Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

New here and to gender swaying!

Hello!

I came across this website and found myself browsing it so often that I decided to join. My husband and I have our amazing little boy, Liam, who just turned 2. We're hoping to ttc for baby #2 later this year, possibly December. I have been so happy as the mom of my little boy - he has truly taught me how to be a momma bear! - but I would also love to have a little girl. From watching him play with other kids and neighbors, I feel like Liam would shine with a little sister. I'm new to the idea of gender swaying, but I appreciated how this site takes a logical approach, and most importantly, seemed to really emphasize the health of the moms. I've come across a few posts here that discouraged supplements recommended on other sites because of potentially negative health consequences. I wanted my body to be as healthy as it can be when preparing for a new little one! I'm eager to try gender swaying, but being an extensive planner, I'm trying to find a healthy, realistic balance without going overboard.

In a bit about myself: I've always been petite, with a BMI of about 18, try to eat healthy but usually eat low-calorie (a toddler does not give me a lot of time to prepare extensive meals and snacks), I used to do cardio and some yoga, but our schedule now doesn't allow much time for me to be away. Luckily, Liam loves to be outside, so we do extensive walks of a mile or more multiple times a day. I've been taking a prenatal but am switching to just a folate supplement. I also take salmon oil pills (though it seems these are a no-no for a pink sway) and use lavender and frankincense essential oils to help with anxiety issues. Looking forward to sharing this journey with those on the site!

-Being MommaBear

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Last edited by Mariola; August 23rd, 2018 at 01:44 AM.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi and welcome!!!

Two things I'd mention right off the bat - you CAN absolutely continue to eat healthfully and conceive a girl. Please have whole grains instead of sugar/white flour, and focus on fruits and veg and whole grains to be sure you're getting enough calories. Low carb vegetables are free and unlimited, have as much as you want. Fruits and higher carb veg like yams and potatoes, count only calories, they're free for fat and protein.

If you wish to continue with the salmon oil, I'd have you reduce the dose to 2-3 times per week instead. This will still register as "less" but you can continue with some of the goodness of it.

I have some pretty big concerns about essential oils. They have been proven to be hormone disruptors and I can't recommend using them while TTC or around your little boy or even your husband! More about that here: https://www.genderdreaming.com/forum...isruptors.html
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

4. Likes mama23 liked this post
    Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hello Atomic!

Thank you for the welcome and reply! I found your response very encouraging. In a previous Facebook forum that I was part of, they emphasized drinking diet Coke and crystal lite for girl sway. While I understood their reasoning, I shuddered at the idea of having to down a can of diet soda every day just to improve chances of having a girl (I really only drink water and milk/almond milk). Would you have recommendations for a lite breakfast? My usual go-to are the meal shakes (ones with whole foods, not synthetic supplements) or a scrambled egg, but I'm guessing these aren't good for a girl sway. Would something like a slice of toast and a glass of almond milk be good? I know a lot of women skip breakfast for a girl sway, but I need at least a little something to get me through the morning with an active toddler. And I greatly appreciate your feedback on the salmon oil! Thank you for providing that option.

I will definitely discontinue with the oils around my son and husband! It was a touch blend a friend gave me, saying it helped with her anxiety issues. I don't know exactly what's in the mix, but I definitely smell lavender.

I will probably have several more questions along the way, so I greatly appreciate all the info I've been able to find so far in the forum! Thank you so much! Looking forward to engaging in more conversation threads.

6. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    The diet drinks really don't work anyway and I've even wondered if they could be swaying blue, because I've seen some of the people drinking absolutely insane amounts of them getting boys. No one needs to drink artificial sweetener. The world was getting 50-50 boys and girls before artificial sugar was invented.

Almond milk we've found to sway pink and so that's a great option.

We have not found skipping breakfast to be super predictive of whose sways work and whose don't. if you can't skip breakfast, that's ok. We have sort of toyed with the idea that for breakfast (ONLY breakfast) it might be worth it to try to do either pure carbs or pure protein, not both. But we have no evidence that's even a thing, just something we've speculated about. So either toast + almond milk or an egg, just not both.

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by atomic sagebrush View Post
    Hi and welcome!!!

Two things I'd mention right off the bat - you CAN absolutely continue to eat healthfully and conceive a girl. Please have whole grains instead of sugar/white flour, and focus on fruits and veg and whole grains to be sure you're getting enough calories. Low carb vegetables are free and unlimited, have as much as you want. Fruits and higher carb veg like yams and potatoes, count only calories, they're free for fat and protein.

If you wish to continue with the salmon oil, I'd have you reduce the dose to 2-3 times per week instead. This will still register as "less" but you can continue with some of the goodness of it.

I have some pretty big concerns about essential oils. They have been proven to be hormone disruptors and I can't recommend using them while TTC or around your little boy or even your husband! More about that here: https://www.genderdreaming.com/forum...isruptors.html
    I completely resonate with concerns around how unhealthy the sway pink diet seems. So glad to hear there are healthy options!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9. Thanks atomic sagebrush thanked for this post
    Likes Being MommaBear liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by mama23 View Post
    I completely resonate with concerns around how unhealthy the sway pink diet seems. So glad to hear there are healthy options!

Let me know now I can help, Mama.

11. Likes mama23 liked this post
    Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by atomic sagebrush View Post
    Let me know now I can help, Mama.
    Atomic, I was thinking of purchasing a sway plan. I will be having IVF overseas but want to maximise our chances of a girl embryo. How do I sign up?

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by mama23 View Post
    Atomic, I was thinking of purchasing a sway plan. I will be having IVF overseas but want to maximise our chances of a girl embryo. How do I sign up?

Found it and purchased!

14. Thanks atomic sagebrush thanked for this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I have it! I'll get the plan to you as soon as I possibly can!

16. Likes mama23 liked this post