Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you that's really helpful.

I was prepped for surgery today (had bloods taken and weighed etc.) they didn't mention anything about how soon we could TTC, I should have asked but forgot. When I looked online it seemed to say 2 weeks but I know you know your stuff so I will phone them and check, thank you.

Regarding exercise I was going to start walking for an hour or so a day (I figured I should take it a bit easy after the op) but how intense does the cardio need to be for it to sway do you think? Is a brisk walk enough?

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Walking is fine and in fact is my preferred form of exercise. People who try to do too much exercise, too high an intensity often end up injured and there's no evidence it needs to be super strenuous. Most people walk and we get great results with that.

I hope the procedure is very easy on you.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you, all done now and it was actually much easier than I expected. If anyone wants to ask me anything about it feel free to get in touch.

I asked the surgeon and she said we can start trying straight away, but i'm going to take your advice and wait a bit. Not just for healing purposes but also so I can have a good 6 weeks on the diet and exercise plan. I'm planning on doing a vegetarian keto plan to keep blood sugar low all the time. I find that using the ketostix keeps me motivated. Obviously I wouldn't be doing the normal high fat, high protein version of keto, i'd just be eating low glycemic foods (which usually gets me into ketosis anyway). Do you think that's ok?

4. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you for being willing to share your experience.

I can't say if that type of diet is good or not. I just don't have enough experience with it to know for sure. I will be happy to follow along and see how it goes for you though!

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you. It's keeping blood sugar low enough that your body switches to using your fat stores instead of glucose stores all the time. This releases ketones in your urine so you can pee on a stick and it will go pink if you're in a state of ketosis (fat burning mode). It's kind of like confirmation that you're constantly burning fat, I find it motivates me to stay on the wagon. From what i've read I think it fits with the LE diet.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Just to clarify, I know what a keto diet is and how it works. But I don't know how it might sway. We truly do not know how swaying works - there are lots of theories and any, all, none of them may be true. I always strongly hesitate having you guys proceed on theoretical grounds (even when it's theories that I believe in, like blood sugar) unless I've seen it work for tons of people. I can't in good conscience recommend having you guys do anything I haven't seen 7 zillion other people do in the past so I have a good inkling on how it might sway for them. BUT that's your call to make and like I'm saying, I'm looking forward to seeing how you get along!

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Oh no i'm so sorry I totally misunderstood! I must've sounded so patronising haha 🤦*♀️. I find that I don't tend to lose weight unless i'm in ketosis so I think this might be the best thing for me. I'm going to follow all of the LE diet and exercise recommendations i'll just cut out things like fruit and rice. Fingers crossed!

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    No not at all, I should have written it more clearly. I can absolutely see how that might sway pink, it's just that I can't give it my seal of approval without seeing the results firsthand. Good luck and please do keep me posted!

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you! I've started my pink sway again, diet and exercise. I just wanted to double check - am I right in thinking that the focus is on low calorie, low protein and low fat, ideally keeping blood sugar low, but there's not so much of a focus on what type of food to eat is that right? So I can have peanut butter, tomatoes etc? I'm basically doing vegetarian, low protein, low fat, low calorie, low carb as much as possible but within those boundaries not worrying so much about types of foods, does that sound ok?

My routine is basically no breakfast but a couple of black coffees, plus take fibre (psyllium husk) and a folate pill. Celery and peanut butter for lunch or asparagus and eggs or dry fried mushrooms and tomatoes. Dinner is salad or roast veg or crudites with vegan cream cheese or soup (no meat). Diet coke, maybe with a splash of alcohol like vodka in the evening. Does that sound ok? I know it's quite strict but if I eat any more than that I don't lose any weight. After 25 years of yoyo dieting my body is a master of clinging onto fat!

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Ok. The answer is a little more complicated so please bear with me.

The goal of the LE Diet is not quite as you describe. Yes, it is in a way, but we're aiming at simply eating low-normal ranges of a healthy pre-pregnancy diet. The real goal is to gently reduce fertility a little bit. That's the endgame of the diet, exercise, weight loss. Yes, we are also trying to keep blood sugar somewhat lower, but we honestly don't know how these things all mesh together and how much importance to place on say, blood sugar vs. weight loss. Plus, we need to be eating enough to be able to get and stay pregnant!

The diet is not and never has been low carb, either. While most people do end up eating fewer carbs than they were (since they're limiting calories) that does not equate to a low carb diet, since the percentage of carbs most people eat will actually be higher than it was. Eating a diet that is low protein, low fat, and low carb means there is literally nothing to eat, LOL, since all foods fall into one of those three categories (except maybe like celery sticks or whatever). So I am extremely wary when people show up and tell me things like "I'm just going to do low cal, low fat, and low protein" because by and large those people end up starving themselves.

The minimums of the LE Diet are of critical importance. If you exceed those minimums, you're not doing LE Diet, because the most important part of the diet are the minimums. I can't sign off on such a diet, it's totally at your own risk, and it is entirely likely you'll end up delaying or even stopping ovulation totally (even if you have weight to spare). This backfires on people hugely, because then, you've first sent your body a signal that times are bad, really really bad, so bad it better not even take a chance on a pregnancy, and then in order to get ovulation going again, you basically have to reverse that and even if you just eat more normally, you're still going to be improving in condition. So I really strongly urge you guys not to cut back too far.

The absolute barest minimum I'm willing to have anyone go is 1200 calories, 40 g protein, 30 g fat, and only like 1-3% of people should go that low. Low carb vegetables like asparagus, celery, mushrooms, and fresh tomatoes are free and unlimited. They don't count in your calorie totals, have as much of them as you want. But you STILL need to get up to 1200 cals a day because the goal is not just to lose weight. In fact we have good results with LE Diet even when people don't lose weight. The goal is that you can get pregnant at the end of this.

Also, you do not count the protein or fat in fruit and veg. So if you have been, you need to stop counting those things immediately.

I would have you drop fiber. There is no purpose in your taking it in the morning (only taking it with meals containing fat work for swaying) and you're eating so little fat anyway you need every scrap of it. You're also eating lots of fiber rich veggies and they'll fit the bill.

Can you run even just a sample day so we can see how much you're getting?? You may be shocked to see how little you're actually eating.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast