Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 43
  1. #11
    Dream User

    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    38
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by ABC.2606 View Post
    Hmm that is odd. With Amazon it seems like sometimes the packaging of stuff doesn't always match the photos. If it says 800 mcg of folate somewhere on the bottle I'm guessing it's the same stuff.

    I'd let atomic advise you on whether to take 3 per day but in my case after two m/c's that were *probably* chromosome-related she thinks it's worth it.

    Yea for 2013 & 2015 babies! Do your little guys get along well? Mine are best friends & they also fight nonstop

    Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk
    Yes they love each other so much. They just started playing and talking together more (my younger son is 2 in a few days so he is the end of 2015, and my older is 5 in April), so with the younger talking more and more it’s been fun watching them finally able to play. Best friends and constant fights, yep! Such fun, brothers.

  2. Likes ABC.2606, atomic sagebrush liked this post
  3. #12
    Dream Vet

    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    1,759
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by BeachBabies2 View Post
    Yes they love each other so much. They just started playing and talking together more (my younger son is 2 in a few days so he is the end of 2015, and my older is 5 in April), so with the younger talking more and more it’s been fun watching them finally able to play. Best friends and constant fights, yep! Such fun, brothers.
    Watching two brothers together is seriously the best! As much as I want a little girl, I can't imagine not getting to see the cuteness of two little brothers together!!!!
    2013 2015
    Three babies
    2019 My rainbow boy/girl twins born January 2019 - thank you Atomic and Gender Dreaming!!

    https://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/6b9cac

  4. #13
    Dream User

    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    38
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by ABC.2606 View Post
    Watching two brothers together is seriously the best! As much as I want a little girl, I can't imagine not getting to see the cuteness of two little brothers together!!!!
    I was going to say the same thing! It would be so different and fun to have a little girl, but I also know the fun of little brothers and that whole dynamic of the 3 would be truly special too!

  5. #14
    Dream User

    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    38
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Atomic, could I add to this thread a question about irregular cycles. Since I can’t do the exercise this time around, is there anything else I could be doing? My cycles are never the same, so it’s a long annoying wait to try again when it doesn’t happen. Like a 30 day cycle to a 40 day cycle. We were doing E4D and will do that or one attempt again but sometimes that ends up with maybe another attempt at positive OPK (again) because I get two at different times. Should I take something to regulate my cycle? Or is that boy friendly? I can’t quite ask for Clomid I don’t think because it took 2 cycles to get pregnant this time and now they know i haven’t been waiting 6 months.

  6. #15
    Swaying Advice Coach
    atomic sagebrush's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Eastern Washington State, USA
    Posts
    106,828
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Oh I'm so sorry BB.

    Listen to me on folate/folic acid, not Google and not your doctor. I want you guys to wean. No one else thinks it is important but I do. I don't think this caused your miscarriage but I just like you to be on the safest side.

    I want you on folate only from here on in. You're going to have to track down a prenatal with folate instead of folic acid. If you are one of the minority of people who can't take folic acid then you need to stay away from FA all together even in food.

    I want you to take one or two (whichever you feel more comfy with, your body just pees out the excess) and then add your prenatal (folate only) into that. This may make more sense if you're only taking one of them and not both. Take higher dose all thru the entire first trimester and only once you're at 12 weeks, then gradually wean off of them to the amount in the prenatal and again, I want you on a prenatal that has only folate, no folic acid.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

    If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

    https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

  7. Thanks gafan thanked for this post
  8. #16
    Swaying Advice Coach
    atomic sagebrush's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Eastern Washington State, USA
    Posts
    106,828
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by ABC.2606 View Post
    I don't have advice to offer but I am taking the Solgar Folate (metafolin) but mine just say 800 mcg. I buy them at my grocery store but they look like this: https://www.amazon.com/Solgar-Folate...%2Bfolate&th=1 I have been taking 2 a day on most days (so 1600 mcg) and have been swaying for 8 months and have had 2 early miscarriages (2nd one was just this past weekend). Because of this 2nd m/c, Atomic has advised me to bump it up to 3 a day - which would be a total of 2400 mcg per day. My understanding is that folate is a safer/better form than folic acid so it's safer to take higher amounts of folate. I don't know about what to do after BFP though so I'd be interested in knowing what Atomic thinks about that. This last pregnancy I just m/c I switched to a prenatal a few days after BFP (which had 800 mcg of folic acid) and stopped the folate. But I'm sure that's not what caused the m/c (blood work showed an impending m/c before I switched to the prenatal).
    It's fine to take more folic acid for those who can tolerate it, too. Those of us like me who had a baby with an NTD are given 4000-5000 folic acid (I took it with my last two pregnancies after my 3rd son had mild spina bifida) Folate is safer for the baby's sake because some people have the mutation that can make folic acid build up in your body (which can cause issues eventually even for you but this is mainly a protection for the baby) and it's better for them to use the folate.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

