Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Having trouble conceiving, swaying blue

Hello. I'm so happy I found this site.

I'm 30 years old, type 1 insulin dependent diabetic. I actually do not have trouble with insulin resistance or high blood sugar... rather, it has oftentimes gone low and I was underweight for a little while. I have since gained three pounds, and I'm following the HE diet i have read about here in hopes of a boy. I am also taking a prenatal and extra folate and vit D.

DH and I have been ttc since October. We're on cycle #6. He's also 30 years old. We're not sure what the problem is. I was taking vitex twice a day but I think I'll stop this cycle because im afraid of messing with my ovulation. I have a lot of trouble determining ovulation signs, and this cycle I'm ordering a basal thermometer and opk's.

My cycles are 31 - 35 days. My last cycle started February 17th and ended yesterday so I am gearing up for March. I'm going to start testing for ovulation on March 3rd just as a starting base even though im almost positive I don't ovulate on day 14 due to my slightly longer cycles.

Anyway, I am so happy to be here. Please toss a little baby dust my way. I am so ready for this baby.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Welcome! I swayed and had my son when I was around 30 after a year and a half of trying. It's so frustrating, I hear ya! I know Atomic or someone with more knowledge will chime in, but I would agree with stopping the Vitex. I think it sways pink and, it can take healthy couples up to a year to conceive, so it could just be messing you up when there's nothing else wrong. I like that you'e getting the thermometer and the OPKs, that will be super helpful with timing and knowing what's going on!

Good luck and sending all sorts of blue dust! You've come to a really great place for support and help!
    DS1 5/2016
    Baby #2 due May 2018