Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

New here - considering IVF for a girl for next pregnancy

I am currently 13 weeks pregnant and just found out via the NIPT test I am expecting my 2nd boy. My first son is amazing and I adore him, and I know I will adore this little boy too but finding out this baby is a boy was heart breaking to me since I REALLY felt it was a girl (100% different pregnancy than my first) I am terrified after the devastation I felt in what should have been a happy moment knowing my baby is healthy, and I am terrified of feeling that way again. I also know I will enjoy this pregnancy more and feel less guilt, if I know there is a better chance of having a girl in the future. I am tired of being judged for my gender disappointment, and my consideration of trying something such as IVF for my chance to have a girl.

My husband was originally very set on only having 2 children, but now the idea of a girl, or even twin girls, has him thinking otherwise. Obviously we have to wait and see what this child brings to our family, and make a decision from there, but in the mean time I have started research regarding IVF. I am currently 30 and will be 31 when this baby is born. Its likely we wouldnt start IVF until I was 32-33 years old, but I dont want to wait too long since egg quality and chances of success go down as you age! We considered natural swaying methods, but again due to age, as well as the likelihood of having a 3rd boy after already having 2 we don't necessarily want to keep waiting. Obviously if I was lucky enough to conceive a girl naturally it would save us a lot of time and money, but since the closest thing to a "sure thing" as far is gender is IVF, its likely we will opt to go this route, of course provided I have good pretesting etc which I know isn't always the case!

I am currently living in Europe where the process is illegal but I will be moving to the Houston area right before this baby is born, and luckily Houston seems to have several reputable clinics in the area that offer gender selection!!

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Good luck and welcome to the site! Our HT ladies are so helpful and full of information!!!
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