Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

2. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by atomic sagebrush View Post
    Hi and welcome, Star!!

Shettles is NOT great odds of conception. it is no wonder you didn't get pregnant cutting off 3 days before positive OPK - that could be as much as 5 days prior to ovulation!!

Timing doesn't even work - most of us on here myself included have 2-3-4 or more timing opposites (I have 4!) It just doesn't do anything other than making it really hard to get pregnant.

But the good news is that you got Clomid! Clomid is among the best sway tactics!

Now, since you're on your first month of Clomid you can decide, do you want to give it a try with one attempt at positive OPK this month?? That is what I'd have you do because I suspect the only reason you're not already pregnant is because your cutoffs were so long. So I'd get some OPK and start testing with them on the 5th day after your last dose. Testing any sooner than that and you may end up getting a false positive on the OPK (which Clomid can cause for up to 3 days later)

I would probably have an attempt that same day. It's really very unlikely that you'll O any sooner than that 5th day and it's usually later, so have an attempt (even if the OPK is negative) that 5th day and start taking OPK the same day. Keep testing with OPK. It is likely that you'll get a true positive later on. If it's been 4 or more days since your previous attempt, attempt again. If 2 or less days, stick with the one you've had. If it's 3 days, then either just follow your heart or flip a coin and do what the coin says to do.

DO NOT under any circumstances BD 3-5 times at positive OPK. We do that for boys and for people who have been on Clomid for more than just one month.

Another thing you could do instead if the method I suggested doesn't appeal, is to simply have unprotected sex every 4 days from here on in. But honestly, since I believe 110% that this is not really a fertility thing and is a too long of a cutoff thing, why not give it a month with one attempt just to see if you can conceive with it??
    thank you so much for you input. I really value your information and will give the first option you said a try! And you're probably very accurate in saying about the failed attempts with Shettles. I was really hoping to get prescribed Clomid and luckily, that's exactly what my doc recommended. <3 Do you count the 5th day from the last dose starting with day one the next day from the last dose? For example-- My last dose was on Saturday (12/9/2017)... would that make my 5th day this Thursday (12/14/2017) then? We BD yesterday morning... so have an attempt on Thursday, and then again when I get a pos opk (unless it's 2 or less days from the last attempt on thursday? Then that's it, correct. Just want to make sure I have this right

Before clomid, I was ovulating as early as CD9.

4. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yes honestly although I feel badly that you went on so long not conceiving I am glad it's ended up with the Clomid.

Since you tend to be an early ovulator let's test and BD on Wednesday instead. The Clomid ~should~ be out of your system by the 4th day and I just feel better about it. We have had the occasional person who Oed the 5th day and this way if you do O on the sooner rather than the later side you won't miss the month.

And then start doing the OPK that same day. Will ~probably~ be negative, but may be positive. It may be a true positive OPK or leftovers from the Clomid, but either way your Wednesday attempt will cover you. Then keep doing the OPK strips and if you get a positive within 2 days, stick with the attempt on Wednesday. If 4 or more, have another attempt, if 3 follow your gut or flip a coin.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

6. Thanks Star4012 thanked for this post
    Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Great. Thank you so much. And honestly, we kept going back and forth about trying in 2016 vs 2017 bc our youngest boy is a spitfire LOL... So when it didn't happen right away we were somewhat ok with it.. and so to speaking had we had a newborn last summer with our 2 year old, it would have been hard to manage. BUT I want a little girl so bad, that rather than just jumping into trying to get whatever we get, I'm willing to wait to know that I did what I could to try for a girl.

Thanks for clairfiying what I needed above. I was unsure about the day I ovulated prior to Clomid, and now that I'm on Clomid--- which is AWESOME that it sways pink. My doc already told me his plan if I don't conceive this month-- we do 50mg for 3 months, and then will move to a higher dose.

8. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Great. Thank you so much. And honestly, we kept going back and forth about trying in 2016 vs 2017 bc our youngest boy is a spitfire LOL... So when it didn't happen right away we were somewhat ok with it.. and so to speaking had we had a newborn last summer with our 2 year old, it would have been hard to manage. BUT I want a little girl so bad, that rather than just jumping into trying to get whatever we get, I'm willing to wait to know that I did what I could to try for a girl.

Thanks for clairfiying what I needed above. I was unsure about the day I ovulated prior to Clomid, and now that I'm on Clomid--- which is AWESOME that it sways pink. My doc already told me his plan if I don't conceive this month-- we do 50mg for 3 months, and then will move to a higher dose.

Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Kleigh8286 View Post
    Yup! I’ve been gearing up for this attempt for the last couple of months

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Hey girl, How are you feeling after Clomid? Do you know where on this forum I can find success stories similar to mine? Swaying girl with Clomid? I enjoy reading through them <3

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

12. Likes Star4012, BJH2018 liked this post
    Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Star4012 View Post
    Hey girl, How are you feeling after Clomid? Do you know where on this forum I can find success stories similar to mine? Swaying girl with Clomid? I enjoy reading through them <3
    I’m actually feeling pretty good so far! Tomorrow is my last pill yay! The link atomic recommended is what I like to look through! Lots of good info

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

14. Likes Star4012 liked this post
    Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

16. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    So sorry for all the questions... I ever so badly want to get this right since I believe that our chances this cycle are so high due to the first round of Clomid. I'm going to do OPK's today-- I took one yesterday and the day before just out of curiosity.. results: both just hollowed out smileys (clearblue advanced opks) so Negative result... not even flashing smileys to indicate an LH surge. Does that mean that the Clomid wouldn't be affecting my results now? I took my last dose on Saturday (CD9) and I'm currently on CD13. Planning on taking your advice, Atomic, on BD tonight as long as OPKs are not solid smiley... I'm also noticing that I'm drying up some... Usually when we are BD my husband will use his spit (umm... is this ok?) to start... or is it preferred for girl sway to use Sylk or Mucinex?

I also don't exercise.. I run a daycare with six kids all under the age of 4 daily... even though I'm not exercising per say, I'm always on my feet. I'm not taking prenatals bc I had heard they sway blue.. but I'm taking Folic Acid. Is the Clomid just enough for my sway? Planning on taking Bromelain 500mg from 1dpo to 5dpo to help with implantation. Anything I'm missing? I'm drilling myself to make sure I am well enough aware of what I need to do. Thanks in advance!! I really appreciate all your suggestions.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast