Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ttc #4 in 2020

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Ttc #4 in 2020

Hi everyone,
    I've been reading here for a few weeks, but now i thought i should introduce myself. My hubby and I want to try for another baby in July 2020.
    We have three kids, a girl and two boys and I would like to give it a try for pink. Although I would be just as happy with a boy.
    I already thought about it a lot and i am totally happy with our way. The only difficulty for me is, that so many people seem to think that 4 kids (oftentimes 3) is way too much. That bothers me more than it should. Maybe some of you know this problem, would be nice to read something encouraging.

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi and welcome! I wouldn't mind what other people say. People will always have their opinions and will give it, wanted or not. My MIL made a comment recently how my DH and I don't "need" a fourth child simply because we're busy enough. We also used to get a ton of comments from strangers about having three boys but not as much anymore. Don't let the opinions of others drag you down. If you and your DH want another baby, go for it! Good luck and pink dust!
    '12
    '14
    '15 '15 '16
    🌈 '17 (LE sway opposite)

Dreaming of pink through HT or adoption
    FET January 2021: 1 HBAA XX - BFN
    FET #2 August 2022: 1 HBAA XX - BFP!

3. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    i have 8 and get comments all the time, some nice-some not so nice! people will comment no matter what, dont let it get to you you aren't having your family to please others. good luck with your sway!
    now 6blue5pink

5. Thanks atomic sagebrush thanked for this post
    Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    People can be such idiots sometimes and have an opinion on everything. Your family is nobody else's business!
    I think it's awesome that you would like to have one more!
    Someone once said to me that you only regret the children you didn't have, never the ones you've got - and I think it's oh so true.
    If you and your husband would both like to have a fourth one, go for it!

Fingers crossed for a pink bundle

7. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you all so much for your nice words, they really made me feel a little better with our decision. I know people give stupid comments all the time, even if you have just one child! I think it's more when the people who are close to me say something without thinking first, that hurts. But I know I should grow a thicker skin 😉
    This is such a great site, you ladies here are so nice and helpful. It really feels great coming here. 😊
    I have one question, I think I would start LE diet maybe in spring next year. Is there something maybe I could start now? I am already a vegetarian (for many years). Would it help if I ate less dairy and eggs? Or would that be stupid, I don't know? I don't think I could go full vegan, I just love cheese and eggs.

9. Likes 4blue2pink, atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi and welcome! Let me know how I can help!

Many of us have the experience of people thinking we have too many kids. This often fades away as our kids get older and people get used to the idea of what our family looks like. Having a lot of kids can be busy, but at the same time it's also very helpful because they can keep each other busy playing and there are more people to do chores around the house and stuff! (not to mention hand me downs!)
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you very much Atomic. It's nice to read. 😊
    Well I do have a few questions, although I plan to start the "real" sway in spring next year. But, maybe there are a few things I could do, that would already sway pink?
    I've seen you recommend going vegetarian for some people (that aren't sure when they will ttc or that have a past with eating disorders). Well I already conceived all three kids eating vegetarian. Should I eat less dairy and eggs? Or wouldn't that make a difference?
    Apart from that, I am still breastfeeding my 9 month old. And I almost always skip breakfast (because I have no time &#129315.
    Thank you advance!

12. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I would just have you stay vegetarian. Swaying is like an iceberg, the things we see (like vegetarian diet) are so much smaller than the stuff under the water. So we can't ever just look at anyone's diet and say "well, they were vegetarian, this means a vegetarian diet doesn't work for them". Being a vegetarian may have been (and according to studies, WAS) swaying pink for you, but there was other stuff going on, plus luck, that in the end you conceived blue.

Breastfeeding a 9 month old means I want you to continue eating dairy and eggs. You are not swaying for quite some time, I don't want you to get restrictive on your diet at this point. Stay the course, keep doing what you're doing, including skipping breakfast if that's working for you, then when the time is right you can go on the full LE Diet at that point. For now keep doing what you're doing, you need to recover and your baby needs the milk supply to stay up. Plus eating more cals and fat in particular will help your ovulation to come back (if it hasn't already).
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi and welcome!

We will be trying for #4 in July 2020 also - and I have three girls so you are welcome to alllll the pink dust you'd like
    People will always find a way to snark at you - they're really just projecting their own insecurities or desires (might be jealous you get to have XX many kids,such genders etc) on you...

Good luck!
    Lucky Mummy to 4 sweet divas
    (2013) (2015) (2018) (2021)
    (July 2014) (November 2023)
    Our sway didn’t work for #3 & we had a little oops for #4 but we love them all to bits... not sure if we ever will but somehow hoping we might add blue to the crew, to complete our family, one day...

Fingers crossed for TTC #5 (again) for early 2024!

15. Thanks atomic sagebrush thanked for this post
    Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks,
    Great that you will also be trying for #4.
    Yes I know some people just have to make a comment no matter what. I really have to stop listening. Other people even asked when I will have a fourth (quite short after delivery, not a good moment&#128514.
    No, the more time passes (and baby boy gets bigger and bigger) the more I love the idea of having another. ❤
    Thanks for the pink dust. 😉
    You will be trying for blue?
    If so take all my blue dust. 💙
    Good luck!

17. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast