Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Age gap same or different gender evidence

Hello I currently have two gorgeous boys and my DS1 is 2 months old. We want to try once more for my much wanted girl. I'm exclusively breastfeeding and have one round of clomid available for when we do actively try. I wanted to ask if there is any evidence to support having a child within a year post partim sways girl or not much difference. If in fact it does sway considerably then we would try then but if not we would wait a bit longer. Just interested to hear stories or evidence on This topic ? Many thanks ladies

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Never heard of that but would be interesting to hear views/stories

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Having closely spaced children does seem to sway pink a bit BUT it isn't a guarantee. I know plenty of women with children close in age that are all boys. You should try for another baby when you're ready, not because having another baby so soon after may up your odds of pink a little. My oldest two boys are 21 months apart and it was hard for awhile, especially when I was pregnant with DS2 I struggled to take care of DS1 because I had such bad morning sickness and migraines. Even after he was born it was difficult because I essentially had two babies. The 3 year gap between DS2 and DS3 has been much better because now my older two are more independent and are able to help. It is just something to consider because while, yes, you could get a girl, you could also have a third boy so you should be prepared for that. Do what feels right for you and your family.
    '12
    '14
    '15 '15 '16
    🌈 '17 (LE sway opposite)

Dreaming of pink through HT or adoption
    FET January 2021: 1 HBAA XX - BFN
    FET #2 August 2022: 1 HBAA XX - BFP!

4. Thanks atomic sagebrush thanked for this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I believe with every fiber of my being that close child spacing sways pink. STRONGLY. The reason I believe this, is because in swaying, the things that your body does, that naturally suppress your ovulation and ability to get pregnant (your body's natural birth control mechanisms) all seem to sway pink. Things like losing weight, eating less fat, exercising too much - all these things trigger the body's natural birth control and they all sway pink. Since your body "doesn't want to" get pregnant quickly upon having a baby, it uses natural methods to suppress ovulation and make it harder for sperm to meet egg and this likely sways pink. Declined condition and lower fertility sway pink, and after you have a baby, you are both in declined condition and lower in fertility.

The problem is you cannot always tell, by looking at people IRL, that this is a thing. Here is why. It is because the people in the lowest condition and with the lowest fertility, do not get pregnant. The people who have the best condition and highest fertility are both more likely to get pregnant and also more likely to have boys. So the group of people who are easily able to conceive shortly after having a baby, are also the ones the most likely to have boys due to condition and fertility. The people who are the most likely to have girls due to condition and fertility, can't even get pregnant at all. This skews the observable results and makes it look more like 50-50 when really it is a strong pink sway.

Imagine the numbers like this...let's say for the sake of argument that women who are able to get their periods back and get pregnant within 6 months of having a baby are 80% likely to have boys overall because they are in good condition and very fertile. But with close child spacing, they end up only 50% likely to have boys. This is a HUGE pink sway, going from 80% likely to have a boy, to 50% likely to have a boy...but people would not be able to tell based on observing, that anything is happening at all. And if the people who are 80% likely to have girls due to declined condition and/or fertility can't get pregnant till 12-18 months or even longer postpartum (by which case their condition would have improved as would their fertility) then that's a huge number of potential girl conceptions removed from the pool of people we are looking at. It's just not something that is possible to see by looking at people and hearing their stories - or even doing studies on it, really.

Now all this having been said I am not trying to pressure you to try before you're ready. none of these things are 100% and i think it's best for everyone to do what will work best for their family as a whole. You can always get a boy even with close spacing, and so I would not push yourself to try before you're ready because then you could possibly end up with closer spacing and additionally a boy anyway.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Parying4agirl View Post
    Never heard of that but would be interesting to hear views/stories
    Just to share my personal story for whatever it's worth I have two with closeish age gaps. between my 3rd and 4th, they are about 21 months apart. I got pregnant with my 4th catching the first egg while breastfeeding (well, second, after my first period at about 7 months postpartum my cycle stopped for several months and I got the egg before even getting another period) so pretty easily. So my cycle resumed fairly quickly, and I got pregnant easily. Then, with my 5th, my period did not come back till 18 months postpartum, and it took us 6 months to get pregnant. This is the longest by far it ever took my cycle to come back and also the longest it's ever taken me to get pregnant. And I got a girl. So you have to consider the reasons why it took my cycle so much longer to come back, and why it took me longer to get pregnant (declined condition and fertility) and can't just see that based on the number of months between babies.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    My closest age gap was 16 months and I had 2 boys. One of my biggest age gaps was 3 and a half years and I had a boy first then a girl. I think, like atomic said, if you can get pregnant so quickly post partum then you are more set for blue to begin but it would still help your pink sway. But like others have also said it doesn't guarantee you a girl and so ttc when is right for you and your family. Good luck.
    2005 2008 2012 2014 2016 (sway opposite)
    Am currently with (sway opposites)

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    My boys are 22 months apart from each other. But i was young and very fertile at that time too...

DS1 2010
    DS2 2012
    DS3 January 2020 - endometriosis - DH low motility

Due Date 23.08.2021

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    My sis had a girl and then boy
    They are 16 months apart

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    When you conceived your girl were you still exclusively breastfeeding? How many times a day? There is a 26 month age gap between DS1 and DS2 , and I got my period back about 2 months after breastfeeding him and then once off the Implant I got pregnant first try so maybe I am super fertile? I will see how it plans out maybe and doing diet, BF, excersie and McKinnon to reduce fertility and just hope that it does reduce it but I guess I will never know if I am in good condition or not

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I didn't bf for long after DD1 and hence got my first pp af only 9 weeks after her birth. We then started ttc about 7 months pp and conceived DD2 4 months later. I put on a lot of weigh during my first pregnancy so was dieting and exercising 2-3x a week while ttc. Makes me think there is a sweet spot between those who may naturally be very fertile (and sway blue) and those who are in declining condition pp (sway pink).
    DD1 (2014)
    DD2 (2016)
    Our sway is getting into NOW or NEVER territory

12. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast