Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Last chance for a daughter.....

This is my first post, although I've been following stories and threads for a number of months.

I have 3 boys and am so longing for a little girl to complete our family.

This time last year we'd considered doing PGD but I just couldn't go ahead with something so intrusive and potentially financially crippling with no guarantee if success.

I started my AF yesterday and have a billion eleventh hour questions /concerns after all my preparation for a natural gender sway.

I am 38....hubby is 43
    I an slight with BMI of about 19 so couldn't go too crazy with diet. I've been vegetarian for 2 years ( wasn't when I conceived my sons....) I have tried to skip breakfast or at least wait 4 hours after waking before eating and cut out snacks.
    I have been walking to and from work for 6 months so total 1.5 hours 5 days a week.
    I have obtained clomid through a friend which I plan to use.
    My hubby has agreed to cut out red meat for next 2 weeks and has been taking olive leaf. He is fit and cycles a few days a week. We both drink red wine about 1 glass per night. Neither of us smoke.
    Questions - day 3-8 or 5-10 for clomid? Should hubby FR prior to attempt? Should I use a douche ?Should I have cut off? Just 1 attempt? Do I use OPK ?Should I try AI?
    Any other tips?

I'm excited and feeling optimistic but also terrified of doing all the prep and compromising my chances with messing up some of the finer details

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I don't have answers to your questions but feel like I have skimmed over some answers to your questions in the sample girl sway if you have access. I would definitely use opks. I'm swaying blue after 2 girls so got no tips (again sorry). I did also just want to say good luck and hope you get your girl :-)

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi and welcome Bonnie!

You don't have to go crazy on diet and in fact I want you to hold steady where you're at given your BMI.

I want you on CD 3-7 for Clomid. It's only for 5 days, not 6. I feel we see better results for conception on those days rather than starting on CD 5.

Please no douching with Clomid, douching hasn't worked and has cut odds of conception too far.

Cutoff has not worked and really cuts odds of conception. YOu will also not be able to predict your ovulation in advance on Clomid anyway. Timing with cutoffs has been widely studied and all reliable studies found 50-50 boys and girls conceived every cycle day. I would start off with one attempt at positive OPK. After your one attempt, you may want to do every 4 day method (unprotected sex every 72-96 hours) in case of delayed ovulation, which sometimes happens on Clomid.

Frequent release has not worked and really cuts odds of conception. If you want to give it one month, you can try it but needs to be dropped in the future. In future months I"d either have hubby do regular release every 2-4 days with one attempt OR e4d method starting after your period ends and going through till whne you're sure you've ovulated, even if that means going all the way through till your next period begins.

Yes you'll need to either do OPK or E4d method on Clomid because the Clomid affects when you will ovulate and you can't predict it without assistance.

I don't recommend doing AI for anyone.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks Atomic for your quick and detailed reply. Its actually made my day as receiving the clomid late on day 4 had me unsure whether to commence or not so I'm I plan to start next cycle and do day 3-7 as suggested. I've heard this can promote twins? Not to keen on that but willing to take risk. My friend had hyperstimulation on her round one and only found this put with scans ( which I won't have as not monitoring) but I've heard this is quite rare??
    Good news about no AI - this was kind of pushing it with hubby!
    Will continue with lots of exercise and non crazy diet.
    Hubby will try FR and one attempt first month and fingers crossed.
    Thanks again

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Oh well if you just got it, it's ok to take it this month if you want to! Totally up to you.

I know the conventional wisdom is that taking it CD 5-9 is supposedly better for avoiding multiples BUT I've seen gobs of singletons conceived on 3-7 and plenty of twins even on CD 5-9 and I just don't find it's really such a thing as they make that out to be. Plus since the CD 5-9 is lower odds of conception overall, it just seems like even if there is a small difference it isn't worth it.

Yes hyperstimulation on 50 mg Clomid is really quite rare. Less than 5 people that I know of. We have only ever had one set of triplets on Clomid - and ironically, it was in a woman who WAS being monitored by her doctor...the doctor only saw one follicle and told her to try but I think he missed a few, LOL. We have actually had more naturally conceived triplets than Clomid triplets!

Keep me posted how it's going and let me know if you need anything.

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    So its been a couple of weeks and a lot has happened.....
    My Dad who has been terminally I'll for a while passed away last week so needless to say its been an emotional time. As much as I am exhausted from everything I am still committed to the plan to attempt this month and as horrible as it sounds...a week of grief and drinking red wine and coffee and not consuming much else has probably put me in a good position to ttc my girl. Presumably from the stress, AF arrived 5 days earlybso I need to start clomid tomorrow.... I am doing day 3 start. Do I take it at morning or night? With or without food? Any other instructions? I arranged it through a friend and not being monitored so a bit anxious. Hubby will release daily til I get Pos ovulation test and do 1 attempt. Any other advice? I'm teary and exhausted from the travel and the funeral. My poor Dad. He had 2 step granddaughter's but always wanted a daughter for me.I think I want this lore than ever now too

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Oh gosh I'm so sorry to read this - my condolences.

I would take the Clomid at night to prevent any side effects (you'll still have them but sleep thru them) You can take it with or without food, whatever you feel is best (I'd have a little something with it because I find I always have upset stomach even from things that aren't supposed to upset my stomach) 50 mg, no more when unmonitored.

Be sure you guys only do the daily release this month and then let it drop for better odds of conception. Only do 1 attempt for 2 months then go to e4d then to e4d plus one.

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you atomic for your quick reply. I'll start taking clomid tonight. Hoping I don't get any crazy side effects. I'm hoping and praying for success in first attempt... Not sure I can sustain this for long. I'm down to 49kg from the stress so BMI under 18 so as poor taste as it seems this month may be my best chance after everything that's happened.
    Should I be maintaining the diet during the 2ww?
    I'm used to it now so no big deal, just interested in other tips which might help the baby stick.

Quote Originally Posted by atomic sagebrush View Post
    Oh gosh I'm so sorry to read this - my condolences.

I would take the Clomid at night to prevent any side effects (you'll still have them but sleep thru them) You can take it with or without food, whatever you feel is best (I'd have a little something with it because I find I always have upset stomach even from things that aren't supposed to upset my stomach) 50 mg, no more when unmonitored.

Be sure you guys only do the daily release this month and then let it drop for better odds of conception. Only do 1 attempt for 2 months then go to e4d then to e4d plus one.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yes you need to do the diet all month long, but it's very very VERY important that you do not lose ny more weight. Please up calories until the weight loss stops (trying to stay in limits on protein and fat, but if you need to go up a bit on those too, do so). You're below my absolute cutoff point - now obviously this is stress related but we cannot have you lose any more weight, your ovulation will stop.

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by atomic sagebrush View Post
    Yes you need to do the diet all month long, but it's very very VERY important that you do not lose ny more weight. Please up calories until the weight loss stops (trying to stay in limits on protein and fat, but if you need to go up a bit on those too, do so). You're below my absolute cutoff point - now obviously this is stress related but we cannot have you lose any more weight, your ovulation will stop.
    Thank you. Yes , being diligent with eating better now life has settled down. Started the clomid last night and no effects yet. Will get some OPK 's as well....its 7-10 days after last clomid day to expect ovulation if I'm correct? Hubby has business trip around them so begging him to postpone! Think he's back on 9 or 10 but don't want to miss window. I've also heard that afternoon sex favours girls so hoping to include that if possible. Any last minute things that can help and can't hurt I will try to include.

Sent from my ZTE BLADE A610 using Tapatalk

11. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast