Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast
    Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Newbie, TTC a girl while on Clomid

Hi, my name is Emily. I am 28, my husband is 36 and we have been TTC for a year and a half. I have an 8 year old son with my ex husband and a 2 year old son with my current husband. We started off our journey using the shettles method with no success. I had blood work done, an endometrial biopsy, and my husband had a semen analysis done. All which came back normal. My doc just put me on Clomid 50mg this cycle and instructed me to take it on days 5-9. I'm currently on CD11. My question is, now that I've read that timing has nothing to do with swaying at least when on Clomid, When should I attempt? For Shettles, we were doing a 2-3 day cut off before a pos OPK. I read on another thread that someone had success having sex on day of pos opk, the next day morning and night, and then the following day morning and night. Is this true? I am not following any diet right now. Please help, as I am getting close to my fertile window. thank you!!!

Emily

Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I forgot to mention .. We BD yesterday, and my original plan was to have cut off until pos OPK and do our attempt. Is that the best way possible to do this? I also have no history of PCOS or cysts... I believe my doc thinks that I'm ovulating as indicated on with my BBT chart, but that my quality of eggs aren't good. This will be our last baby, and after having two boys I would feel complete getting a girl.
    Last edited by Star4012; December 11th, 2017 at 03:36 PM. Reason: add more info

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi and welcome, Star!!

Shettles is NOT great odds of conception. it is no wonder you didn't get pregnant cutting off 3 days before positive OPK - that could be as much as 5 days prior to ovulation!!

Timing doesn't even work - most of us on here myself included have 2-3-4 or more timing opposites (I have 4!) It just doesn't do anything other than making it really hard to get pregnant.

But the good news is that you got Clomid! Clomid is among the best sway tactics!

Now, since you're on your first month of Clomid you can decide, do you want to give it a try with one attempt at positive OPK this month?? That is what I'd have you do because I suspect the only reason you're not already pregnant is because your cutoffs were so long. So I'd get some OPK and start testing with them on the 5th day after your last dose. Testing any sooner than that and you may end up getting a false positive on the OPK (which Clomid can cause for up to 3 days later)

I would probably have an attempt that same day. It's really very unlikely that you'll O any sooner than that 5th day and it's usually later, so have an attempt (even if the OPK is negative) that 5th day and start taking OPK the same day. Keep testing with OPK. It is likely that you'll get a true positive later on. If it's been 4 or more days since your previous attempt, attempt again. If 2 or less days, stick with the one you've had. If it's 3 days, then either just follow your heart or flip a coin and do what the coin says to do.

DO NOT under any circumstances BD 3-5 times at positive OPK. We do that for boys and for people who have been on Clomid for more than just one month.

Another thing you could do instead if the method I suggested doesn't appeal, is to simply have unprotected sex every 4 days from here on in. But honestly, since I believe 110% that this is not really a fertility thing and is a too long of a cutoff thing, why not give it a month with one attempt just to see if you can conceive with it??
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

4. Thanks Star4012 thanked for this post
    Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    thank you so much for you input. I really value your information and will give the first option you said a try! And you're probably very accurate in saying about the failed attempts with Shettles. I was really hoping to get prescribed Clomid and luckily, that's exactly what my doc recommended. <3 Do you count the 5th day from the last dose starting with day one the next day from the last dose? For example-- My last dose was on Saturday (12/9/2017)... would that make my 5th day this Thursday (12/14/2017) then? We BD yesterday morning... so have an attempt on Thursday, and then again when I get a pos opk (unless it's 2 or less days from the last attempt on thursday? Then that's it, correct. Just want to make sure I have this right

Before clomid, I was ovulating as early as CD9.

Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I will keep in touch as things progress too! Thanks!!

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Star4012! I’m on your clomid chat on babycenter lol. I totally wanted to recommend coming here, but wasn’t sure if you were going to sway We’ll get our girls

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. Likes Star4012 liked this post
    Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hey girl!! What a small world!! Was it you who asked me if I was going to sway this round on Babycenter? It got me thinking and I became desperate today to find out what I needed to do to make this happen.. I googled and it directed me back to here!! So glad you found me on here too!

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yes that was me! So funny! This site is the best

11. Thanks atomic sagebrush thanked for this post
    Likes Star4012 liked this post
    Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    It sure is!! Everyone here is so helpful! Are you swaying girl this round too? Just follow Atomics directions she gave me (if so).

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yup! I’ve been gearing up for this attempt for the last couple of months

14. Likes Star4012, atomic sagebrush liked this post
Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast