Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

New here... TTC Blue after 2 sweet girls :-)

Hi There,

I am new to the forum and have been reading non-stop, so thank you for all the hard work that has gone into creating such a resource. With that said, I have a question regarding vitamins and was wondering if anyone could help me make sure the vitamins myself and DH are taking are ok and not considered "mega dose" vitamins!?

DH: https://www.amazon.com/New-Chapter-M...ivitamins&th=1

Me: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...0?ie=UTF8&th=1

Fish oil for both of us: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...=ATVPDKIKX0DER

Thank you in advance!

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi again! Sorry this one sneaked past me!

The problem with the New Chapter vitamins is that in addition to the megadoses, we have to contend with all the other stuff they put into them. All the herbs and vegetable blends. I just can't know how all those thing sway and/or affect fertility and even though there's probably very little actual ingredients in the tiny pill (because really, how much could they even FIT in there LOL) I do prefer you guys find something that doesn't have all the extra stuff crammed into the vitamin.

Same with the fish oil. Not only is it a sky high dose (we are finding very high fish oil intake may be dangerous and even may sway pink by lowering cholesterol levels abnormally, so I prefer everyone stick with the 500 mg...used to be 1000 but even that seemed to be too high) but it has oregano and rosemary extracts in there. I just haven't seen enough people taking these things to judge if they are safe and good for your sway and so I feel better having you guys skip the extra ingredients.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you Atomic!

So, do you recommend we take general vitamins (women's one-a-day/ men's one-a-day) and fish oil until our BFP...or perhaps through the 2WW? After that, can I switch back to these prenatals?

thank you for your help!

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yes I do recommend that you take the One A Day. I don't ever recommend any prenatals with megadoses of nutrients in them and herbal components during pregnancy or at any time but if you do want to use them, please switch over gradually from the One a Day's to the New Chapter

I really urge you not to take those fish oils when pregnant. The dose is SO high. We have seen a lot of issues when people take that high a dose of any blood thinning agent (fish oil really can thin the blood by a lot) during pregnancy causing subchorionic hemmorhages (bleeding under the placenta) and I think you're best off with 250-500 mg max during pregnancy. Or even outside of pregnancy too, because most women in childbearing age will develop bleeding, bruising, and heavy periods on blood thinners, and potentially even fatal side effects like bleeding in the stomach or brain.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you Atomic! We will stick with the one-a-day vitamins and folic acid for me and skip the fish oil. I appreciate your help!!

6. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post