Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Oh sometimes we have a glitch where I have to manually approve a post and so your first post was just needing me to approve it. Sorry for inconvenience!

giving up the cran supps. They haven't worked anyway and really do make some pretty wicked side effects.

Cranberry juice does nothing. Since we know cranberry supplements, which are far more concentrated than the juice, do not work, it is impossible that the juice does. I would drop that too becuase you're only adding nutrients you don't need for no benefit to your sway.

Re Peppermint tea, yes absolutely that can make short LP and we have almost totally given that up for women over 35 as I saw such poor odds of conceiving. Plus, it also doesn't work.

You can't tell when you ovualted on the basis of O pains. For everyone it seems to work for, there are 10 others who it didn't work for so don't read too much into that. You may have ovulated then, you may not have.

Don't worry about the ovulation before CD 12. We have seen plenty of successful conceptions on cD 10/11 and like I said I"m not even sure you ovulated then anyway.

I would have any woman over 40 on the fertility diet anyway which is much lower in refined carbs and you can find that here: http://genderdreaming.com/forum/ttc-...-sugar-issues=

While I do want you to change diets, the twingey ovaries doesn't indicate PCO-tendencies. O pains are goofy things, you can just have them sometimes and not other times and there is really no conclusion to draw when you have them. The reason I want you to switch diets is age-related (and having had cysts in the past, also a good reason)
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

2. Thanks dreamofdaughter thanked for this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by dreamofdaughter View Post
    One other question, we are planning a trip to Mexico before we TTC. I just read Vit d sways boy...ugh...is there a way to get rid of the Vit D I absorb on holiday? I know it is stored in fat so if I exercise a lot after we get back, would this help? I feel frustrated because I do not want to TTC next month (just missed this month) as it will mean I am 9 weeks pregnant (if successful) when we fly which I feel is risky for a m/c. Any thoughts appreciated!
    Don't worry about the vacation. The Vit. D seems to be from supplements. People going out in the sun do not seem to have the strong blue sway effects that people taking the supplements have. NO you should not exercise a lot after you get back. We can't undo or compensate for things, all we can do is just do what works for most people most of the time.

4. Thanks dreamofdaughter thanked for this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    a few more questions in other post:

I am pretty sure your cycle was goofy due to the peppermint tea so since that is gone, it's great that we are seeing a return to normalcy.

I too have a pregnancy that I got from what had to be a pretty long cutoff. I suspect you probably Oed earlier than you think.

OPK on CD 10 is well within normal range, people get that all the time. Sometimes you'll O on CD 13 or even beyond after getting a pos OPK on CD 10! You can't tell on that basis, when you'll ovulate. And like I mention, CD 11 is entirely possible to conceive on that day.

You can't tell when you ovulate based on when your OPK go negative. You can have a short surge, tests go negative but still don't ovulate for a while after, or you can have tests that stay positive even a day or two after O. The test only detects the hormone in your pee, and not whether or not you Oed. Some people do get positive OPK for days, others only a few hours. It's all very individualized.

Yes, you can have tendencies towards PCOS but your lifestyle just doesn't support it. It's not a "disease" per se, it's often caused by a high carb diet, not exercising, and being overweight. IT's believed that as many as 75% of us have the tendency if our lifestyle supported it strongly enough. So do switch over to the alternate diet I posted for you, it will only help in any event.

MD's are getting much better about moms over 40. So many of us (myself included) had healthy, normal, easy and uncomplicated pregnancies at 40 and up. I had my last child at 42 and it was easier than my pregnancy and birth at 21!! So don't assume they'll be negative, they may not be.

6. Thanks dreamofdaughter thanked for this post
    Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks for this help, atomic. I appreciate it. I think I will need to get a personal plan because I feel like now I am eating all the wrong things based on the link you sent me. Like, I've been eating lots of durum wheat pasta, white bread and white rice. I have noticed my belly actually looks a little more "pot-belly" than it did when I went hard core and basically starved myself for the first month - I don't look bigger anywhere else and my weight hasn't gone up, but that could be because of the cardio. So, I would really like some help getting this right, especially given my dairy allergy, but doesn't sound like it's that great for a girl sway anyway! I actually have huge bags under my eyes the last couple of weeks and I felt like "ok my body does not like this food!". I have no issue skipping breakfast until 11 am. My body has adjusted (the first few days were tough!) and can cope with a half-decaf coffee in the morning and that is it. I do feel I need something to drink in the morning otherwise I can't wait until 11 to eat. So I am hoping one half-caff coffee is ok. I was a big coffee drinker when I conceived DS (but I also never let myself go too long without eating and I was a huge granola cereal fan - one bowl, maybe 2 a day!)

I honestly am not one to monitor my pH or DH pH (nothing against people who do! I just find it really stressful for me) or load myself full of artificial sweeteners given my age. At the end of the day, I would like a healthy child (but ideally a daughter ).

I will touch base asap with my PP payment (once I run it past DH - isn't not being the "alpha" supposed to get me a girl?! )

8. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I saw my ND. She wants me to take CoQ10 because of my age and to protect the eggs I do have. Is this ok? Does it sway? She also suggested a prenatal (I won't take until BFP because of it swaying boy), omegas (which I think I should not actually take because they sway boy, right? And I already do eat fish a couple times a week, small amounts though), Selenium (no idea if this sways?) and methylated folate (I hope I got that right) which I definitely will take - she doesn't want me taking folic acid. I don't understand why we are told to take folic acid when more natural doctors don't like it??

Which is the best plan to get? I need a personalized one, I know that given I am over 40 and have food restrictions. Sorry to be dense, I don't entirely understand the differences between the plans. :| Any help appreciated!

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by dreamofdaughter View Post
    Thanks for this help, atomic. I appreciate it. I think I will need to get a personal plan because I feel like now I am eating all the wrong things based on the link you sent me. Like, I've been eating lots of durum wheat pasta, white bread and white rice. I have noticed my belly actually looks a little more "pot-belly" than it did when I went hard core and basically starved myself for the first month - I don't look bigger anywhere else and my weight hasn't gone up, but that could be because of the cardio. So, I would really like some help getting this right, especially given my dairy allergy, but doesn't sound like it's that great for a girl sway anyway! I actually have huge bags under my eyes the last couple of weeks and I felt like "ok my body does not like this food!". I have no issue skipping breakfast until 11 am. My body has adjusted (the first few days were tough!) and can cope with a half-decaf coffee in the morning and that is it. I do feel I need something to drink in the morning otherwise I can't wait until 11 to eat. So I am hoping one half-caff coffee is ok. I was a big coffee drinker when I conceived DS (but I also never let myself go too long without eating and I was a huge granola cereal fan - one bowl, maybe 2 a day!)

I honestly am not one to monitor my pH or DH pH (nothing against people who do! I just find it really stressful for me) or load myself full of artificial sweeteners given my age. At the end of the day, I would like a healthy child (but ideally a daughter ).

I will touch base asap with my PP payment (once I run it past DH - isn't not being the "alpha" supposed to get me a girl?! )
    Let's see if the alternate diet clears up the bloating. It can for some people. If it gets worse we may want to switch over to no wheat at all.

Did we talk about coffee already? The idea that coffee sways blue has been totally debunked so if that's the reason why you were doing only one 1/2 caff coffee feel free to have more. We got 21 of 23 girls with people drinking 3 cups of coffee.

We aren't into the pH monitoring either after seeing soo many opposites with pH tests that it became impossible for me to believe it was doing anything.

I doubt artificial sweeteners do anything anyway.

Coq10 is fine, we use that with pink sways. wait to start prenatal till BFP, take folate now. Wait on Omegas till BFP as well. I'd just get a multi that has selenium in it as I find the selenium stand alone doses are sky high and could even be an overdose depending on how much a person ends up taking.

Most people can take folic acid just fine. it is also much, much cheaper. Folate is great if you can afford it, but I can't demand that everyone take folate as what will happen is that anyone who can't afford folate, will take NOTHING and folate and FA is the only nutrient supplement ever proven to prevent birth defects when taken prior to conception, I need people to take something. People who can take folic acid, great. People who need folate (minority) take folate. People who prefer to take folate just in case, and can afford it, also great. But everyone needs to be taking one or the other.

The plans that say "custom" or "personalized" all come with a custom/personalized plan. Then they vary by the amount of extra stuff that you want with it...the diet plan, the OPK/timing books, Dream Membership, etc. Just get whichever one seems to meet your needs better as long as it says Custom or Personalized on it, it will come with the personalized plan.

11. Thanks dreamofdaughter thanked for this post
    Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks atomic! I think I was confused about coffee because the link you sent me re: swaying under special circumstances - blood sugar issues says: " Avoid white flour, sugar, simple carbohydrates, caffeine, tobacco, and alcohol. Rather than eating the foods listed in the suggested girl diet, instead choose lean protein sources such as chicken, nuts, eggs (it's still a good idea to avoid red meat), whole grains, and vegetables. Eat some protein and some carbs at every meal, but aim for smaller servings, 3 oz. of meat (the size of a deck of cards) will have plenty of protein in it. Avoid sodium and limit fat whenever you can, as long as your body tolerates it." So I wasn't sure about coffee. I will stick to my half caff in the morning and then just decaf after that. I can't drink a lot of caffeinated coffee as it makes me really jittery and stressed out.

Thanks for the note about folic acid. I looked at my bottle and it IS folate but it also contains B6 and B12. Ugh. Should I get just folate alone? B vitamins sway boy, correct?

Lastly, I am curious about the rates of twins for older women swaying pink? My ND scared me a bit and said my chance of twins is higher because I am over 40. But I would think pink swayers would not be more likely since we are trying to decrease fertility somewhat. Do you have somewhere of stats where pink swayers naturally conceived twins?

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yes, that's straight advice for severe PCOS. I should probably go back and clarify that. On LE Diet (the PCOS type) we have removed enough of the bad carbs already so you can continue with coffee and the recommended amount of fat in the alt. diet (50-60 g) Sorry about that, those essays get written in stages.

Decaf probably works just as well for swaying anyway.

If you can find one that is just folate, that would be better. It's not only that the B6 and b12 may sway blue, it's that B6 can really mess up the menstrual cycle sometimes and end up delaying ovulation so I prefer people stay away from anything more than 100% (and those B complexes almost always have more than 100%)

You do have a higher risk of twinning over 40. For reasons we don't understand even without Clomid/Femara, our pink swayers do have a slightly higher rate of twins. We don't know if it's due to something we do for swaying or (more likely) if there is something inherent in women who have had mostly boys that makes them more likely to conceive twins. But most babies we get on this site are still singletons!

14. Thanks dreamofdaughter thanked for this post
    Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you atomic. I just ordered the TTC girl bundle with meal plan but I had to use my DH CC info as he gets a better exchange rate.

Also, I had my day 3 FSH tested and it is 8. I have not met back up with Dr to see what that means...

Looking forward to the meal plan! I think it will help me because I am struggling with what to eat.

16. Thanks atomic sagebrush thanked for this post
    Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I have started craving coffee beans the last few days. Really randomly too, not necessarily if I am hungry. I suspect this is low iron. Do you think I should take an iron supplement or does it sway? I have cut out all red meat since November and I typically run a bit low on iron. I am trying to go vegetarian (but eat one egg 3-4 times a week) because I was having trouble not going over the protein amounts even if I stayed in limits of calories. Thank you!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast