but don’t think he’ll want to be continuing to abstain on that night lol!! I got ds3 with long cut off but would it normally tend to sway pink? Fingers crossed I ov on time! Will forget the Sylk & replens.

On honeymoon is it fine to have big O when dtd with condom or does that wreck things with ph if there is sperm still hanging around?

Try to continue with diet on honeymoon although will not stress too much about it. I suppose if it all goes out the window I should start again with diet when we return and give it 6 weeks from that point again?

Does that sound about right? Doesn’t feel like I’m doing a lot but I guess diet is the big thing? Would it be worth second attempt on honeymoon around O+12?

Any thoughts appreciated.

Thanks x

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Cutoffs don't work, but if you want to try that, it's up to you.

I seriously doubt having big O's really matters. We've done tons of polls and lots of women who got girls, had them (myself included)

No, don't restart diet. We don't do that here. If you fall off the wagon just regroup and start up from where you are. Don't skip months unless for act of God practically.

O+12 doesn't work but if it's been more than 4 days I'd def. have another unprotected attempt just to cover you in case of delayed ovulation!

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

All inclusive vacation during o

Quote Originally Posted by atomic sagebrush View Post
    Cutoffs don't work, but if you want to try that, it's up to you.

I seriously doubt having big O's really matters. We've done tons of polls and lots of women who got girls, had them (myself included)

No, don't restart diet. We don't do that here. If you fall off the wagon just regroup and start up from where you are. Don't skip months unless for act of God practically.

O+12 doesn't work but if it's been more than 4 days I'd def. have another unprotected attempt just to cover you in case of delayed ovulation!
    Hi , I will be going on an all inclusive vacation during the time I ovulate (I believe I will ovulate anywhere from day 1-4 of my trip . We plan on drinking throughout and I’m sure my eating habits will be more as well since it’s a high end all inclusive . We really want to attempt as we have been trying for 9 months ( I’ve been swaying as a vegetarian , mostly plant based with some cheese cheats and fish or shell fish cheats once every month and a bit . , I don’t eat breakfast and probably around 1800 caps a day ) I am slim and have also been walking just over an hour a day for 3 months . Because I know I will have a drink in my hand and be eating bigger meals I know my blood sugar will probably be very steady or high . Should I skip this month ? Any suggestions on how to keep myself on a sway with out ruining all my hard work but still totally enjoying ourselves ?

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Sorry 1800 calories a day

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yes you absolutely need to try. DO NOT SKIP THIS MONTH.

If anythign we did for a few days even right during O could possibly sway, we'd only do diet a few days around O. Our results show very very clearly that 1-4 WEEKS doing a sway diet do not work at all and only when you've got to 12+ weeks do you have reliably high results. You can't undo 9 months of swaying diet with a couple days off.

Go and have a great time. You may be surprised how well you do on diet because everything seems like a treat when you're away! Have some seafood, fruit, salads, that kind of thing, and it's all going to be super yummy and you'll very very likely stay very nearly within the limits anyway.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Mommykisses View Post
    Sorry 1800 calories a day
    Toss the cal restrictions and stuff away for few days.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast