Thread: TTC # 4

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Love TTC # 4

Hello Mamas! I am 39 and my husband is 38. We are planning to start TTC # 4 VERY soon. As we are both older, we do not want to delay our TTC attempts for a long time. However, we are hoping to sway pink. We have a 6 year old daughter, a 4 year old son, and an 18 month old son. My poor daughter is surrounded by boys (she has 6 cousins, all male) and is desperate to have another girl in her life!! I have thoroughly read through the forums and I know our best attempt is to try one attempt 2-4 days before O. Is there anything else you ladies would recommend that we could implement in a short time frame that might help to sway pink? Thanks so much for any and all help!!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi and welcome!

Timing doesn't sway, it's the one attempt that does. Trying to time BD with certain days before O is likely to be a pain anyway. We've found it's better to just have an attempt at pos OPK or BD every 4 days if you don't want to use opks. Good luck!
    '12
    '14
    '15 '15 '16
    🌈 '17 (LE sway opposite)

Dreaming of pink through HT or adoption
    FET January 2021: 1 HBAA XX - BFN
    FET #2 August 2022: 1 HBAA XX - BFP!

3. Thanks Snowybabies thanked for this post
    Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi! Thank you for replying!! Another other recommendations you would make that might help swaying pink in the next couple of weeks??

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I just want to reiterate what ks said - 4 days before ovulation has roughly ZERO chance of conception (like one in 1000) and even 3 days before O is pretty slim. I urge you to stick with 2 days before O at the latest.

If you wanted to try something last minute you could do a jump and dump after intercourse (just get up right away, or after 5 minutes, and go to the bathroom, wiping away any extra semen) but this really does cut odds of conception and I'd for sure not do that with 3-4 day cutoff. You could also have DH take a hot bath before BD, again, this cuts odds of conception considerably and while J and D has seemed to add a little something in our results, hot bath is not proven and I'd be very selective in the number of things you try, esp. with a longer cutoff.

One final possibility is to add a "hurry up FR" to your attempt. On the day of attempt, have DH release once, dump that, then BD again as quickly as you're able to using only the second batch for conception. This should ideally be within 1 hour, 3 is ok, and up to 6 if it takes that long but it may not be effective any more by that point (so don't TRY for 6!) Even if you get past 6 hours before he's ready to go again, do still try, you're no worse off than you would have been otherwise!
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

6. Thanks Snowybabies thanked for this post
    Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by atomic sagebrush View Post
    I just want to reiterate what ks said - 4 days before ovulation has roughly ZERO chance of conception (like one in 1000) and even 3 days before O is pretty slim. I urge you to stick with 2 days before O at the latest.

If you wanted to try something last minute you could do a jump and dump after intercourse (just get up right away, or after 5 minutes, and go to the bathroom, wiping away any extra semen) but this really does cut odds of conception and I'd for sure not do that with 3-4 day cutoff. You could also have DH take a hot bath before BD, again, this cuts odds of conception considerably and while J and D has seemed to add a little something in our results, hot bath is not proven and I'd be very selective in the number of things you try, esp. with a longer cutoff.

One final possibility is to add a "hurry up FR" to your attempt. On the day of attempt, have DH release once, dump that, then BD again as quickly as you're able to using only the second batch for conception. This should ideally be within 1 hour, 3 is ok, and up to 6 if it takes that long but it may not be effective any more by that point (so don't TRY for 6!) Even if you get past 6 hours before he's ready to go again, do still try, you're no worse off than you would have been otherwise!
    Does the "Hurry Up FR" sway pink, or is that to increase chances of conception? And, should it be after an abstain?

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by JJ66 View Post
    Does the "Hurry Up FR" sway pink, or is that to increase chances of conception? And, should it be after an abstain?
    I don't recommend it for anyone doing a normal sway because it cuts odds of conception considerably (and probably does very little to sway, to be honest). This is ONLY for people who are swaying at the last minute and haven't done diet and exercise. Diet and exercise are by far and away more effective (and hurry up FR has never been proven to do anything) and I strongly recommend people do those things instead of hurry up FR. But for people who ahven't done diet and exercise and are not planning to, why not add it in?? Doesn't hurt, may help a smidge, and since their fertility will not be as declined by diet/exercise to start with, hurry up FR is ~probably~ less likely to have as negative an effect on conception as it would for someone who was on diet and exercise.

JJ, additionally for you there is another wrinkle in that you are in the month off Clomid and are possibly still reaping the benefits of its sway power. It makes no sense for you to add in hurry up FR, cutting odds of conception and likely doing little to nothing for swaying, while reducing your chances of getting pregnant in that month after having been on Clomid where you're going to be more pink friendly!! Don't cut your chances of conceiving in a month u may be pink friendly anyway, chasing a sway tactic that probably doesn't help much.

9. Thanks JJ66 thanked for this post
    Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    You read my mind! Okay, I'll save that tactic for another time (but obvs praying I won't need it!)

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you for the suggestions, atomic sagebrush, I appreciate your input. Honestly, I have done reading on the LE diet... it’s really confusing to me! I get the skip breakfast thing..but it feels like some of the other info is contradictory. Low protein, low carb, but then I see people talking about high carb meals. I’m just not really sure where to start with that. I am trying to step up my exercise plan, as well.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    It's not low carb. We have a variation of diet for PCOSers that is lower carb than the standard LE Diet but it is still not low carb. This sometimes causes some confusion for people who end up assuming this means the LE Diet is low carb, but no variation of LE Diet is or ever has been low carb. Animal studies have shown that carb intake as a higher % of your day's cal intake (vs. fat and protein) may help to sway pink.

But if it's just too confusing to figure out, you can always just go vegetarian. Some people have had good luck with that.

I'm happy to answer any questions you have on the LE Diet!