Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hoping for a girl at 40

Hi! I have found myself here after an unplanned pregnancy and loss (at 9 wks).
    I have 3 perfect boys (12, 9 and 6) and while I always hoped for a girl I did think after #3 we were done. In late November I discovered that I was pregnant (we were NOT TTC) and TBH I was devastated. At 40 (and a half) years old I had settled on our family just as it was. The pregnancy ended at the end of December and as a result of a lot of soul searching and late night talks with DH we have decided to go ahead and try for a 4th baby.
    Time is clearly not on our side (he will be 42 soon, I will be 41 in April) but I figure if we are going to try why not do what we can for a girl.

I just started my first PPAF and have read up on the LE diet but am confused. When do we "attempt"? I bought OPK strips and was thinking abstaining until I get a positive on the OPK strip then attempt once and wait and see. Is that correct?

Also, since I don't have a lot of time any tips for the LE diet? I realize more success occurs the longer one is on it but I don't want to wait months to TTC.

Thanks so much.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I would be on diet at least 6 weeks before trying. I can't recommend trying any sooner than that but of course ya gotta do what you feel is best and you never know, you may not get pregnant the first month out anyway.

no abstain for couples over 35. Have him either release once a day, or have him release regularly every 2-4 days, or just let him "do what he does" and then have that one attempt at positive OPK for at least the first couple months.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Welcome Dreamnewbie. I recommend buying a custom plan and following it for at least six weeks if you can. I'm sorry for your loss. Having a recent loss myself /being 39 years old I understand that the pressure emotionally can be high to try to be pregnant as soon as possible. Unless your doctor is worried about your fertility it might bring you more peace of mind later if you have a chance to do at least a few weeks of swaying before your attempt. That is, if trying for your desired gender feels quite important to you. Did you read the article in the Atlantic in 2013 about pregnancy at older ages? I think it is called how long can you wait to have a baby? The statistics in that ease my mind a bit. Regardless of what you choose, good luck! (Also, adding daily exercise to your sway might help with trying to conceive a girl and for me it has helped me get to closer to a healthier weight for pregnancy.)

4. Thanks atomic sagebrush thanked for this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    It's a great article! Highly recommend!! https://www.theatlantic.com/magazine...a-baby/309374/
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you for taking the time to reply. This article does bring me comfort.

7. Likes atomic sagebrush, gafan liked this post