    If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

    https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

  9. #17
    Swaying Advice Coach
    atomic sagebrush's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Eastern Washington State, USA
    Posts
    106,828
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by ksmom View Post
    I agree with ABC to wait and see what Atomic says but she has most people who have had losses take 1600-2000 mcg folate so you'll probably end up at least doubling the amount you're taking now.
    I do prefer people to take more than they were before after suffering a loss and also switch over from FA to folate! thanks!
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

    If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

    https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

  10. #18
    Swaying Advice Coach
    atomic sagebrush's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Eastern Washington State, USA
    Posts
    106,828
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by ABC.2606 View Post
    Watching two brothers together is seriously the best! As much as I want a little girl, I can't imagine not getting to see the cuteness of two little brothers together!!!!
    I think little boys should come in pairs like shoes and I sometimes have guilt helping people with swaying for a B/G family since I love love love having 2x boys so much I did it twice, separated by 13 years! My older two are 26 and 22 (and are roommates!) and my younger two are 8 (in 2 days) and 9!

    And since everyone always wonders, yes same husband. Baby fever is a powerful thing. Poor man. LOL
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

    If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

    https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

  11. Thanks ABC.2606 thanked for this post
  12. #19
    Dream Vet

    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    1,759
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by atomic sagebrush View Post
    Oh I'm so sorry BB.

    Listen to me on folate/folic acid, not Google and not your doctor. I want you guys to wean. No one else thinks it is important but I do. I don't think this caused your miscarriage but I just like you to be on the safest side.

    I want you on folate only from here on in. You're going to have to track down a prenatal with folate instead of folic acid. If you are one of the minority of people who can't take folic acid then you need to stay away from FA all together even in food.

    I want you to take one or two (whichever you feel more comfy with, your body just pees out the excess) and then add your prenatal (folate only) into that. This may make more sense if you're only taking one of them and not both. Take higher dose all thru the entire first trimester and only once you're at 12 weeks, then gradually wean off of them to the amount in the prenatal and again, I want you on a prenatal that has only folate, no folic acid.
    Atomic - with prenatal vitamins specifically, are you advising folate only (not folic acid) for those who've had miscarriages, and if so is that what you think I should do as well (when I get BFP again)? I've been doing folate the whole time I've been swaying but the prenatals I have have folic acid in them. I've found it pretty dang near impossible to find the perfect prenatal - they all seem to have something I don't like (too much of something, too little of something, the wrong "form" of something, stuff in it I just don't want at all - like extra herbs and whatnot). For example I try to use one that has the beta carotene form of vit A b/c of the concern about getting too amounts of whatever the other synthetic form is, which a lot of them don't use.

    Just curious!
    2013 2015
    Three babies
    2019 My rainbow boy/girl twins born January 2019 - thank you Atomic and Gender Dreaming!!

    https://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/6b9cac

  13. #20
    Dream Vet

    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    1,759
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by atomic sagebrush View Post
    I think little boys should come in pairs like shoes and I sometimes have guilt helping people with swaying for a B/G family since I love love love having 2x boys so much I did it twice, separated by 13 years! My older two are 26 and 22 (and are roommates!) and my younger two are 8 (in 2 days) and 9!

    And since everyone always wonders, yes same husband. Baby fever is a powerful thing. Poor man. LOL
    I can see that - I come from a B/G family and my brother is 5 years older than me, we have almost nothing in common and we have never been close at all. It also seems like the dynamics in the B/G families I know versus the B/B ones are very different. I do feel like my two are always going to have a very special bond, even though their personalities are very unique!

    Your family sounds fantastic, Atomic! And that little girl of yours is too adorable!!!
    2013 2015
    Three babies
    2019 My rainbow boy/girl twins born January 2019 - thank you Atomic and Gender Dreaming!!

    https://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/6b9cac

  14. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Folate?
    By MsMarie89 in forum Trying to Conceive a Boy
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: May 5th, 2017, 03:50 PM
  2. Folate UK
    By squigglepink in forum Trying to Conceive a Girl
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: April 22nd, 2016, 08:43 AM
  3. Folate
    By Lizand3Bs in forum Trying to Conceive a Girl
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: January 17th, 2015, 11:18 AM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •