Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks Atomic. Sorry for the delay in responding. So if I cut back on meat in my diet and go more vegetarian that would help. I take it some chicken/fish is ok..I have been trying to cut back on potatoes! Just to clarify - a veggie diet helps to sway girl? I had thought that women who ate a nutrient deficient diet and drank diet drinks etc were more likely to sway girl..just a bit confused!!

I haven't really been exercising much but plan on daily brisk walks of 40-60m - is that enough? would yoga/pilates all be ok too?

I got folate tablets - (as metafolin 1000 ug) - should I take 1 or 2 of these?

I have ph strips - is there any point in using these? I noticed my urine went from 5.5/5.75 up to 7 ish when I had a few days of eating out - would eating unhealthily affect it that much?

How much alcohol do you recommend? would wine be better than beer or spirits?

ps you had responded to an older post (ttg girl x) I had made so no need to reply to that again too.

Thanks again!

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hey, you never need to apologize to me for not replying, it's my job to answer you, not the other way round.

I answered this some in the other thread you asked, but we don't really eat a "nutrient deficient" diet. We simply eat the lowest normal healthy pre-pregnancy diet as approved by the World Health Organization for women of childbearing age. 40-50 g protein, 1500-1800 cals a day, 30-60 g fat (and you would up that to 1800-2000, 50-60 g protein and fat if you're still breastfeeding.) WE don't want to starve ourselves, just boost our chances of having a girl and we get very good results this way. So this is not a diet where we are deprived and eating very restrictively. People who are starving and miserable are doing the diet wrong. Vegetarian diets and eating more vegetable-based fats and proteins have been shown in studies to sway pink so that's what we emulate with the diet. I have more explanation of this in your other thread.

Any foods are allowed within limits. There is NO need to limit potatoes and in this thread I have a very long explanation of why that is. My daughter is like 30% potato. http://genderdreaming.com/forum/ttc-...s-edition.html

I'd err on the side of 60 min. vs. 40. Yoga and Pilates are too muscle-toning to work for pink sways and should be avoided if possible.

Yes take 2 of the folates starting now and going all thru the first tri of pregnancy, at which point you should wean off to the amount in a prenatal.

We have seen so many pH opposites that we no longer bother to test. It doesn't seem to tell us anything reliable, and additionally you are testing incorrectly. Urine pH tells you NOTHING. It is only supposed to be EWCM around ovulation and even that has not worked (trust me, after getting a boy with perfect "girl" pH and seeing the same thing happen to tons of others, it is impossible for me to believe in pH testing any more!). So I would not bother with it.

The pH of your urine depends on what you've eaten/drunk so yes it's possible that eating certain foods makes your pH rise like that. Has nothing to do with your sway, tho!!

1 drink a day. Whatever alcohol you like best, they all seem to work.

I did post some more info in the other thread.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

3. Likes pinkinthestars liked this post
    Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks atomic for your replies to both threads! I usually would try and eat whole grain bread (and sometimes pasta). Am I right in thinking that processed white bread etc is better on the Le diet?

I'm actually finding it harder than I thought to cut out porridge (which I feed my son for breakfast and so eat at the same as him!) and would usually have had at around 10am with my last meal being around 7pm the night before. So toast and maybe yogurt and fruit or an egg is better? I'm a big breakfast person ;-) I have one coffee in the morning. Should I try and drink tea during the day too?
    I've been cutting back on meat where I can. I would normally eat more red meat and fish than chicken but am trying to just have fish or chicken if I need it.. Is that OK? Any other suggestions for my diet?
    I am taking one folate in the morning and one later I'm the day and no other supplements. Thanks :-)

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    White vs. whole grains is a big gray area for swaying. We started off thinking that white bread was better but over time we've come to realize for a variety of reasons that whole grain bread may be just as good or even better. Anyone who thinks they could have any tendencies towards PCOS or insulin resistance (you have trouble shifting weight or gain easily if you eat much sugar) then please do the whole grains. Anyone who finds weight is flying off them, use the more refined white products instead as they help keep weight on.

I seriously doubt anyone's sway ever came down to porridge. We cut it out since it's not necessary to survival LOL but if you really can't give it up, I doubt it does much. People who really rely on avenocasides to raise testosterone are taking them in supplement form, much more concentrated than even a daily bowl. But yes all those things you list are all fine for a first meal.

We find tea to potentially sway blue and I generally have pink swayers avoid it.

No more than 2 servings of fish per week due to mercury risks. I prefer you guys try to stick in limits but if you prefer to just cut back some, chicken is probably better than red meat.

Just remember that low carb veg are free and unlimited, you can have as much as you want, no need to count! And for fruit and high carb veg, count only the cals, not protein/fat. People sometimes try to cut out all fruits and veg but not only is that not necessary, you can actually have quite a lot of them.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12