Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Did IVF w/PGD but didn't work...now trying for a girl naturally

Hi
    After 2 years of infertlity/failed iui's/clomid/letrozole...I had surgery to fix a fallopian tube then conceived the next cycle with my DS (with letrozole
    & iui). I then had DS #2 two years later at age 38 wth just letrozole. (I did have an early m/c between DS #1 and DS #2) Desperately hoping for a girl, we did IVF with PGD this fall but I ended up only having one normal embryo and it is a male...I live in MA so everything (except the PGD) was paid for but understandably insurance won't pay for any more fertility treatments now that I have a potentially viable embryo...hello ethical dilemma. I'm now almost 40 (like, in a month!) so we think we will try naturally - or possibly with letrozole/femara since that helped me conceive before - and if that doesn't work after 6 months or so...we will try to implant the embryo. (DH is 44)

I signed up for a plan but understand it takes some time to put together...in the meantime, I'm on CD 11 (usually ovulate on cd 18 - I do BBT) - and am very confused about timing...I'm on the LE diet (I think - just started yesterday) - and no supplements...should I just try to BD 12 hours after ovulation?
    (I'm also on metformin & synthroid and have PCOS) Anything else I can do to not throw away this cycle?

Thank you!

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Wishing you all the very best to get your girl, Ill keep my fingers crossed for you!

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi Seeking, I have your plan and I'll try to put a rush on it.

I don't want you on the standard LE Diet, I want you on the atomic fertility diet (both for thyroid and for your age) and you can find that here. http://genderdreaming.com/forum/ttc-...-sugar-issues= It will be better for your egg quality and your sway to eat this type of diet.

Yes if there is any way to get letorozole again please use it! One of the best of the best sway tactics there is, even though you got boys with it before, overall it does sway pink.

What I would have you do is have just one attempt on O-1. O+12 does not work and it cuts odds of conception to nothing. One attempt does work and so it's best to have that one attempt at a point in time where you can actually conceive from it, which is the day before O. Or, if you want to include timing (which also does not work, unfortunately) you could have a 2 or 3 day cutoff since you know you normally O on CD 18. Totally your call to make!
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you!!

5. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post