Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Hello :)

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Twobeautifulboys View Post
    Ah I see, I’m based in the UK and I’m not sure how easy it is to get hold of here!
    while I don't endorse this, some have ordered it online or gotten it from Spain where it's available over the counter.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    1)coconut stuff is fine within the limits of the diet. All foods are allowed within limits of LE Diet.

2)While on average older couples have slightly more girls than is statistically expected, this is MINOR and not the kind of thing a year could make any appreciable difference with. I would not ever postpone a sway for that reason, it's too unreliable. Breastfeeding does sway pink but that too is a minor thing and not anything to rush over. I think it's best for you to TTC when it's best for your family's needs since none of these things are magic bullets. (I do think breastfeeding sways much more than a years' difference in age, though, so there's that if it's any help)

3)We can adjust the diet accordingly to keep weight on. I want you on 2000 cals a day, 65 g fat and protein till your cycle resumes. (do NOT count protein and fat in fruit and veg, and calories too in low carb veg. Low carb veg are free and unlimited.) This is slightly beyond the limit of LE Diet (just barely) but I don't want you to eat any less till your cycle comes back. Then we can also do exercise starting 6 weeks before TTC. Since you have a history of PCO I would have you do whole grains most of the time instead of white refined ones, full fat dairy instead of skim or part skim, and limit sugar somewhat (like, don't live on gummy worms or whatever) but you don't need to completely avoid white grains entirely or sugar entirely. It's a kind of modified alt. diet.

I would have you do the every 4 day method but do it 96 hours apart (so counting Monday/Friday instead of Monday/Thursday). This will for sure be one attempt in the fertile window but will be a less control freakish way to go than trying to hit one attempt on a certain day.

I agree I do not want you to chart your cycle. The cutoffs don't work anyway, especially when done with cervical mucus. Studies have shown cervical mucus can only pinpoint day of O 1 out of 3 times and predicting cutoffs using CM is impossible, it just doesn't work. People ahve too wide a variation in CM patterns.

We do see an overall trend of more anxious/control freak/OCD people having boys, but it's not set in stone and many of us still get girls. That's not a dealbreaker at all but I would not have you chart and do the e4d method instead, that's for sure.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    We are also now veggie and hubby is too (was eating meat and a lot of dairy with both my boys). My last boy was one attempt too but I was quite obsessive about charting and also my diet was very different to what it is now! I’m hoping it might help. Did you do anything else for your sway last time? I don’t think they would give me medication either due to breastfeeding plus my periods were quite regular once back.

The thing I am going to struggle with is the skipping breakfast and exercising too ha ha I find eating little and often helps as I have ibs so I might have to do 4 meals! Hubby is really sceptical. He wasn’t sure about three kids but just coming around to the idea!
    I would rather see you guys do 4 meals and stick with over time than to try to cut back too far and end up giving up in frustration. Do the doable and it's still a different pattern than the type of all day every day eating many of us do with all boys

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    (I say veggie but I’m still eating fish or seafood a couple times a week so will be cutting that out)
    I would keep doing that since you're breastfeeding. 2x a week within limits of the diet.

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by atomic sagebrush View Post
    1)coconut stuff is fine within the limits of the diet. All foods are allowed within limits of LE Diet.

2)While on average older couples have slightly more girls than is statistically expected, this is MINOR and not the kind of thing a year could make any appreciable difference with. I would not ever postpone a sway for that reason, it's too unreliable. Breastfeeding does sway pink but that too is a minor thing and not anything to rush over. I think it's best for you to TTC when it's best for your family's needs since none of these things are magic bullets. (I do think breastfeeding sways much more than a years' difference in age, though, so there's that if it's any help)

3)We can adjust the diet accordingly to keep weight on. I want you on 2000 cals a day, 65 g fat and protein till your cycle resumes. (do NOT count protein and fat in fruit and veg, and calories too in low carb veg. Low carb veg are free and unlimited.) This is slightly beyond the limit of LE Diet (just barely) but I don't want you to eat any less till your cycle comes back. Then we can also do exercise starting 6 weeks before TTC. Since you have a history of PCO I would have you do whole grains most of the time instead of white refined ones, full fat dairy instead of skim or part skim, and limit sugar somewhat (like, don't live on gummy worms or whatever) but you don't need to completely avoid white grains entirely or sugar entirely. It's a kind of modified alt. diet.

I would have you do the every 4 day method but do it 96 hours apart (so counting Monday/Friday instead of Monday/Thursday). This will for sure be one attempt in the fertile window but will be a less control freakish way to go than trying to hit one attempt on a certain day.

I agree I do not want you to chart your cycle. The cutoffs don't work anyway, especially when done with cervical mucus. Studies have shown cervical mucus can only pinpoint day of O 1 out of 3 times and predicting cutoffs using CM is impossible, it just doesn't work. People ahve too wide a variation in CM patterns.

We do see an overall trend of more anxious/control freak/OCD people having boys, but it's not set in stone and many of us still get girls. That's not a dealbreaker at all but I would not have you chart and do the e4d method instead, that's for sure.
    Thank you so much for getting back to me with this! All sounds great 👍 and IÂ’m glad itÂ’s just the 6 weeks of exercise as thatÂ’s much more manageable. I do tend to eat whole grains so thatÂ’s good. But I probably should cut down on the amount of sweets I eat! The only thing is that after going so long without dairy I now canÂ’t stomach it myself at all, so IÂ’m completely dairy free, so wouldnÂ’t be able to do the full fat dairy. I tend to do Alpro coconut or almond milk which is fortified with B12, calcium and vitamin D. Or I could have rice or hemp milk? May need to get an unfortified version nearer the time.

Does b12 sway at all? IÂ’m not currently taking any vitamins or supplements but a lot of the vegan substitutes I eat add b12.

What are your thoughts on the theory that more girls are born during the Autumn/Winter months? Do you think it holds any weight? My boys were Spring and Summer babies so IÂ’d love an Autumn/Winter baby but IÂ’m not sure whether we will feel ready to try next Spring, but waiting a whole extra year is a long time.

The every 4 day method sounds like a good plan, so we would dtd on the Monday then the Friday then the Tuesday then the Saturday and so on?

The other things I was thinking of including are - coffee, alcohol, getting hubby to cycle (6 weeks too?)

ThereÂ’s so many boyÂ’s on my husbandÂ’s side (no girls for three generations) that I do think there must be a slight sway towards boys. Whether itÂ’s the sperm or a lifestyle environmental thing. But I have three sisters and one brother so more girls on my MumÂ’s side.

Thanks again!

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    No worries, you can have the milk replacers, but do watch them as some of them are quite carby. (rice milk, for instance, is very carby) Most milk replacerss are fortified, it's just the nature of the beast. Dairy is fortified too. It's not the type of thing like power bars and breakfast cereal taht's really the same as taking a vitamin. We allow milk and milk replacers in limits..

Some sweets are ok for you, but some swayers do this form of LE Diet where they eat LOTS of sugar and this would not be a good idea for you (or really, anyone, I vastly prefer everyone do a more balanced diet and avoid doing the LE Diet in a form where it ends up being cucumbers and gummy worms!!!)

B12 may sway blue but the amounts added to ~most~ foods are ok. I would not deliberately take a B12 supp and I do think it's one of the benefits of eating more vegetarian, but it's ok to still get some B12 from various sources.

A couple pretty good studies indicated that there was a girl peak of conceptions in March-May. (culminating in births in very late fall and winter) But that having been said, this was a SMALL variation. The interesting thing is that it's stayed consistent over years and what it may tell us about how swaying works, NOT that you MUST get pregnant in those months becuase it's in any way a magic bullet. It was only about 1-2% difference. I think that swaying via lifestyle changes vastly outweighs things like months of conception. I got my girl in a boy peak month and two boys in the girl peak.

Yes that's right M/F/T/Sa and so on.

coffee, alcohol, cycling all good tactics.

It's likely not genetics and you can read why here: https://www.genderdreaming.com/forum...make-boys.html But yes some families do have statistically more of one gender, likely due to lifestyle commonalities. But this does not mean you can't have a girl! SO many people have told me this exact thing only to have a girl even when they were sure they "couldn't."

My pleasure, let me know how I can help.

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

No worries, you can have the milk replacers, but do watch them as some of them are quite carby. (rice milk, for instance, is very carby) Most milk replacerss are fortified, it's just the nature of the beast. Dairy is fortified too. It's not the type of thing like power bars and breakfast cereal taht's really the same as taking a vitamin. We allow milk and milk replacers in limits..

Some sweets are ok for you, but some swayers do this form of LE Diet where they eat LOTS of sugar and this would not be a good idea for you (or really, anyone, I vastly prefer everyone do a more balanced diet and avoid doing the LE Diet in a form where it ends up being cucumbers and gummy worms!!!)

B12 may sway blue but the amounts added to ~most~ foods are ok. I would not deliberately take a B12 supp and I do think it's one of the benefits of eating more vegetarian, but it's ok to still get some B12 from various sources.

A couple pretty good studies indicated that there was a girl peak of conceptions in March-May. (culminating in births in very late fall and winter) But that having been said, this was a SMALL variation. The interesting thing is that it's stayed consistent over years and what it may tell us about how swaying works, NOT that you MUST get pregnant in those months becuase it's in any way a magic bullet. It was only about 1-2% difference. I think that swaying via lifestyle changes vastly outweighs things like months of conception. I got my girl in a boy peak month and two boys in the girl peak.

Yes that's right M/F/T/Sa and so on.

coffee, alcohol, cycling all good tactics.

It's likely not genetics and you can read why here: https://www.genderdreaming.com/forum...make-boys.html But yes some families do have statistically more of one gender, likely due to lifestyle commonalities. But this does not mean you can't have a girl! SO many people have told me this exact thing only to have a girl even when they were sure they "couldn't."

My pleasure, let me know how I can help.
    Great thank you. IÂ’m thinking may opt for hazelnut or almond milk as IÂ’ve found some which are non fortified here which are also really yummy.

Thanks thatÂ’s good to know, so many ppl I know have had girl Autumn or Winter babies!

Using the ovulation testers with the smiley faces - do you think I should avoid these also? Not charting all cycle just around ovulation. I do tend to get ovulation pain so I can sort of tell anyway! I know itÂ’s silly as has been debunked but IÂ’m still keen to avoid peak ovulation as thatÂ’s when I got pregnant with both my boys!

8. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    No, I prefer you use OPK. O pains can get you in the neighborhood, but having an attempt O-3 is much lower chances than at positive OPK, for instance, and many people get O Pains after ovulation has already happened and the egg is dead by then. But you do not need to chart to use OPK.

"Peak ovulation" for timing for swaying is NOT positive OPK. Positive OPK comes about 1-2 days prior to O. Even more so, if you intend to avoid ovulation, you are going to want to use OPK since just guessing will not tell you how many days you are from O.

And just to clarify, tons of people say "but I got my boys around ovulation". That doesn't mean anything. The fact is we can only get pregnant for 3-4 days in the cycle max, and most conceptions (of either gender) are on only 2 cycle days, O-1 and O-2. If you include O Day in there, those three days account for the vast majority of all conceptions. So when people tell me they got their boys around ovulation, that is meaningless because everyone got every baby around ovulation. It is impossible to get any babies with those long cutoffs, and the peopel who say they got pregnant with cutoffs of 4 or more days are simply wrong about when they ovulated. Even most of the people who think they got pregnant with a 3 day cutoff got their O day wrong. So please don't get too hung up on trying to have sex way away from ovulation, because you will not conceive doing that.

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    No, I prefer you use OPK. O pains can get you in the neighborhood, but having an attempt O-3 is much lower chances than at positive OPK, for instance, and many people get O Pains after ovulation has already happened and the egg is dead by then. But you do not need to chart to use OPK.

"Peak ovulation" for timing for swaying is NOT positive OPK. Positive OPK comes about 1-2 days prior to O. Even more so, if you intend to avoid ovulation, you are going to want to use OPK since just guessing will not tell you how many days you are from O.

And just to clarify, tons of people say "but I got my boys around ovulation". That doesn't mean anything. The fact is we can only get pregnant for 3-4 days in the cycle max, and most conceptions (of either gender) are on only 2 cycle days, O-1 and O-2. If you include O Day in there, those three days account for the vast majority of all conceptions. So when people tell me they got their boys around ovulation, that is meaningless because everyone got every baby around ovulation. It is impossible to get any babies with those long cutoffs, and the peopel who say they got pregnant with cutoffs of 4 or more days are simply wrong about when they ovulated. Even most of the people who think they got pregnant with a 3 day cutoff got their O day wrong. So please don't get too hung up on trying to have sex way away from ovulation, because you will not conceive doing that.
    Hello again! Thanks for the info and sorry that I never replied back. I’m finally getting hubby onboard to try for a third child, but it’s looking like we might try next Spring, so I’d start swaying next Winter.

Just a quick question on exercise. At the moment all I’m doing is some gentle walking with the buggy, probably about an hour once or twice a week. I plan to start a yoga class soon but that’s mainly for enjoyment rather than swaying...I’d like to take up running again as I used to really enjoy it. So my question is would I need to do an hour of running on top of the walking or can the gentle walking count as the hour? At the moment I’ll only do this every now and again but I plan to increase it nearer the time.

Fasting - nearer the time I’m thinking of eating dinner with my boys at 5.30pm then not eating anything until the morning at say 8am. I could push it a bit further depending how I feel. I think I’ll struggle to skip breakfast. Is that enough fasting time?

Thanks!

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    No worries, it's not your job to get back to me, it's my job to get back to you LOL.

Walking for an hour is a great form of exercise. Definitely allowed.

It's fine to eat an early dinner and then have breakfast. It's the overnight time that matters and not the time of day you eat. We say "skip breakfast" only because most of us have found that easier than eating dinner early, but please do whichever option works best for you.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast