Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    That was my thinking, too...two years apart has been good fun for the kids but really taxing on me. I'm still breastfeeding the little one too. My husband is a full-on meat-eater so the whole vegan thing is alien to him. He's willing to drink a cup of soya milk here and there (I've switched to almond) but other than that not that into swaying, but happy to "humour" me. Good luck with the assessment as well; I hope it's useful! And Nell I also hope you don't have to wait long. I know once you want it you want it yesterday. Looks like we may all end up being in different due date groups, but looking forward to sharing the journey with you guys

2. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by StarryRiver View Post
    Hi there, it's been a while but I've just started the diet. At the moment, I've been drinking coffee, but then I've read it's bad for PCOS so I'm not so sure now, especially since I have decided to give inositol a go after a ridiculously long (45 day) cycle. From what I read about inositol is that it doesn't go with caffeine. Also alcohol...I do like to have a tipple at the weekend and was secretly relieved to hear that it sways pink. But, is that not the case for people with PCOS because of the sugar content?

And the whole cardio thing...I walk dogs for a living so I get a good amount of exercise, but to me it doesn't feel like cardio, as in raised heart rate etc. Should I add in some running as well?

I hope everyone is getting on OK? I did have to take a step back after a personal loss in real life but I'm back in the game.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    As long as you're on a sway diet you can have coffee. That is fine and in fact it even improves insulin response over time to have the coffee. Coffee is only a ~potential~ concern with PCOS when people are already eating a very high carb high sugar diet.

Alcohol - same rules apply. If you're dieting it is fine to have alcohol as part of your sway diet and in fact it can actaully lower blood sugar.

You do not need to add exercise on top of the walking you already do.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi pink, when are you ttc?

It was my dad that died. I hope that this effort will eventually lead to us celebrating a new life. My mother would love a granddaughter, also.

What I read about inositol was on the manufacturing website as apparently caffeine prevents it being absorbed properly?

I'm also in a pickle over dairy now and meat as animal products raise testosterone. So not sure if I should go veggie and swap milk for non-dairy alternative, but not soya as that does something not good

PLEASE do not go vegetarian and especially not vegan with PCOS. What happens when you change your diet in that way is that you up carbs massively, which is really bad for PCOSers. Definitely continue eating dairy, full fat only. Please continue eating meat in small amounts if you like, or eggs. DO NOT under any circumstances start increasing intake of carby foods like vegan meals at the expense of protein foods.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi Nell, good luck to you to...I hope you are not waiting long to get your pink BFP . How have you found the diet generally or any tips you can share?

Pink, my friend is a vegan and I find her food really yummy! I would consider it an option for myself if it was just me. My husband does support us eating less meat, however, so I quite often buy tofu and quorn these days. Are you drinking soya milk or something else?

My boys are 2 years apart and the younger one quite full on (he's being assessed for autism). But they'll both be at school in sept so I should get to spend more time with the baby. With it being my last I wanted to wait until then so I could enjoy him/her more.

Tofu (or any soy food) no more than 2-3 times a week.

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks atomic, I definitely feel reassured that what I've been doing so far is ok and that I don't need to become a vegan marathon runner! Obviously time will tell...but I'm feeling confident that I'm doing all I possibly can. I never used to do the dog walking when I had the boys and my diet has naturally shifted towards the le PCOS diet anyway so I haven't had to make many major changes. I do worry about my testosterone levels because I have oily skin (some acne) and dark hairs growing where they shouldn't do.

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you starry! I have found it quite easy i just don't snack and stick to the limits and have the odd cheat day! Also delay or skip breakfast i have cut down on meat too!

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi Atomic, I'm guessing this isn't the case for people who are already vegan/vegetarian? Is it the major change that can cause issues for PCOS? Thanks

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks atomic, I definitely feel reassured that what I've been doing so far is ok and that I don't need to become a vegan marathon runner! Obviously time will tell...but I'm feeling confident that I'm doing all I possibly can. I never used to do the dog walking when I had the boys and my diet has naturally shifted towards the le PCOS diet anyway so I haven't had to make many major changes. I do worry about my testosterone levels because I have oily skin (some acne) and dark hairs growing where they shouldn't do.

Just up protein and fat to 50-60 g, drop skim dairy in favor of full fat, and drop sugar and white carbs in favor of whole grains. Better for your sway and for egg quality.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by PinkSabra101 View Post
    Hi Atomic, I'm guessing this isn't the case for people who are already vegan/vegetarian? Is it the major change that can cause issues for PCOS? Thanks
    I am of the opinion that vegetarianism actually causes many a case of PCOS that would not normally exist.

If you're a vegetarian, avoid skim dairy, sugar, and white carbs like the plague and focus on getting 50-60 g protein and fat and b sure your carbs are coming from healthier sources.

11. Thanks PinkSabra101 thanked for this post
    Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm sure there's a clear explanation on the site that I'm not seeing; I'm confused about what one attempt is/how it works throughout the month? Can anyone attach an explanation, or explain briefly? Thanks! :P Hope everyone is doing well x

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast