Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

TTC a girl after two boys

Hi Atomic and everyone, I’ve been reading posts on this site for a while and decided to introduce myself. I have two beautiful boys aged 2.5 and 9 months and I’m hoping to add a little girl to our family in 2020 (will start to TTC around December). I conceived DS1 on BMI 21.5 with semi regular HIIT, healthy eating (very protein heavy diet, juices, vegetables and minimum carbs and dairy) but snacking and one attempts at positive OPK (flashy smiley). I then lost 7 kilos in addition to pregnancy weight in the following year and conceived my DS2 on BMI 19 with two attempts at positive OPK (solid smiley) and the day after. Pregnant first go. Similar diet, but only Pilates exercises at home and walking. Never drank coffee in my life before my boys. Given my ok BMI I don’t think I have to lose weight, do I? I’m currently BMI 19.6, so unsure what to do with the diet.

What I’m planning to do:

Fasting 15-16 hours and eating at 9am, 1pm and 5pm - I did this for the last 4-5 years so will keep going
    Reduce red meat and fish, add coffee and alcohol, stop oats for breakfast and stop juices
    No snacking
    Walk with the pram and do Pilates 5-6 times a week
    One attempt at positive OPK (though it gave me boys?). My DH is 48 though, should we have more BD before our attempt?

Hoping to start modifying my diet in August and TTC at the end of the year. Any suggestions welcome, hope you all get the gender you desire!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Likes Mamaku liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    You need to do diet, but try to focus on staying where you're at. Stick in the limits for fat and protein, get more of your fat and protein from VEGETABLE sources, but up carbs to keep weight on.

fine eating schedule, although there's no need to be locked into it slavishly if it doesn't work out one of the days.

You got boys not because of having one attempt, but in spite of it. I would stick with one attempt to start out with. If you prefer to try a cutoff instead that's totally fine but timing has been debunked.

Have your husband release on his own or with you with a condom, every 2-4 days starting right away to be sure he has a good amount of healthy sperm to try the one attempt with. At 48 we can't do abstain and FR has really cut odds of conception with one attempt (and neither of them has worked anyway.)
    Last edited by atomic sagebrush; July 8th, 2019 at 09:52 PM.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you Atomic! So do you think I’m ok to start TTC sooner (since I don’t have to lose weight) or still better off waiting for 12+ weeks? Am I ok to have a bit of red meat? (You said get protein and fat from animal sources).

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    If I up my carbs what should my daily limit be?

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Thirdtimelucky01 View Post
    Thank you Atomic! So do you think I’m ok to start TTC sooner (since I don’t have to lose weight) or still better off waiting for 12+ weeks? Am I ok to have a bit of red meat? (You said get protein and fat from animal sources).

STill wait for 12+ weeks. The results have been by far and away superior regardless of weight.

AGH that was a typo, I meant VEGETABLE sources, geez so sorry!

There is no limits on carbs. What I'm wanting you to do is be sure you're getting enough protein and fat from mostly VEGETABLE sources, then fill any calorie deficit to keep weight steady with carbs. So the only limit on carbs is the calorie limit. I don't want you to count carbs at all, just pro, fat, carbs. Eat as many calories as it takes to keep weight on.

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by atomic sagebrush View Post
    STill wait for 12+ weeks. The results have been by far and away superior regardless of weight.

AGH that was a typo, I meant VEGETABLE sources, geez so sorry!

There is no limits on carbs. What I'm wanting you to do is be sure you're getting enough protein and fat from mostly VEGETABLE sources, then fill any calorie deficit to keep weight steady with carbs. So the only limit on carbs is the calorie limit. I don't want you to count carbs at all, just pro, fat, carbs. Eat as many calories as it takes to keep weight on.
    Ok, thank you. Can you please give me some breakfast ideas? Or tell me where to look. I read most posts but everyone tends to skip breakfast and since I’m fasting for 14-15 hours between dinner and breakfast I don’t have to skip it. Thanks!

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    We originally started off thinking that for breakfast ONLY (for those who needed to eat it) it might be smart to have either pure protein (like egg or cheese) OR pure carbs - like toast with jelly or whatever. It's fine to mix protein and carbs at all other meals of course. Now, over time it's become apparent that it probably makes no difference at all but if you wanted to do that, it's something that we'd wondered about in the past (because your blood sugar won't go up at all from pure protein, and if you eat pure carbs, it will go up for a short time and then drop quickly after eating)

9. Likes Thirdtimelucky01 liked this post
    Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    We originally started off thinking that for breakfast ONLY (for those who needed to eat it) it might be smart to have either pure protein (like egg or cheese) OR pure carbs - like toast with jelly or whatever. It's fine to mix protein and carbs at all other meals of course. Now, over time it's become apparent that it probably makes no difference at all but if you wanted to do that, it's something that we'd wondered about in the past (because your blood sugar won't go up at all from pure protein, and if you eat pure carbs, it will go up for a short time and then drop quickly after eating)
    Ok, noted. One last question- how do you count calories in a bowl of soup? Say I make vegetable soup (potato, carrots, celery, parsnip, cabbage and tomato) or chicken and vegetables and take chicken out. Or calories in one crepe/pancake?

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    You have to estimate it. There is no need to be 100% totally spot on with cal count. A ballpark figure is fine.

In terms of the vegetable soup, do be aware that things like low carb veg such as celery and cabbage are free and unlimited, have as much as you want, no need to count anything in that. (so putting a lot of cabbage in, for example, can help fill you up for free!) and then for higher carb veg like potato and carrot you count cals only, no protein or fat (same with fruit.)

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    You have to estimate it. There is no need to be 100% totally spot on with cal count. A ballpark figure is fine.

In terms of the vegetable soup, do be aware that things like low carb veg such as celery and cabbage are free and unlimited, have as much as you want, no need to count anything in that. (so putting a lot of cabbage in, for example, can help fill you up for free!) and then for higher carb veg like potato and carrot you count cals only, no protein or fat (same with fruit.)
    Hi Atomic, what about rice porridge for breakfast? I make it for my child so might just make for myself too if it’s ok in LE diet

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast