Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Attempting Girl Sway 2018

Hi all, I was here back in 2014 and I managed to have a little girl which I loosely swayed for. Unfortunately I cannot remember what I did and didn't do as it was such a busy time (I was working 2 jobs and I'm also a shift worker)
    Anyhow I am back again to try and sway properly again for another DD! I started in Nov with diet although I was rubbish over Christmas. I'm mostly veggie, drink coffee with Almond milk and sweetener, I can't skip breakfast completely as my weight loss stopped (I guess because I wasn't kick starting my metabolism) so I just delay it and have some fruit. I don't snack and I try to keep within limits although I'm a bit rubbish with MFP app. I'm eating lots of salads and falafel and limiting my dairy.
    We have had an attempt this month but I am now anxious as it wasn't quite right and we ended up having 2 attempts in a row which was not intentional. Plus I also had loads of EWCM which I'm not sure I've had before so again making me a bit nervous. I did jump
    And dump immediately though. I have lost 2kg but again my weight has now gone static and I'm heavier than I was when I conceived with my daughter previously. Is this a problem? I am 8kg heavier.
    Anyway be nice to meeting other ladies and picking up any new tips I may have missed! Xx

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Fine to just delay breakfast a bit. Totally ok! Both 2 and 3 meals are equally acceptible, you're just trying to push back that first meal by a smidge.

The weight loss/gain has not been super predictive of who gets boys and who gets girls. Diet overall has been much more predictive and you're doing that!! We have seen many people get a second girl or even a 3rd or 4th at a higher weight.

Let me know how I can help!
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

3. Likes Girl Dreaming 55 liked this post
    Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you so much for your reply atomic! I guess I'm just a bit worried about my two attempts. I have linked my ff chart and would be interested to see what you think with regards to my ovulation. Also I seemed to have a lot of EWCM this month which is unusual for me again making me a bit anxious. What can I take if I can have another attempt next month to dry this up a tad?
    Thanks for your help x
    https://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/507858

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    That wasn't two attempts, it was just one. The two attempts look like they fell after ovulation to me. Besides, 2 attempts has really not been that much worse than just one.

you can take an antihistamine like cetirizine 6 hours before or diphenhydramine 1-2 hours before, but it really hasn't seemed to add anything in our results and may cut odds of conception. Your call to make!

6. Thanks Girl Dreaming 55 thanked for this post
    Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you Atomic! I am a bit confused (it doesn't take much) ha ha. FF puts my ovulation at day 17 and my peak OPK was Day 18 so we dtd that day and again the next day accidentally. How is that not 2 attempts? Am I doing it wrong ha ha? Or do you think I ovulated on day 17 like FF said? So the attempt would have been the 4 days prior. Do attempts after ovulation work for pink? Sorry I must sound so silly but I want to make sure I am doing it correctly as the one attempt seems to have gotten really great results for pink, hasnt it? Unfortunately my temps are a bit spikey as I am a shift worker and have a 3 year old so they aren't always as accurate as I would like them to be I think. Thanks again for replying to me!

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I think you missed your first peak on the OPK (not sure if you didn't test that day, or if your urine was too dilute) and I agree with FF on the most likely day of ovulation. Even if you Oed the next day, that's still one attempt. You would have had to O 2 full days later than when FF gave you crosshairs for that to be two attempts.

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you for your reply Atomic. I guess it doesn't really matter now as its done anyway! But for future when should I start testing with the OPK's? You are correct I only did the 1 test and got a static smilie face so didn't know if it was the first day.
    I had a big dip on Saturday so maybe implantation? My temp went back up Sunday and I had some spotting but has dipped a little bit again today (not below coverline but still a bit lower). Also I still have some spotting started again this morning. Rusty red/brown. A bit of backache (but I suffer with back pain anyway) I wonder if I am out now? I will maybe test tomorrow morning perhaps?

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Start testing with OPK before you could possibly be ovulating (depending on their cost, of course) That way you'll be able to see it going from negative to positive.

The temp dip which is often called "implantation dip" is actually a surge of estrogen that occurs at 7ish DPO or so and can happen with or without conception. It may mean your body is extra hormonal and it's associated with a cycle that is more likely to end with conception but just that it is not caused by implantation, that's been debunked. The spotting may mean implantation or it may just be from the cervix (the estrogen surge can cause a little spotting from the cervix as well).

I would not have you test yet. Way too early to get a consistent positive and you may just end up causing yourself stress if it's negative, since you may not be out yet and you'd later get a positive test.

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you for your reply atomic! Would you recommend to test opk in the morning to then get a trend?

With regards to testing for pregnancy when do you think is a good time to test for this cycle?
    Thanks again for all your help and advice x
    Gorgeous DD 2015
    Swaying for GIRL again 2018

Link for my chart https://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/507858

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Most OPK will give best results when you test after lunch. This is when the hormone in your urine peaks.

I prefer you guys wait till you will get a for sure positive result. So 12-14 DPO. I believe testing too early causes people nothing but heartache, both from false negatives that will later turn positive, and also from chemicals which happen to all of us over the course of our lives and the vast majority of the time don't mean anything negative for your fertility, but people tend to panic and obsess over them.

13. Thanks Girl Dreaming 55 thanked for this post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast