Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

TTC baby girl after 3 boys, Help!

Hi all!

My husband and I are attempting to conceive a little girl after 3 boys! We have never swayed before, I was just under the assumption, you get what you get no matter what. Silly me!
    We will both be 32 in May and live a relatively healthy lifestyle. He's active for work and I walk, pushing a stroller around 2mi-3mi per weekday. He's overweight, but physically fit (BMI 32.5) and I'm on the average to low end for my height, BMI is 19.8. He drinks a beer or two a day, sometimes more, I don't usually drink. Occasionally a glass of white wine.

We are hoping to conceive ASAP. I have about 20 days until my next ovulation. I had created my own plan based off of InGender and now seeing everything here I am BEYOND baffled. For my boys I was eating a pretty healthy diet, I had to gain weight to conceive them, meals usually consisted of red meat of some sort or grilled chicken, potatoes, veggies and always some sort of salad and typically I eat dessert. I've always eaten hot breakfast too.

I conceived my 3rd while nursing #2 and bolstering up my diet with a lot of healthy fats, avocados and so forth. I've been convinced I need to gain weight to conceive, even though I have had regular cycles. Each of the 3 boys were conceived with sex the day before and the day of ovulation so sex close to O is scary for me. We have tried O-3 for 3 months now with no success. I am also still nursing once a day at bedtime. He typically nurses for about 15 minutes, sometimes more sometimes less.

I guess what I'm looking for is what is the best thing for me to do? I'll post my plan, that now is probably completely out the window and let someone tell me what to do!

My husband is willing to do SOME things, within reason. Like I think I could get him on board with walks, he's willing to take vitamins, and he'll eat whatever I cook.

Breakfast
    light meal usually wheat cereal, no sugar - I can push breakfast off, but not eating makes me very light headed and nauseous.
    Lunch
    Smoothie - Frozen; Strawberries, Blueberries, Pineapple, Kale, and Spinach, Chobani Greek Plain Yogurt, 1/4 c. Rolled oats, 1T. Natural Peanut Butter, Plain, Unsweetened Almond Milk as needed.
    Supper
    Grilled chicken with side salad and green beans
    Grilled chicken on salad with Italian dressing and shredded mozzarella & parmesan cheese
    Grilled chicken on buttered noodles
    Grilled chicken with Organic Hellman’s Mayo, shredded cheese on wheat tortilla parmesan cheese
    Scrambled eggs with cheese, chicken or plain – with or without tortilla
    Drinks
    Crystal Light, Water or Milk – I prefer water only
    Snacks
    String cheese or cottage cheese
    Supplements
    Nature Made Prenatal with DHA
    Calcium Citrate 630mg + D3 500 IU
    Cranberry pill 4200mg fruit equivalent – Dropping immediately as I am still nursing once a day
    B6 100mg - I have always taken b6 as I have a shorter luteal phase, usually 11-12 days.
    Magnesium 250mg
    Replens???

Please pick this apart and help!

Thanks so much!

Alicia

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Do you have totals for the diet for fat, protein, and calories?? That really helps.

I would have you drop cereal as that's the only food ever associated with more boys conceived.

if you can't get through without breakfast, then eat! We just try to extend the amount of time you go without food coming in. Do drop snacks if at all possible.

The big issue that jumps out to me is your supplements. I would have you wean off the Prenatal, the calcium citrate with D (try to find a calcium without Vit. D, as that has been a strong swayer for us).

The cranberry may sway blue and as you've already figured out, is a no-go when nursing. I took it when nursing after IG assured me it was safe and my baby ended up covered in bruises and bleeding from tiny cuts. (and I only took it a few days!)

B6 - 11-12 days is NOT a short LP! That is a normal LP! I strongly suggest you wean off B6 as I think it sways strongly blue (based on seeing people, myself included, have failed sways while taking it) and one other swaying site that is now defunct, had also dropped it independent of us as they thought it was making opposites.

Magnesium is at your discretion. I don't personally believe it works, but it doesn't appear to be quite as much of a dealbreeaker as the Vit. D and B6 are.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I'll see if I can get the diet information. I would say I'm taking in less than 1600 calories per day. I started with the smoothies a couple weeks ago, that's usually all I eat for lunch, it makes about 8-10oz, should I keep with those? It's all frozen fruit and veggies Walmart Brand, except for the chobani yogurt. I'll check the other amounts and come back with those.

Of the supplements I listed, the only ones I took with my boys was the prenatal and the b6, my luteal phase used to be 8-9 days so I have just kept up with it while trying to conceive, thinking that it was necessary. So I'll start weaning from it. What are the effects of cold turkey since I'm about 20 days out?

Is no prenatal vitamin safe? All 3 of my sons are tongue tied, the youngest has a sacral dimple - no long term effects - so it makes me somewhat nervous not to take. But, obviously I'm willing to do whatever! My husband and I both carry different genotypes for the MTHFR gene.

I have a calcium pill, but it is calcium carbonate, not sure if that does the same thing.

What kind of breakfast do you suggest? I'm not a picky eater by any means.

I dropped snacks yesterday fearing that it was giving me too much of an afternoon boost. I was DEFINITELY hungry after a 2 mile walk.

What kind of timing for intercourse do you suggest? The O-3 just wasn't working for us, and quite honestly, it is too stressful to figure out, even with our fertility monitor. I told my husband this morning, "remember when sex was fun? and not planned?" I'd rather it be a more spontaneous and enjoyable time for us. I don't mind skipping on my O, as occasionally it can take a little longer, and with 3 boys we don't always have the luxury of time.

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Back with the diet information.

A normal day for diet looks like this:

Calories: 1300-1500
    Fat: 30g-40g
    Protein: 45g-55g
    Carbs: 30g-45g
    Sugars: 10g-15g

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Smoothie Recipe Ingredients with Measurements

.5 serving Chunks Pineapple Great Value 35 Calories per serving

1/2 cup Blueberries Whole, Frozen Great Value 40 Calories per serving

0.66 cup Greek Nonfat Plain Yogurt Chobani 86 Calories per serving

1/4 cup dry Old Fashioned Quaker Oats 100% Whole Grain Rolled Oats The Quaker Oats, Co. 38 Calories per serving

1/4 cup Extra Fine Chopped Spinach Great Value 6 Calories per serving

1/4 cup, chopped or diced Kale Frozen, Cooked, Boiled, Drained, Without Salt 5 Calories per serving

1 tbsp All Natural Peanut Butter Smooth Great Value 100 Calories per serving

.2 serving Unsweetened Almond Milk Silk 17 Calories per serving

1.5 serving Whole Fresh Frozen Strawberries Great Value 75 Calories per serving

Nutrition facts for Smoothie

Amount per serving
    Calories 401
    % Daily Value*
    Total Fat 10.4g 13%
    Saturated Fat 1.6g 8%
    Cholesterol 7mg 2%
    Sodium 193mg 8%
    Total Carbohydrate 55.8g 20%
    Dietary Fiber 10.3g 37%
    Total Sugars 27.8g
    Protein 23g
    Vitamin D 0mcg 1%
    Calcium 464mg 36%
    Iron 3mg 17%
    Potassium 525mg 11%

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Never drop any nutrients cold turkey. It isn't safe for you or for your upcoming pregnancy.

Smoothies are fine as long as you're not putting in any flaxseed or chia.

Prenatals sway blue and this is one of the better proven elements of gender swaying. Most experts agree that as long as you start a prenatal at conception (which we do) while eating a balanced diet (LE Diet is balanced and healthy nutrient range according to the World Health Organization) that is fine to wait to start them at conception. Folic acid/folate is the ONLY nutrient ever proven to prevent birth defects when taken before pregnancy for those on an otherwise balanced diet.

You would need to have ONLY folate with the MTHFR gene. NO FOLIC ACID.

Sacral dimples are likely caused by low folic acid/folate intake (your MTHFR gene may have been having an effect there) and we have you guys actually take higher than the norm on that (1200-1600 MCG for most, although I think you should talk to a doctor and see if they want you to take more. One of mine has a sacral dimple that was actually mild spina bifida, and with my subsequent pregnancies they had me take 4000 mcg)

If you really can't give up prenatals that's fine, just do the compromise 3x a week instead (or daily if you so choose)

Allegedly the calcium is supposed to be calcium citrate but there is literally no evidence that calcium citrate is better than calcium carbonate, and the evidence that calcium even sways to begin with is sketchy in the extreme.

Most people skip breakfast but if you continue, it ~may~ be better to have either pure protein or pure carbs (FOR BREAKFAST ONLY) WE don't know that for sure, but it's just speculation that it may keep blood sugar lower longer to either eat just protein or just carbs in the morning. Fine to mix them at other times of day though.

Timing doesn't sway and has been as debunked as it's possible for something in science to BE debunked. What we generally do is have one attempt at positive oPK (which is still about 36 hours before O for most people). Or if you want to boost odds of conception even more you can go to every 4 day method (unprotected sex every 72 hours or so starting after your period ends and going through till you're sure you've ovulated, even if it means going on till your next period begins.)

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by atomic sagebrush View Post
    Never drop any nutrients cold turkey. It isn't safe for you or for your upcoming pregnancy.

Smoothies are fine as long as you're not putting in any flaxseed or chia.

Prenatals sway blue and this is one of the better proven elements of gender swaying. Most experts agree that as long as you start a prenatal at conception (which we do) while eating a balanced diet (LE Diet is balanced and healthy nutrient range according to the World Health Organization) that is fine to wait to start them at conception. Folic acid/folate is the ONLY nutrient ever proven to prevent birth defects when taken before pregnancy for those on an otherwise balanced diet.

You would need to have ONLY folate with the MTHFR gene. NO FOLIC ACID.

Sacral dimples are likely caused by low folic acid/folate intake (your MTHFR gene may have been having an effect there) and we have you guys actually take higher than the norm on that (1200-1600 MCG for most, although I think you should talk to a doctor and see if they want you to take more. One of mine has a sacral dimple that was actually mild spina bifida, and with my subsequent pregnancies they had me take 4000 mcg)

If you really can't give up prenatals that's fine, just do the compromise 3x a week instead (or daily if you so choose)

Allegedly the calcium is supposed to be calcium citrate but there is literally no evidence that calcium citrate is better than calcium carbonate, and the evidence that calcium even sways to begin with is sketchy in the extreme.

Most people skip breakfast but if you continue, it ~may~ be better to have either pure protein or pure carbs (FOR BREAKFAST ONLY) WE don't know that for sure, but it's just speculation that it may keep blood sugar lower longer to either eat just protein or just carbs in the morning. Fine to mix them at other times of day though.

Timing doesn't sway and has been as debunked as it's possible for something in science to BE debunked. What we generally do is have one attempt at positive oPK (which is still about 36 hours before O for most people). Or if you want to boost odds of conception even more you can go to every 4 day method (unprotected sex every 72 hours or so starting after your period ends and going through till you're sure you've ovulated, even if it means going on till your next period begins.)
    I've cut out breakfast every day since your last post, and it hasn't been bad. I've continued with the same smoothie (no chia or flax) recipe for lunches. I'm now walking 4 miles 5 days/week.

Should I have any concerns with pH? My hubby is high, 8.5-9, mine has held fairly steady at 4 or there about (strips no digital monitor).

I have been having hubby release each day, I'm not sure if this is helping or hurting us.

Where can I find ideas or recipes for the alternative LE diet? I'm not sure what I'm looking for when I search.

At my last check I've lost about 2lb on the diet, and I may have a few more to spare, but not much. I was 113lb and now down to 111lb.

I have also weaned from all of the supplements, faster than I normally would have but have added 1200mg of folate.

Any other suggestions for my sway?

Thanks!

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Also, I've been using replens every other day, slightly less sthan 1/3 of an applicator. I've read your 2 part post on replens and rephresh and now I'm completely confused. I have no idea what to do.

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I typed up another response but it disappeared. I've since dropped breakfast and supplements, keeping with the smoothie for lunch, they don't have chia or flax. I've also lost about 2lb. And I exercise 5 days a week. Usually a 4mi walk. My husband has a pH around 8.5-9 and mine has held steady around 4-5.
    Could you help with replens use and any other changes I should make?

Thanks!

Alicia

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Amags1 View Post
    I typed up another response but it disappeared. I've since dropped breakfast and supplements, keeping with the smoothie for lunch, they don't have chia or flax. I've also lost about 2lb. And I exercise 5 days a week. Usually a 4mi walk. My husband has a pH around 8.5-9 and mine has held steady around 4-5.
    Could you help with replens use and any other changes I should make?

Thanks!

Alicia
    for some reason it activated the spam filter, I approved it and it's there now.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast