Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Just Saying Hey

Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Just Saying Hey

Hello!

We are trying to sway blue after only one daughter but we want to be two and through. I am in interested in purchasing a customized plan but I have a few questions first.

My LO is only 9 months and I’m nursing. I plan to ween her at a year then track for a while. Our goal is to start ttc in the summer to land a spring/summer baby. My question is when I should purchase the plan.

Would it be beneficial to purchase it now and start making changes? I read some where on this forum that blue sway is a 6 to 8 week diet. I also know new information and updates occur all the time so should I just wait til closer?

Thank you!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I like you guys to wait 18 months between kiddos for blue.

Some people buy plans a year or more in advance, others do it at the last minute. I think it's best to have a plan in place to enable yourself to sway for 3 months before trying. We really have it pretty dialed in now - I haven't changed much in the past couple years and I don't forsee changing anything dramatically between then and now, either. It's all about what will work better for you - if it gives you peace of mind having a plan to fall back on sooner I can absolutely do that, or we can wait till nearer in - but I wouldn't wait till a couple weeks before, that's the only thing to avoid. Good luck and blue dust headed your way!
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you!! She will be 18 months in July so that should be about perfect for us. I was thinking maybe once she is weened, I will buy a plan. It’ll be much easier to change things and/or add supplements then. That’ll give me a solid 6 months too.

Thanks again for your quick response!

4. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Great! Looking forward to it!

Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I was thinking of getting on birth control in the mean time. Thoughts?

I got my first post partum period in sept so I’ve only been tracking since then. This month I ovulated 8 days sooner than the last so we had a scare. I was wondering if it might be worth it til maybe May or so? That’d still give me time to track til ttc (July/Augustish).

I’m also considering buying a plan soon. I’m just kind of excited and have already been implementing a diet anyway. For what I could read the biggest concern with starting a diet early is weight gain which I’m not concerned because I think I’m fairly active.

Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I was thinking of getting on birth control in the mean time. Thoughts?

I got my first post partum period in sept so I’ve only been tracking since then. This month I ovulated 8 days sooner than the last so we had a scare. I was wondering if it might be worth it til maybe May or so? That’d still give me time to track til ttc (July/Augustish).

I’m also considering buying a plan soon. I’m just kind of excited and have already been implementing a diet anyway. For what I could read the biggest concern with starting a diet early is weight gain which I’m not concerned because I think I’m fairly active. With me BF for now, I just don’t want you to draft a plan then have to make a bunch of changes when I ween. Unless there isn’t much that would change? I just don’t want to make extra work. Do you have a personal preference?

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I would suggest using barrier method contraception (condom, sponge, diaphragm) or even pullout instead of the hormonal BC. The residue of them may sway somewhat pink and it can take months till it works itself out. But if you prefer the hormonal BC that's fine too, since you'll be off it in May to be TTC in July or August.

I do want to point out too that a) there's no point in tracking your cycle really as it doesn't help for swaying and b) if you go onto hormonal BC and then come off it, the tracking will be totally useless. It's normal for the cycle to be off for at least 2-3 months after being on hormonal BC

You absolutely can do HE Diet type changes (and SHOULD!!) right away. Eating more healthy options, eating smaller more frequent meals rather than starving and then binging (many moms of girls will eat one huge meal a day or barely anything for several days and then a day of binging). You don't have to gain weight on an HE Diet...in fact most of us with boys eat that way all the time and don't gain on it. Just eat smarter, not harder - focus on nutrient dense choices and keep sugar/carbs (even supposed boy foods like bananas!) to a minimum.

Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Ok! I was thinking tracking to know when I ovulate but as I’m thinking of it, I probably won’t need to track until that the month I TTC, right?

I thought I read something about the hormones in semen possibly being good for a sway. It kind of indicates to my body that there is a steady relationship. This must be another tactic I won’t need to worry about to that month?

Thanks for the info!

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yeah if you're really not used to the OPK it can be a good idea to play with them going in, but just don't expect that your cycle will always be (or ever be) the same from month to month.

The hormones in semen ARE good for a blue sway. But what most of us with all boys do (myself included) is DTD unprotected out of the fertile window, and then when we're fertile, we use some type of temporary, non hormonal birth control. This does require some care about when you have intercourse though!!

Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Ok. That makes sense. I don’t really know when my fertile window is bc OPKs only give you a day or so notice which is why BC entered my mind. Unless I tried the digital ones which are alleged to give you a 5 day window?

What if I used a barrier until the month or two before ttc? Or is it better to have as many months as possible in your experience? I will figure out something either way. I was just curious what steps I could take in the mean time.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast