Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

TTC a little princess after late loss

Hi Atomic and everyone! I’ve been lurking like mad here for a little while and thought it was high time I said hello!!

I am from the UK and have a gorgeous little girl who has just turned 2 who I am still breastfeeding (she loves the boob!).

We had a devastating loss at 20 weeks 5 months ago which was a little boy. He was beautiful and perfect but I really want to try and sway pink for our next child as I don’t want to feel we are ‘replacing’ him. Any rainbow baby would be amazing though.

We are going to be TTC pink from July so I’m hoping to do what I can to help the process! Any input would be greatly appreciated!

I’ve been inadvertently following the LE diet for a few months. I don’t have breakfast, just lots of coffee and sweetener/canderel, no alcohol, light snackky lunch then a large-ish evening meal. We have red meat once a week maximum but we do have things like ham and sausages too. We mostly have veggie stuff and quorn, occasionally fish although I’m not a big fan. I used to snack on Brazil nuts but I’ve knocked that on the head! Now I tend to snack on crackers and haribo/gummy sweets.

An issue is that my BMI is 17.4 (I’ve had 2 periods since our loss so I know my body is happy fertility-wise) but I know I can’t drop any weight and I would struggle with 6 lots of cardio a week. DH wants me to gain weight but I don’t want to help a boy-sway!!

I’m taking 1200mg folic acid and 100mg of Ubiquinol, I was taking calcium & magnesium and Pregnacare but I’d heard that they can sway blue?? With DD I was taking high strength omega 3 but again wasn’t sure if this would go against my pink sway.

Are Olive leaf extract and liquorice root still recommended for DH? Can I do anything to tweak his diet at all??
    Thanks so much!!

Get Outlook for iOS

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by itsallaboutthepink; June 3rd, 2019 at 02:05 AM.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi and welcome! So sorry for your loss.

Even if you're getting your period you can't always be sure your body is willing to get and stay pregnant at that weight. Let's just be very cautious not to lose any more weight. I agree exercise seems overly risky for you, let's just try to hold steady where you are, no gain, no loss if possible and see if you conceive easily (hopefully that will be the case)

I cannot recommend ubiquinol for anyone with such a low BMI as it will lower blood sugar. I know it's supposed to

Do you have totals for fat, protein, and calories? I can't sign off on anyones' diet without those things.

Yes, Pregnacare may sway blue and worse it has components in it that may disrupt your menstrual cycle. I would have you wean off those. Cal-mag is at your discretion; I got boys taking it and gave it up to get my daughter. But I understand it's hard for some to give up on it, so as long as it has no Vit. D I leave it up to you guys Omega 3 may sway blue and more than that, at a high dose it may cause your blood to become too thin and may possibly up the odds of miscarriage or even be harmful to you. I woudl have you skip it.

OLE is recommended, LR has gotten terrible result (I think it's 38% or something crazy low like that) and we've given it up.

If he's willing to give up red meat, all meat, even go fully vegan those things can help. Many give their husbands soy milk 12-48 oz a day (and soy foods) but not if he has thyroid issues. Fiber may also help for him if he's willing.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

3. Thanks itsallaboutthepink thanked for this post
    Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks so much for the advice!
    I’m getting DH on the OLE ASAP! He’s not a massive milk drinker so we’ll concentrate on more veggie/vegan meals. Is. He better to not take a multi-vitamin (he doesn’t currently). Also he is a big coffee drinker, will this affect my pink sway??

I think on average I have about 1600 cals, 30-40g fat and 20-30g protein a day, usually nothing except coffee(semi-skimmed milk & 2 canderel tablets) and possibly a small yogurt drink. I have crackers to snack on throughout the day& lots of coffee!!

I’m only taking the folic acid now.
    Thanks so much!!

5. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yes please don't give him multivitamins, they may sway blue.

Coffee we believe sways pink and have had good result with it.

Ok. That's not enough protein and fat. We need you at 40 plus g fat due to your low BMI and 40 g protein minimum.

7. Thanks itsallaboutthepink thanked for this post
    Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hiya,
    Bit of an update for you and seeking some more advice...
    So I’ve been trying to up my fat and protein intake but am concerned about turning my diet ‘too nutritious’ and inadvertently swaying blue. I’m eating a lot of quorn and soya protein and full fat cheese and of course my crackers! Is a bit of coconut oil ok for pink sway?? Also my BMI has increased a bit to 17.5 (hooray, as long as the gain doesn’t sway blue!!)

With my daughter I was doing cardio 2-3 times a week plus yoga & Pilates but I did gain and was about BMI 20. Looking back I was also taking prenatals and omega 3-6-9, didn’t J&D, BD whilst having EWCM on O day AND had the big O so actually very boy friendly! So all with all this and not exercising I’m worried I won’t get my DD2. My job is quite active, I’m on my feet a lot for 8+ hours but was wondering if it was worth introducing some cardio/toning every week?

DH has 750mg OLE daily now which is one capsule a day. He’s quite tall and broad (6’2 about 110kg) so would you recommend him taking 2 a day?

Is it still advisable to avoid EWCM when BD??

Thanks in advance.
    I’m feeling a bit stressed out worrying about GD and our previous loss even before we’re TTC, it’s driving me nuts! DH doesn’t realise the extent I’m feeling this and says he’d be happy with either gender but I feel that’d break my heart

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    At this point you can't afford concerns about turning your diet "too nutritious". You need to follow the suggestions I made in the previous threads. What you were eating in the past was not enough to get and stay pregnant.

There are no forbidden foods for pink, yes you can have some coco oil.

Looking back at your history you can see that you can get a girl even with some blue friendly stuff so I hope this empowers you to make some changes in a direction towards more healthy/fertile from where you are now.

When people work all day on their feet we count that as exercise. No need for more.

No DH only needs one OLE.

We have not found EWCM to be predictive of whose sways work and whose don't. You do need EWCM to get pregnant with a baby of either gender. So while most believe less EWCM may = more girls, don't stress about that or try to dry it up totally.

Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

TTC a little princess after late loss

Thanks again for the advice.
    My loss was from viral sepsis.
    I’ll take on board all you have said, thank you

Last edited by itsallaboutthepink; June 17th, 2019 at 01:28 PM.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm so sorry.