Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: IVF or sway

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

IVF or sway

Hi!

I’m 30yrs old with 2DD. I’ve always wanted a son, so I’ve experienced gender disappointment twice. DH was finished with having children, but some how I’ve convinced him to try for 3rd. After this he wants a vasectomy. So basically this is my last chance at having DS. I’ve scheduled a consultation for IVF with gender selection. I live in a small town in Arkansas and there aren’t any nearby clinics. I found what I believe to be a good one about 4.5 hrs away. I worry about the travel and frequency of appointments. Can some things such as bloodwork and ultrasounds be done locally?
    I have been slowly trying to prep my husband for what is to come with IVF. Financially we will be ok, but I’m not sure if he is ready for all it entails. Sometimes, I even get overwhelmed by the thoughts .This is where I contemplate just doing an aggressive boy sway. On average how many cycles does it take for IVF to work? I know it depends on many factors, but just wondering.

Can you share why you went with IVF or swaying? I’m struggling!
    Last edited by Mamabear88; January 27th, 2019 at 01:07 AM.

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I had ivf not for a specific gender but was taking a while to conceive! Right before we started i got pregnant but mc so went ahead with ivf anyway rather than stress and try again. Worked 1st time with me and was a breeze think a lot is mind over matter i found it all exciting rather than a negative experience. Im in the uk and had ivf in Ireland. I had an endo scratch before not sure if they do that at your clinic but it increases odds! Id go for it if i were you try to relax, reflexology massages eat healthy you will be fine im sure good luck �� ivf will ensure you get your boy worth a go at least

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    if ivf is an option for you then do it, as Nell says it is a guarantee where as swaying is a gamble, even the very best of sways can fail.. the worst case scenario for you with ivf would be to cycle and end up with no boys, with swaying the worst case is that you end up pregnant with DD3. Another way to look at it is that with ivf for a boy you absolutely 100% will not get pregnant with a girl. If ivf doesnt work for whatever reasons swaying will still be here as your "plan B"
    ivf with gender selection is illegal where i live, if it wasnt i would have gone that route for sure.
    good luck with whatever you decide and i hope you guys get your boy
    now 6blue5pink

4. Likes 2blue1pink liked this post
    Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks for sharing! It’s refreshing to hear your story. I will look into endo scratch

6. Likes Nell_ liked this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I've swayed and done ivf for gender and the assurance of a genetically normal embryo prior to transfer. After losing a child I didnt want to take any chances. It was hard. Emotionally and physically. But it was worth everything. We just welcome our ivf girl in October snd still have embryos left.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk
    Mama to 2 DS and 2 DD and 1 angel DD

8. Thanks atomic sagebrush thanked for this post
    Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks for responding! You’re right IVF can be 100% and if unsuccessful, swaying a plan B

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Congrats on your babygirl! Any advice for me? Did you follow a specific diet or take supplements to assist with IVF. Thanks!

11. Likes Georgia_Peach liked this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamabear88 View Post
    Congrats on your babygirl! Any advice for me? Did you follow a specific diet or take supplements to assist with IVF. Thanks!
    Read the book it starts with the egg. I followed most of it. I don't know if its 100% accurate but I had a successful round of ivf. Have you had preliminary testing done? Do you know your AMH number?
    We only had to do one round of ivf but there are SO many factors involved in how many rounds are going to work. Especially if you are trying to only get a certain gender.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk
    Mama to 2 DS and 2 DD and 1 angel DD

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I've chosen to go the IVF route because I know I don't just want another baby, I want a girl. I swayed pink with my third and had DS3. After that I realized I couldn't risk swaying again. If you know you do not want another girl at all, then do IVF. Chances of it working do not improve with age and swaying will always be here if IVF doesn't work out. Good luck.
    '12
    '14
    '15 '15 '16
    🌈 '17 (LE sway opposite)

Dreaming of pink through HT or adoption
    FET January 2021: 1 HBAA XX - BFN
    FET #2 August 2022: 1 HBAA XX - BFP!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    It's what you feel you can do. I did two rounds of IVF for a boy and ended up with only unviable, abnormal boys and went back to swaying and still ended up not having a healthy boy. So I'm the cautionary tale, I feel -- but we had the added issue of only having miscarriages once I started swaying several years ago, and we discovered DH had some serious sperm issues contributing to all our issues. (I was 28 and with normal pretesting, so every doctor told us we'd be golden -- if only they had looked at DH before I dropped my entire life savings).

To answer your other questions, many clinics let testing and ultrasounds happen locally -- in my case, all my pretesting and monitoring happened locally for me, and our actual cycling was at a clinic 7 hours away. To keep costs down, we drove, stayed cheap, etc. So these things are all possible.

It's a hard road with no guarantees whatever option you choose -- you won't end up pregnant with a girl if you do IVF, but you might not end up pregnant period. If you sway, you're faced with a whole lot of other stresses. GD sucks either way.

aira22 on here had a successful boy sway after IVF, fyi, if she pops in here!

15. Thanks atomic sagebrush thanked for this post
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast