Dream User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Love Pink sway advice please.

Hello everyone, I'm a newbie but I have previously been a lurker! I have had four boys over the years, I have one last chance to have the girl I've always dreamed of.

I had to stop breastfeeding 8 weeks ago. I started to ease in some dietary changes (swapped tea for coffee, skipping breakfast, cut out snacking, cereal, fruit juice, glasses of milk, cut down on red meat). Then I tried the LE diet, I didn't lose any weight (but my baby is only 6 months) and I don't usually eat carbs. I had a few blood tests for thyroid, sugars etc and they came back satisfactory. So, I swapped to the pcos diet four weeks ago, it feels better and it worked initially but still I'm struggling to lose weight and it's not like me.

A typical day- 15 hours inbetween dinner and breakfast.
    Coffee with sugar or sweetener and full fat milk.

A slice of brown toast (2 if I'm starving) and a piece of fruit. (I was having yoghurt with the fruit but as I'm having milk in coffee I'm not sure I should)

Four hours later- 2/3 wholegrain ry vita crackers with carrot sticks and houmous.

Dinner is wholegrain rice, pasta or potatoes with veggies and a veggie burger or bit of chicken.

I drink 3/4 coffees, water, some diet pop and fruit tea with hardly any ingredients.

I have bought some nuts, light biscuits and peanut butter now in case I'm not getting enough?

I have tried twice to add exercise but it has flared up my fibromyalgia. Firstly I tried to build it up gradually and secondly some walking, I did lose a couple of pounds doing this and felt mentally better but physically a lot worse with a really painful back. So it looks like unfortunately I might struggle with the necessary exercise. I usually do none due to my condition so it would have been a change, I do think though it might have strengthened me, especially if I can't do enough to over exercise.

I am trying to be relaxed on the diet because I can get obsessive and I had an eating disorder as a teen. This is why I'm dubious of counting calories or fat/ protein, because I will repeatedly count it and start planning ahead and it's a road to becoming unstable (and increasing testosterone). I have some saw palmetto, antihistamines and rephresh for the month of ttc.

My hubby has cut down buckets of coffee with heaps of sugar, red meat and he's taking olive leaf. He is really eager to get going but I have put him off for at least a month because I am the heaviest I have ever been, way more than when I conceived any of the boys. I am 5'4" and weigh just under 11stone, I had lost 3 lbs when I last checked but I darent check again because I am becoming stressed with it.

Am I okay to ttc in 6 or 10 weeks even if I lose very little weight? Is it the weight loss itself that sways or the diet, or possibly both?

Does every four days sound good for attempts rather than abstain? As hubby is 42 and I'm 38.

Thanks for any advice, I hope my post makes some sense. I think what you do here is great.
    Last edited by Telia_Nibbles; November 16th, 2017 at 07:27 AM.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    can you please bump this for me? it's quite long and I'd hoped to have enough time to reply today but its nearly dinnertime now
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Telia_Nibbles View Post
    Hello everyone, I'm a newbie but I have previously been a lurker! I have had four boys over the years, I have one last chance to have the girl I've always dreamed of.

I had to stop breastfeeding 8 weeks ago. I started to ease in some dietary changes (swapped tea for coffee, skipping breakfast, cut out snacking, cereal, fruit juice, glasses of milk, cut down on red meat). Then I tried the LE diet, I didn't lose any weight (but my baby is only 6 months) and I don't usually eat carbs. I had a few blood tests for thyroid, sugars etc and they came back satisfactory. So, I swapped to the pcos diet four weeks ago, it feels better and it worked initially but still I'm struggling to lose weight and it's not like me.

A typical day- 15 hours inbetween dinner and breakfast.
    Coffee with sugar or sweetener and full fat milk.

A slice of brown toast (2 if I'm starving) and a piece of fruit. (I was having yoghurt with the fruit but as I'm having milk in coffee I'm not sure I should)

Four hours later- 2/3 wholegrain ry vita crackers with carrot sticks and houmous.

Dinner is wholegrain rice, pasta or potatoes with veggies and a veggie burger or bit of chicken.

I drink 3/4 coffees, water, some diet pop and fruit tea with hardly any ingredients.

I have bought some nuts, light biscuits and peanut butter now in case I'm not getting enough?

I have tried twice to add exercise but it has flared up my fibromyalgia. Firstly I tried to build it up gradually and secondly some walking, I did lose a couple of pounds doing this and felt mentally better but physically a lot worse with a really painful back. So it looks like unfortunately I might struggle with the necessary exercise. I usually do none due to my condition so it would have been a change, I do think though it might have strengthened me, especially if I can't do enough to over exercise.

I am trying to be relaxed on the diet because I can get obsessive and I had an eating disorder as a teen. This is why I'm dubious of counting calories or fat/ protein, because I will repeatedly count it and start planning ahead and it's a road to becoming unstable (and increasing testosterone). I have some saw palmetto, antihistamines and rephresh for the month of ttc.

My hubby has cut down buckets of coffee with heaps of sugar, red meat and he's taking olive leaf. He is really eager to get going but I have put him off for at least a month because I am the heaviest I have ever been, way more than when I conceived any of the boys. I am 5'4" and weigh just under 11stone, I had lost 3 lbs when I last checked but I darent check again because I am becoming stressed with it.

Am I okay to ttc in 6 or 10 weeks even if I lose very little weight? Is it the weight loss itself that sways or the diet, or possibly both?

Does every four days sound good for attempts rather than abstain? As hubby is 42 and I'm 38.

Thanks for any advice, I hope my post makes some sense. I think what you do here is great.
    Hi and Welcome!

Diet seems a bit low. You can have 3 meals a day. Given your history of ED, do NOT count or track things. Just eat 3 meals a day and try and go vegetarian if you can. We don’t want you to relapse or take in too little calories or nutrients with 2 meals a day. I know you have weight to spare, but we don’t want you to swing too far in the other direction either.

Not doing the exercise is fine if you can’t do it. Plenty of us on this site have gotten girls without doing it. Don’t sweat it if you can’t!

Don’t weigh yourself if it triggers you! Losing weight isn’t necessary.

TTCing at 10 weeks is better for pink than at 6 weeks.

Every 4 days is better for pink than abstain with your DH’s age. Abstain hasn’t gotten good results anyway.

🤞🏻for you!! Good luck!

8/2010 6/2013 11/2015
    10/2017

Thank you Gender Dreaming for our precious little girl!

4. Thanks Telia_Nibbles, atomic sagebrush thanked for this post
    Dream User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks for your reply! This is great to hear. Basically; I need to relax, probably the biggest challenge for me!

I have maximised my pcos diet adding more from the 5 times a day and unlimited sections. Am I okay to continue with a bit of chicken or turkey rather than completely vegetarian? I don't have pcos, I didn't do well on the regular LE diet and put a few pounds on despite eating less and I don't handle carbs well, I'm doing better on the alternative diet.

I've done 4 weeks of regular LE and 4 weeks of PCOS diet. Would 10 weeks be counted from the beginning or from the swap to PCOS diet? We're still ttc in December or January anyway, I'm just asking out of curiosity.

I'll look for a pink thread I can join to share support now.

Thanks again for your time and support! <3

EDD 23/11/18!

Thank you Genderdreaming!

6. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    whoops I ended up answering most of this in your other post sorry

yes yes fine to continue eating chicken and turkey. Small amounts plus eggs, full fat dairy (ONLY full fat dairy as skim is really bad for blood sugar levels with PCOS)

I'd count from starting PCOS as the standard diet may actually have hurt your chances (sorry I just want you in with the best possible chance) but as always it's up to you.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dream User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you Atomic, for both of your replies. Very helpful. Instead of trying to do nothing I had quite a good walk to the shops and back today. I'm not breastfeeding so I've started SP, 160mg x 2 daily.

I am going to hang on until January or ideally February to get the best chance.

I'm still getting to grips with the diet but I have the lists to follow.

Thanks again!
    Last edited by Telia_Nibbles; November 22nd, 2017 at 08:43 AM.

EDD 23/11/18!

Thank you Genderdreaming!

9. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post