Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Swaying Pink next year

Hi there!

Mom of 3 little boys here and very much wanting a little girl to add to the mix. I have been watching this site for over a year now., being quiet and just watching/ learning. I came here during my last pregnancy. I was dealing with pretty hard disappointment over a third son. But finding this site has helped me tremendously.

My youngest is 6 months old. I’m planning to start TTC in March when he’s closing in on a year. I want to start my diet after the holidays to give my self at least a twelve week start. I am already trying to phase in some things now so it won’t feel too dramatic later :-)

With all my sons I did have breakfast. I have lost the appetite for it and mostly end up drinking coffee right away and then a few hours later I have a glass of almond milk blended with raspberries. I know this isn’t exactly skipping - but since it’s low in calories and mostly carbs, would it be ok to have in In the morning since I will be breastfeeding?? If so I was planning on keeping that to be something I had at ten or 11 am followed by lunch a few hours later.

Is snacking always forbidden? Or is it okay to eat a vegetable or something in the middle of the afternoon?

I have a husband who wants to help as much as possible which I really appreciate. It seems diet isn’t super important for the DH. But he really wants to contribute so I was wondering what he can do to help.

Would love to hear from any and all.
    Happy to be here.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    AAAAA I had a big long answer written and the computer ate it, can you please bump this for tomorrow? I'm running out of steam here!
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Oh no! I hate that. Yes. Bumping now.

While I’m here- let me ask this too. I’ve seen some things change here over the years in regards to supplements. I did gather that most are not encouraged while breastfeeding anyway but wanted to know where you stand in general with them nowadays? And if there’s anythinng you WOULD encourage me to take while still nursing.

Also curious where you stand with abstain now? Is it getting good results? Both my husband and i will be 34 when we TTC.

Thanks again!!!
    Last edited by Mom23blues; November 7th, 2017 at 02:37 PM.

Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Also. Here’s a little background on me if that helps

I’m an avid runner. But somehow i managed to have injuries preventing me from running the time I conceived boys 1 & 3. Boy number two was conceived 8 months postpartum. I’m honestly a little surprised he’s not a girl given the conditions. I was going through a divorce and had lot a lot of weight due to stress and was still nursing. My third boy i had just gotten remarried. Was happy and snacking. Gained weight right before conception.

I’m now 8 lbs under my pre preg weight. And still losing. Training for a half marathon now and plan to run more to keep myself active. My husband has also lost weight recently. And is planning on losing more. He is mostly doing cardio. Neither of us are heavy red meat eaters (anymore) He does eat a ton of eggs though- should he cut back??

So anyways- with the running and weight loss. + diet i feel we are on a good path before we start really trying. I plan to really go for the diet starting the first of the year

Anyways- i will stop chatting at you . Super appreciate any feedback you have. Thanks so much

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Mom23blues View Post
    Oh no! I hate that. Yes. Bumping now.

While I’m here- let me ask this too. I’ve seen some things change here over the years in regards to supplements. I did gather that most are not encouraged while breastfeeding anyway but wanted to know where you stand in general with them nowadays? And if there’s anythinng you WOULD encourage me to take while still nursing.

Also curious where you stand with abstain now? Is it getting good results? Both my husband and i will be 34 when we TTC.

Thanks again!!!
    I only think folic acid/folate, fiber, and possibly OLE for DH are worth it. I no longer think any other supplement earns its keep to justify the amount of trouble they cause.

Abstain is not getting great results but most people under 35 do still choose to start off with it.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Also. Here’s a little background on me if that helps

I’m an avid runner. But somehow i managed to have injuries preventing me from running the time I conceived boys 1 & 3. Boy number two was conceived 8 months postpartum. I’m honestly a little surprised he’s not a girl given the conditions. I was going through a divorce and had lot a lot of weight due to stress and was still nursing. My third boy i had just gotten remarried. Was happy and snacking. Gained weight right before conception.

I’m now 8 lbs under my pre preg weight. And still losing. Training for a half marathon now and plan to run more to keep myself active. My husband has also lost weight recently. And is planning on losing more. He is mostly doing cardio. Neither of us are heavy red meat eaters (anymore) He does eat a ton of eggs though- should he cut back??

So anyways- with the running and weight loss. + diet i feel we are on a good path before we start really trying. I plan to really go for the diet starting the first of the year

Anyways- i will stop chatting at you . Super appreciate any feedback you have. Thanks so much
    Sometimes those babies just sneak through. Swaying is weird in that you can seemingly do nothing any different and get a different result the second time around. It's important to do what has worked for most people most of the time without getting hung up going over what you did before.

If he can cut back slightly, that may be a good thing. So much of this we don't honestly know, though. I've been having willing hubbies cut back some on eggs but I have no hard data that it even does anything.

Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by atomic sagebrush View Post
    Sometimes those babies just sneak through. Swaying is weird in that you can seemingly do nothing any different and get a different result the second time around. It's important to do what has worked for most people most of the time without getting hung up going over what you did before.

If he can cut back slightly, that may be a good thing. So much of this we don't honestly know, though. I've been having willing hubbies cut back some on eggs but I have no hard data that it even does anything.

Ok. Gotcha! I️ think I️ was reading older posts that were suggesting the abstinence thing. Wondering what you think best practice is?
    Also- how far in advance should I purchase a customized plan before I start diet and everything??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Ok. Gotcha! I️ think I️ was reading older posts that were suggesting the abstinence thing. Wondering what you think best practice is?
    Also- how far in advance should I purchase a customized plan before I start diet and everything??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Just one attempt regardless of frequency. It's fine to start off doing abstain or FR if you want to, just that one attempt is what really works.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Virtually all of us had coffee in the morning, that is fine

the almond milk is great if you treat it AS a meal. I have actually moved away from almond milk for blue swayers because I thought it may be contributing to opposites so I now think it's a great addition to a pink sway even though fortified.

It's better to have 3 or even 4 meals than add in snacking. But if you're really stuck you're right a vegetable is def better than a bunch of sugar or something

DH doesn't need to do diet but if he were to give up red meat, all meat, or even go vegan that may help. Soymilk daily may help as well, possibly 500 mg OLE

10. Thanks Mom23blues thanked for this post