Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yes it's best to wean off stuff but you're likely in the process of adjusting now. I'd just stay the course, your body will want to fix stuff and so over time it will. Just that sometimes it takes a cycle or two (especially after having had the IUD for several years, that alone can make for some goofy cycles). Keep me posted and let me know how it's going.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by atomic sagebrush View Post
    Yes it's best to wean off stuff but you're likely in the process of adjusting now. I'd just stay the course, your body will want to fix stuff and so over time it will. Just that sometimes it takes a cycle or two (especially after having had the IUD for several years, that alone can make for some goofy cycles). Keep me posted and let me know how it's going.
    So I ended up with the flu during O week. My OPK didn’t peak until CD22. I didn’t get my 21 day blood draw because I was sick. The closest to O that I managed to BD was four days before O. I started spotting at 11 dpo, and I thought I might actually be pregnant, but then my AF came at 13 dpo, which means my luteal phase was shorter than usual. Is this common with Clomid? Or did I miss my peak earlier? My OPK wasn’t dark at all before, so i don’t see how I could have.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    13 DPO is a normal luteal phase. That is nothing to worry about. Even with spotting starting at 11 DPO, that is no big deal at all

But YES you absolutely CAN have false negative OPK and so you can miss the peak, only getting a positive later on. You could have had your first peak a day or two sooner, just not had enough concentration of hormone in your urine for the test to register, but in your blood****** it was concentrated enough to trigger ovulation. YOu could have ovulated before you even got a positive on the test. All the tests pick up is hormone at a certain concentration in your urine, NOT whether or not you've ovulated yet.

Clomid for most people lengthens their LP. A few people, particualrly those who are not eating enough fat, can develop a shorter LP on Cloimd and the solution to that problem is being sure you are eating enough fat (50-60 g) and adding a serving of full fat dairy every day, and 4-6 eggs a week. Some people also add in a serving of salmon or red meat.

But I don't think you need to do that with a 13 day LP!

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    13 DPO is a normal luteal phase. That is nothing to worry about. Even with spotting starting at 11 DPO, that is no big deal at all

But YES you absolutely CAN have false negative OPK and so you can miss the peak, only getting a positive later on. You could have had your first peak a day or two sooner, just not had enough concentration of hormone in your urine for the test to register, but in your blood****** it was concentrated enough to trigger ovulation. YOu could have ovulated before you even got a positive on the test. All the tests pick up is hormone at a certain concentration in your urine, NOT whether or not you've ovulated yet.

Clomid for most people lengthens their LP. A few people, particualrly those who are not eating enough fat, can develop a shorter LP on Cloimd and the solution to that problem is being sure you are eating enough fat (50-60 g) and adding a serving of full fat dairy every day, and 4-6 eggs a week. Some people also add in a serving of salmon or red meat.

But I don't think you need to do that with a 13 day LP!
    I’ve been eating mostly vegetarian with my fat sources coming from butter, olive oil and cheese mostly. I guess I’m just used to my 15 day LP. My doctor wants me to do another round of Clomid, so I’ll start that today.

5. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Great! Keep me posted on how you're getting along!

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Great! Keep me posted on how you're getting along!
    I’m on to round three of Clomid (going up to 100 mg). My 21 day blood test showed I ovulated, but I didn’t conceive this cycle. I never got EWCM any of my cycles. I was thinking of using preseed this month. Will that hurt my sway too much? I know Clomid can change CM, so I thought it might improve my odds of conceiving.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Tell me everything you're doing before we decide about the Preseed. Even if it seems unimportant.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12