Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Pregnancy Symptoms and Gender

I know each pregnancy is different but to pass time until I find out what Gender this little bean is it is interesting to compare with others. With my first (a girl) I was nauseous 24/7 until like 16 weeks. I carried high. With my second (a boy) I was on and off nauseous but would eat to feel better during the first trimester. I had extremely itchy skin to the point of leaving marks from itching. I was told boys make you itchier which I guess held true for me. I am only 6 weeks pregnant with baby #3 but so far this pregnancy is more like my sons than my daughters in terms of morning sickness. It definitely comes and goes. The difference from this one to the others is that I am extremely tired and have been getting headaches on and off. I’m hoping for a girl so I’m hoping the similarities I feel that I had with my son aren’t necessarily a hint at the gender. What were your experiences those who have had multiple children? I also got a very quick and dark bfp with this baby 3 days before my missed period. With my daughter I got an early positive but with my son it was negative early then super light positive. Thanks for any replies
    Baby Girl December 2013
    Baby Boy June 2016
    Baby #3 Due November 2018

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    1st boy crazy sickness, admitted into hosp
    2nd boy very little sickness,
    3rd boy crazy suckness but managed to cope without going hosp

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Symptoms don't predict gender. The Y chromosome isn't even activated until 10 weeks so basically boys and girls are still the same up until that point. Even then symptoms can't tell you gender. I've had 3 boys, all different pregnancies but my third was the most different. I had awful skin with him, sweets cravings, carried diffently, no morning sickness like I did with my others, etc but still had another boy.
    Congrats on your pregnancy!
    '12
    '14
    '15 '15 '16
    🌈 '17 (LE sway opposite)

Dreaming of pink through HT or adoption
    FET January 2021: 1 HBAA XX - BFN
    FET #2 August 2022: 1 HBAA XX - BFP!

4. Thanks atomic sagebrush thanked for this post
    Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    If only it were that simple right. Thanks for your reply!
    Baby Girl December 2013
    Baby Boy June 2016

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by ksmom View Post
    Symptoms don't predict gender. The Y chromosome isn't even activated until 10 weeks so basically boys and girls are still the same up until that point. Even then symptoms can't tell you gender. I've had 3 boys, all different pregnancies but my third was the most different. I had awful skin with him, sweets cravings, carried diffently, no morning sickness like I did with my others, etc but still had another boy.
    Congrats on your pregnancy!
    1 zillion percent! Symptoms do not predict gender in any reliable way and by the time the Y chromosome has even kicked in, we're out of the symptom-y stage anyway. Baby boys make far more hormones late in pregnancy than early, but early pregnancy is when we experience the symptoms!

To answer your question, my two most similar pregnancies were my daughter and my second son. Two very easy pregnancies with very little morning sickness. My other three pregnancies (all boys) were completely different from each other and from the 2 similar ones. I just can't put any stock in this idea on any basis!
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

7. Likes kimberly687 liked this post
    Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    My first two pregnancies were very similar- severe morning sickness and the same exact cravings and aversions. Both were boys. This time around I had mild morning sickness and had aversions to the stuff I craved with my boys! It has been such a different pregnancy from my first two. And it’s another boy! Even my husband was shocked, he thought it was a girl because of how different I have felt. I have absolutely no faith in symptoms after this time around!

10/13 2/16 and another due 8/18
    due August 2021!

9. Thanks atomic sagebrush thanked for this post
    Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    That’s crazy and makes for quite the surprise! Congrats on your new little boy!
    Baby Girl December 2013
    Baby Boy June 2016