Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

First and only child for me, swaying for pink

Hi everyone! I'm new to this forum and geesh, here's so much information - I'm overwhelmed!

My husband has two boys from his previous marriage and after a very long, almost marriage-ending talk we agreed to have one child together. It would be my first and only and most definitely last for my husband. I really would like to have a girl because I lived with my mother and I would like to have the same type of relationship with my daughter. For years I thought that I don't want kids at all because I was so afraid I would end up having a boy. I don't have a clue how to raise or be with boys. Of course, after living with my husband's two sons I realized that a boy would be ok too. My subconscious has been working very hard so I wouldn't be so disappointed with a boy - I'm constantly dreaming about having a boy and always the boy is the most beautiful thing in the world to me. But I still prefer a baby girl.

First we had to find out if my 40 years old husband could have kids. He has a organ transplant (happened after having two boys) so he has to eat a lot of medications to keep that organ going. The doctor told him that it is risky to get pregnant because his medications have a slight impact on quality of the sperm (they have greater impact on eggs so luckily I'm not the one who has to eat them) which may cause at worse case scenario a miscarriage or severe malformations so we have to monitor the pregnancy more closely. At first we were so afraid that we almost dropped the whole idea of having a baby at all. But the doctor said that there are other couples who were in the same situation and have had healthy kids. He said that fear shouldn't stop us if we really want this.

So my husband is quite "old" already and doesn't have top quality sperm. In addition, I'm 32 years old and have a autoimmune disease which makes it more difficult for me to get pregnant and increases the chance of miscarriage. I have been going trough these things for a while now and occasionally it has been overwhelming. Just too much sometimes. I'm just going this loop in my head "Oh, please, let me get pregnant. Please, don't let me miscarriage. Please, let the baby be healthy. Please, don't let my husband change his mind again. Please, is it too much to ask if the baby would be a girl as well..?".

This is the first time I ever said these things "out loud". It feels so good to get these things out of my chest!

So after all this we agreed to start trying in April-May. Yey! It's been a looooong time. Not so many months anymore! My husband doesn't believe in swaying and doesn't care which one we get so I have kept this for myself. I have already started taking multivitamin which have highly absorbable folic acid because I read it has great affects on a fetus. I googled and researched how to sway for a girl and I was already settled with Shettles method and measuring my pH because my cycle is very regular and I know when I ovulate but after reading this forum I'm not sure what to do anymore. We have so many things affecting everything (my husband's age, quality and maybe quantitative of the sperm, higher possibilities for the miscarriage) that I just have to start the research all over again! I'm thrilled how thorough everything has been explained here. I just need a dictionary to help me understand everything.

Every advice is very welcomed! I'm ready for everything!

Edit. This is the vitamin I've been taking: https://fi.iherb.com/pr/Life-Extensi...Capsules/78363
    Not sure if to take these because of the vitamin D.
    Last edited by Tipi; January 22nd, 2018 at 08:14 AM.

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Wishing you all the very best with getting your girl tipi! The information here is so so valuable, hope it really helps

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Thanks Tipi thanked for this post
    Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Good luck, I really hope you get your little girl but at the least a healthy baby. If you read up on the info on this site both ph and shettles have proven to not be very effective. I am sure atomic will elaborate on this. The most effective for getting girls has been 12 or more weeks on the LE (low everything)diet + 60 mins cardio 6-7 times a week + coffee and alcohol have also been helpful.

5. Thanks Tipi thanked for this post
    Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    A healthy baby is my top priority! I know I would be disappointed with a boy but I'm sure I would get over it.

I've been looking about LE diet. I'm normal/thin so I don't have much to lose but I'm definitely trying that! Maybe a shorter time then 12 weeks. Unfortunately (or not ), I don't drink coffee and alcohol maybe a glass of wine twice a month. But for the sake of the baby I could add few glasses more. Lol. I do yoga and dance every week but I should take longer walks.
    Last edited by Tipi; January 22nd, 2018 at 06:11 AM.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    You don't have to lose weight to do LE Diet. In fact the weight loss has really not even been that predictive of whose sways work and whose don't.

Can you bump this for me? It's long and I have had a really long day and want to give you my best efforts here. Thanks and welcome!
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi atomic! I'm happy I found this forum! And I' happy to hear any advises you may have for me!
    The autoimmune disease which I have is hypothyroidism. I have it under control with my medication and I read that it doesn't sway anyway. I'm just worried if it makes getting or staying pregnant difficult.

I posted my sway plan here: http://genderdreaming.com/forum/tryi...dh-40-dtd.html
    I'm happy to hear opinions on that too if you got the time.