Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you!!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    beginning my sway a month or two after my first miscarriage.
    Atomic, would you still suggest considering nutrients taken separately after unexpected pregnancy loss if I've already had a healthy pregnancy using the same prenatal? My first pregnancy I had been taking folic acid while swaying and switched to a prenatal. Recent pregnancy loss (almost 8 wks development) I was taking prenatal vitamin sometimes before and always after BFP and wished I had been taking folic acid or prenatal for months before... I was eating some folate rich foods and quite a few processed breads/cookies but usually had organic breads/cereals that weren't fortified. So I just don't know how much folic acid was available to that embryo. The doctor said it was probably just a problem with genes unfolding properly, but I've been fighting occasional thoughts that I contributed to my loss by not having enough folic acid in my diet.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Most losses are chromosomal and completely out of our control.

I want you guys to take folic or folate only for swaying since prenatals may sway blue. Then I want you to continue the higher dose of f/fa till the end of the first trimester (even while taking prenatal which you should start at BFP) and then gradually wean off by spacing doses further and further out till down to the amount in a prenatal.

I am not entirely following your question about nutrients taken separately?
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks, that makes sense.
    The nutrients taken separately questioned stemmed from this "If you've had unexplained losses you may even want to skip prenatals and do nutrients taken separately if you can find one without the megadoses and weird herbs. You may have to compromise on the B Vitamins and get a B complex with somewhat higher doses and then add folate to that. But do be aware B9 is folic acid so evne a B complex needs to have folate only as well. "
    It sounded like for some women it may make more sense to put together our own nutrient supplements rather than taking a prenatal.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    LOL I meant if you CAN"T find one without megadoses and weird herbs. (had more than my fair share of typos in that, so sorry)

Some people really have a hard time finding multivitamins with folate that do not also have massive doses of other nutrients (I am not a fan of taking megadoses of anything you don't need) or herbal components in them. For whatever reason many of the companies that put folate in their vitamins, will also cram them full of other things many of which may even be harmful (and very likely will mess up a sway, at any rate) so in that case you would be better off taking nutrients on their own rather than a multivitamin that either has folic acid in it or else one that has a bunch of weird herbs and megadose other things.

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi Atomic,

After LE diet since June and my first miscarriage in December, I am half switched to atomic fertility diet, for fertility and also I’ve been having recurrent YI, due to antibiotics but also I think LE diet. It feels scary though because AFD is similar to how I ate when I got my boys. Is it okay to be less strict with it if I’m not doing it for blood sugar reasons or does it only work well when followed more strictly? Talking with my doc about a diflucan regimine to be stopped whenever I find out I’m pregnant- which is just to take one pill each month at the time i start to feel symptoms which is usually a week before AF. Would that sway at all? I really want to take fem-dophilus to see if that helps but I’m assuming that’s a bad idea for a girl sway. They said taking probiotics isn’t a bad idea, would you think all probiotics are the same- ones for stomach, and ones geared for reproductive area? They mentioned eating yogurt obviously, which I do, often, amongst some other probiotic natural foods. I don’t see that that helps. Starting exercise after our March vacation so it won’t affect this cycle (would only be about 2-3 weeks before attempt) but would set me up for the next one if needed, with more like 5 weeks in. Hard to start in the 2ww but i think that makes sense? I’m worried about dropping too many things that felt girl friendly the further down the road I get here. I am definitely not as strict as I was previously. Any thoughts? Or clarifications I can make?
    Last edited by BeachBabies2; February 22nd, 2018 at 06:54 AM. Reason: Found out more details about diflucan treatment

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    The AFD seems to be MORE reliable for swaying than standard LE (although we're not sure if that is a true finding or a statistical quirk, since different groups of people use the two diets) So don't feel like you're selling yourself short, I suspect if you think about it AFD is still different from what you were doing when you got your boys.

The trouble with probiotics for YI is that not only do they very likely sway blue, they don't cure your yeast infection. For oral probiotics to help with YI, you have to take them, the microbes colonize your intestines, then they grow out your bottom and up into your VJ and outcompete the yeast and then eventually the yeast will mostly die out (which is not only a gross process to consider, but is also time consuming!!) They really are not the best way to go for fast acting relief with yeast. Eating yogurt is really not the best advice and is barely better than useless since very few of the microbes survive the stomach acid. Yogurt is great for upper digestive tract issues (such as oral thrush and keeping a healthy biome in your mouth, breathing passages, and esophagus but it is even less effective at curing vaginal YI than probiotics are. I would not jeopardize my sway taking the probiotics for something that probably won't do a whole lot for the YI anyway.

So I'd have you do the diflucan and then follow this up by actually using natural, unsweetened yogurt such as Mountain High as a vaginal cream which will then repopulate the area with healthy microorganisms and prevent the yeast from just growing back again. Knock it back with the medication, then follow up with the yogurt, but actually apply it to the area (it is safe to do this) and don't just eat it for the reasons I outlined in the above paragraph. Once you get pregnant I absolutely would start taking femdophilus or whatever probiotic you'd like, but it's just that it is better as an ongoing preventative and not a quick cure when you're in misery!!

starting exercise

Everyone gets less strict over time, and yet we still have good results!!! I know it feels counterintiutive but sometimes we have to give up control over things and it only benefits our sways to do that. It's the people who manage to stay super strict doing 9 zillion things for months on end that end up having blue opposites, I believe because they can't let go of their control freakishness!!

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi! Thanks so much as usual. I think I’ve got a handle on the idea of the AFD and I agree that when I really look at it, it’s still different than what I did naturally when I got my boys. Thanks for the YI talk. The yogurt topically is great I’ve done that before so thanks for the support to do diflucan and that as well. Ideally I would take fem dophilus now so that when I get pregnant I have less issues but that’s what I wanted your advice on so thanks for giving it! I will wait until I get pregnant to start those probiotics. For exercise - is it worth having a couple weeks in with a possible break or rocky chunk for vacation before next attempt? Or worth just starting right after vacation, during the 2ww, as a set up for the next round? Thanks again!

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    ... and thanks for the support on the length of the swaying and control - totally makes sense! It’s so nice that you completely understand. Obviously you do! Haha

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by BeachBabies2 View Post
    Hi! Thanks so much as usual. I think I’ve got a handle on the idea of the AFD and I agree that when I really look at it, it’s still different than what I did naturally when I got my boys. Thanks for the YI talk. The yogurt topically is great I’ve done that before so thanks for the support to do diflucan and that as well. Ideally I would take fem dophilus now so that when I get pregnant I have less issues but that’s what I wanted your advice on so thanks for giving it! I will wait until I get pregnant to start those probiotics. For exercise - is it worth having a couple weeks in with a possible break or rocky chunk for vacation before next attempt? Or worth just starting right after vacation, during the 2ww, as a set up for the next round? Thanks again!
    I am following to see what Atomic says about starting exercise now or later, interesting question.

Sent from my SM-G930U using Tapatalk

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast