Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Don’t know where to start re PGD

Hi everyone - I’m from the UK,

I’ve just had an operation so any advice/direction would be very welcome as I can’t go on the internet a lot.

I was ill and housebound for 3.5 years in my late 30s and therefore sadly thought I might be too old to have any children whatsoever. The meds I took also prevented it.

My dream was always to have a child though and so I fought to come off the medication, and am now mummy to a beautiful boy that was conceived naturally when I was 39.

I’m now 41 though and would dearly love a little girl to complete our family. I’m strongly considering PGD abroad but really don’t know where to start?!

I’ve taken a look at the forums but would really appreciate a steer as to what I should be doing initially

- i.e say I wanted to conceive end of next year, when do I need to start doing “stuff”/how far in advance initial consultations etc.?
    - I’ve researched Dr Potter and Dr Braverman a wee bit but what are people’s thoughts versus them and Cyprus?
    - Will my age go against me?

I’ve just paid for the IVF/PGD membership package but can’t seem to find the thread I need.

Thanks in advance

Xxx

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi and thanks for your patience!

IVF/PGD with your own eggs at 41 will likely be a longer shot but some have had success. I would consider looking into donor eggs because you'll have a far greater likelihood of success with your own eggs. A lower carb diet (NOT low carb like Atkins or Keto, but a lower carb diet such as the Zone, Perfect Health Diet, South Beach, or Protein Power Plan) may help improve your egg quality and there's no harm in starting that as far in advance as feasible.

Our Dream Members forum for IVF is here - https://www.genderdreaming.com/forum...private-forum/ lots of good info in this spot and the ladies are so supportive and helpful.

Dr. Potter has great results - but with ongoing health issues Dr. Braverman is the best of the best with that. I would avoid Cyprus if there is any way to. I don't think you'll have a very high chance with them.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks so much for the reply and info.

Why are the Cypriot clinics that bad? Because of a poor success rate with over 40s?

Re. Dr Braverman, I've read mixed things about poor communication etc. so it put me off a bit. I have have had health probs since 2014 but not reproductive ones i.e. joint problems, nail psoriasis (v rare but a side effect of steroid injections I rec'd) so do you mean he's good for health probs in general?

Also, is he cheaper than Dr Potter? HRC would be the ideal place for me I think but it seems prohibitively expensive at the mo. I'd be willing to try NYC though if Dr Braverman's success rates are good?

I'm also trying to cover every angle in the meantime i.e. whilst researching PGD options, i'm going to buy a year's swaying plan tomorrow and start doing that so i can be doing something in the meantime.

I already don't eat a lot of carbs and after being ill on and off since 2014, I've not drunk in nearly 2 years and eat VERY healthily.

Something that I think contributed to me swaying blue in 2016. I was also taking probiotics but at that point being 39, I just wanted to conceive asap and have a healthy bambino!

IVF Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Do a consult with Dr Potter or Braverman. You get a discount there if you book the consult through this site. I would not bother going to Cyprus at your age and with your health issues. You will require SPECIFIC attention and you will not get it there.
    Mom to

and my IVF/PGD

It's better to look back on life and say: "I can't believe I did that" than to look back and say "I wish I did that".

New to IVF/PGD for Family Balancing? Read this- Understanding IVF/PGD- a HT Guide for those New to the IVF/PGD Process

Need a Natural Swaying Plan? Naturally sway for a boy or a girl- Personalized Swaying Plans

Become a Dream Member to access the private forums

5. Thanks atomic sagebrush thanked for this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    They have a poorer success rate for everyone and over 40 and with health issues you need to be in the best of the best hands. Potter or Braverman. Dr. B is the best of the best at dealing with autoimmune issues while doing IVF. Potter is all around great. Many times autoimmune diseases (which I'm assuming that joint issues is autoimmune in nature) need some special attention and Braverman is stellar with AI stuff.

I can't speak to either doc's rates, only their reputations, which are high. While I know that it's far more costly than the Cyprus clinics, it's a false economy in this case because Cyprus just has much lower results and I have seen very, very few women over 35, let alone 40, have success with them. IVF is a tough battle over 40 anyway and it's best to go to the best.

Re swaying, when you need to follow a particular diet for health that takes precedence and we'll just have you continue with that with very few changes. I have done this for many of my swaying clients that have health issues requiring a certain diet and we get very good results that way.
    Last edited by atomic sagebrush; October 11th, 2018 at 02:54 PM.

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks so much for the advice!

I’ve been in contact with Dr P’s office to get some more info and am researching Dr Braverman.

Do you have any thoughts re Dr Steinberg in NYC?

His New York clinic seems to be the one always featured in the UK press when covering family balancing stories.

Although, I’ve requested some info. and rec’d today stating that the max age for it is 43.

Is an upper age limit common place with Dr P and Dr B too?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yes, an upper age limit is common and in fact totaly normal. No clinic of any worth would take people's money without being able to give them a reasonable expectation of success.. The rules may be different with donor eggs.

i know a few people who have gone to Dr. Steinberg and had success - I don't know as much about them as the other two, though.

IVF Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    At 41, you will need very personalized care. You can't just throw a typical protocol at you and hope for the best. I would be prepared to cancel and try again before you do ER if you do not respond well. Have you had any pretesting?
    Mom to

and my IVF/PGD

It's better to look back on life and say: "I can't believe I did that" than to look back and say "I wish I did that".

New to IVF/PGD for Family Balancing? Read this- Understanding IVF/PGD- a HT Guide for those New to the IVF/PGD Process

Need a Natural Swaying Plan? Naturally sway for a boy or a girl- Personalized Swaying Plans

Become a Dream Member to access the private forums