Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

New Here, Just Browsing for Now!

Hello everyone! I just wanted to introduce myself. Hubby and I aren't TTC yet and probably won't be for a little while (just moved to a new state and want to replenish our savings), but we both dream of having a little girl so I wanted to start my research a little early, and eventually get a custom sway plan once we're closer to trying! This will be our first baby, and I can't wait to start this journey with all of you!
    Originally swayed but switched to

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi and welcome! Let me know how I can help!!
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you atomic! I did have a couple questions. Because of my job, I have to do a fitness test twice a year, and to stay in shape for it I usually have to do some bodyweight workouts (push ups, sit ups, squats, etc.) three times a week, along with cardio. I don't need to include weights and I usually don't, but I was wondering if it made any difference if I did these exercises before or after an hour of cardio in a pink sway. Cardio is a portion of the fitness test, so I have no qualms about doing an hour of cardio 4-7 times a week (good for my sway and my scores, win-win LOL).

I plan to mostly focus on the diet and exercise aspects of swaying, along with a single attempt as we won't be in a rush to conceive, however, I was also wondering what you thought about the hole in the condom and/or spermicide methods of swaying. I know generally anything that lowers fertility tends to sway pink, but I was wondering what you've noticed as far as the effectiveness of spermicide/HIC, or if there were specific products or techniques that could make them more effective. If it makes a difference, DH and I are fairly young and his doctor said he had a relatively high sperm count (can't remember exact numbers off the top of my head).

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    As long as you're eating a lower protein diet and have lost a little weight those types of exercises are ok. What I don't want to see you guys do is moderate exercise plus a blue friendly diet.

The HIC and spermicide methods no one got pregnant with. We had several people play with the idea, as they also did on IG and a couple other sway groups and no one conceived, so over time we've dropped it from the equation. I have found that it's best to focus on doing the things that really work (diet, exercise, one attempt) while ditching things that cut odds of conception greatly - like HIC and spermicide do. This is because what happens - and I know you don't think it will happen to you but everyone thinks that!! - when people go on several months not conceiving, they a)lose so much weight they stop ovulating or their cycle gets really wacky and/or b) as the BFN start to pile up they get panicky and people will often go from an overly strict sway with no chance of conception, to thinking "OMgosh I must be infertile" and then they end up dropping everything from their sway at once and even basically swaying blue just to get pregnant. So over time we've found it best to focus on a reasonable chance of conception right from the start and then additionally dropping things gradually over time to boost chances.

So if you need to try HIC/spermicide method please only do it for a month and then drop it.

5. Thanks Amazing.Livvy thanked for this post
    Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you again for your quick, detailed response! I looked into those methods on this site and noticed the posts were usually older- now it makes sense why it was dropped! In that case we'll probably nix that and just focus on the basics. I do have one last question though. DH and I are thinking about just one attempt with regular release every 2-4 days. If we decide to occasionally DTD for release (that way DH will be less frustrated than releasing on his own all the time lol) should we just use condoms for protection or is spermicide okay too? I only ask because we haven't used condoms since I got my birth control implant a couple years ago, and I know DH prefers not to use condoms- he's a pretty good sport about swaying though, and is willing to use them if it has better odds for pink!

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yes just use protection. The spermicide is at your discretion - if you do it closer to ovulation, it may cut odds of conception by a lot. But far from O, it's ok and will be gone by the time the egg shows. Do be aware, though, that spermicide is not very effective method of birth control....

....annnnnd with that I just realized what your actual question is. Could this potentially hurt your sway to BD using spermicide out of the fertile window, right?? Sorry been a long day here LOL. The answer is, I honestly don't know. Since spermicide isn't a great form of conception, it's possible that something might survive to make it to the egg if you BD with it around the fertile window. And it's also possible that the hormones in semen (which I doubt spermicide gets rid of, even if it kills sperm) may sway somewhat blue. BUT I seriously doubt it's enough of a problem to change your plan if hubby really hates condoms and who knows, the residue from the spermicide (as previously mentioned) may sway slightly pink.