Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

DH helping out here - Team Sway Blue!

Hello community!

My wife and I read Shettles and another Ovulation book but once I came across Gender Diet information it was game changing. There is too much confusion out on the web for swaying...no calcium for a boy - eat tons a salt, etc etc.

I was lucky enough to be reading another article (forget where) and the mother-to-be mentioned this site. Here we are!

I bought the complete boy package on the main website but haven't received a link to fill out my questionnaire or access to private coaching. Can someone please assist?

I'll throw some facts/questions out to this community:
    We are strict vegetarians - any posts to help guide us through swaying on this diet?
    Is there a post to go over all of the abbreviations used on the site and plans (newbie question - I'm sorry)
    The calcium and sweets debate -- my wife basically stopped eating dairy and is staying away from sweets...I mean come one - its the holiday season and she's killing herself!!! FYI: We are aiming for March as the target conception month.

I'm sure more will come up but this is just the start of our journey.

Thank you to everyone in advance.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Ok, here I am, ready to answer your swaying questions!

Most of us on here have Shettles opposites (myself included - I have 4!!) It just doesn't work and it has been as debunked as it's possible for something in science to BE debunked. Fine if you want to include it, but not anything to rely upon that's for sure. Full explanation here: https://www.genderdreaming.com/forum...le-timing.html

The calcium and sodium thing doesn't work either. It was based on animals that don't even reproduce like human beings do - that actually switch their genders from male to female based on minerals in the water (like sea slugs and frogs). Many of us (again, including me) have mineral diet opposites. I got all four of my boys with tons of dairy, with my last two boys I was taking high doses of cal-mag supplements, and with my 4th boy I was also limiting sodium. Then with my daughter I gave that all up (so did my husband who always had tons of dairy) and we were eating gobs of sodium. The best study ever done on maternal diet and gender conceived, and indeed the ONLY one ever done by someone who wasn't trying to sell a gender swaying diet, found that women who went on to conceive boys had the most intake of all nutrients, including calcium and magnesium.

So while I do let you guys include that stuff SOMEWHAT if you absolutely must, for blue swayers in particular the mineral diets make me nervous because the blue mineral diet is terribly unhealthy. Limiting calcium and magnesium does not change the amount of calcium in your body at all. If calcium gets out of a very narrow range, you will actually DIE. The body just takes calcium and magnesium from what is stored in bones (harming your wife's long term health and bone mass) and the levels stay the same. And when you eat a lot of sodium and potassium, the body just excretes the excess. They just don't work and I have an essay with a longer explanation here: https://www.genderdreaming.com/forum...s-edition.html (this is a pink essay but is helpful for blue as well.)

You can absolutely still conceive a boy even as a strict vegetarian or vegan. Just be sure you're taking a multivitamin and if at all possible, INCREASE the amount of animal-based fats in your diet such as butter or ghee and other dairy fats (full fat dairy only, no skim). Coconut oil if you can't/don't eat those things. IT IS IMPERATIVE you do not have a lot of milk replacers like coconut, almond, rice, or soy milk. They are loaded with vegetable oil fats and we saw a disproportionate number of opposites in the group of people ingesting the most milk replacers.

Abbreviations are here: https://www.genderdreaming.com/forum...n-Translation=

I can PROMISE you that practically all of us on here (many of us have 2-3-4 boys or even more!!) ate sweets. Boy moms tend to be big eaters and enjoy our noms a lot. The entire idea that "sweets sway pink" has NEVER EVER been proven and is based on the pH diet which again, has been totally debunked. Full explanation here: https://www.genderdreaming.com/forum...ph-pickle.html

Some moms of girls tend to be very light eaters and then eat ONLY or mostly sweets/carbs. For example (this is what you DON"T want your wife to be eating for a boy):

Skip breakfast
    The patented girl mom lunch of a candy bar and Diet Coke for dinner
    A salad (usually with fat free or vegetable oil dressing) or small amount of low-fat/veg oil sauced pasta for dinner
    Candy/cookies for dessert

But it has NOTHING to do with eating sugar. That type of diet is also very low in nutrients, in "good" fats, very very low protein, and often low in calories as well (despite containing sugar!) And moms of girls will often eat this way as the rule, not the exception, for months on end.

An example of the way I would eat (and I have 4 boys) when I got my boys:

Always ate breakfast - usually nuts or cheese ****s with tea and often fruit too
    midmorning snack - usually had a candy bar with sweetened green tea/Dr. Pepper or some other carby snack like Wheat Thins or that type of thing
    Lunch - a big sandwich or two (usually lunch meat/tuna/peanut butter), leftover dinner entrees, guacamole/chips, burritos/tacos, a big salad with full fat dressing and salmon or cheese/dried fruit (had this 1-2 times a week) and I nearly always had a Dr. Pepper with that
    Dinner - I would have whatever I made for my family - stir fries, Mexican food, spaghetti or lasagna, pizza, chicken dishes, burgers, etc. (always had cheese!) Would drink Dr. Pepper or juice, and we did sometimes have dessert as well.
    Bedtime snack - I had either a bowl of cereal (often with blueberries) or full fat yogurt with blueberries and sugar.

Now, obviously this is not going to be what you guys eat since you're vegetarians, and your wife can't eat that much as she has a different metabolism than I do . But it just shows the type of foods that people who are having boys are eating - I definitely NEVER avoided sugar and in fact ate quite a bit of it. And this is very much in line with the type of diets the blue mamas eat across the boards. There is just NO WAY that those mineral diets work, they are so incredibly restrictive and they don't mesh with the way we are eating in the real world.

So a vegetarian diet that may work for you would be:

Breakfast:

1/4-1/2 nuts
    OR 2-4 oz. cheese ****s
    or eggs (I think I read you guys didn't eat eggs, though)
    OR peanut butter oatmeal
    OR yogurt with fruit (full fat only)
    Or a smoothie (no flaxseed, though, please avoid flax and protein powders)

with tea, fruit juice, or milk

Lunch:

Sandwich/soup/salad with some kind of protein in it (peas, nuts, beans)
    Bagel and cream cheese
    Burrito or vegetarian wrap (such as hummus or baba ganoush or cheese)
    Leftover dinner options

Dinner:

Some kind of dish with protein, fat, calories, and lots of nutrients in it (stir fry, casserole, pasta, that kind of thing)

Then you could sneak in 1-3 snacks over the course of the day. These don't have to be massive but just a little something (preferably with both carbs and protein in it) like a small candy bar with nuts, a Larabar (most protein bars have soy protein which should be avoided, but nut based bars are fine) a piece or two of cheese/fruit, a small serving of cereal/yogurt, etc.

All you do to make the HE Diet vegetarian friendly is take the basic principles and use vegetable based proteins (and any animal products you do eat) to fulfill your needs. The principles stay the same!
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

3. Likes SwayBoy liked this post
    Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Love love love this!! Ugh. Thank you so much. I had a feeling the mineral diets were not factual.

For example I am the only son (youngest) with 4 older sisters. My mother can tell you 35 years ago that she didn't "sway" by any means but she gained a ton of weight and was eating well before I was born. Well if that isn't science than what is?

You are going to make my wife a very happy lady tonight. She basically has to eat healthy, full meals plus snacks. Period. End of story. Very easy to pull off after reading your note.

We don't drink fake milk - fine on that front. Being Indian means we eat our fair share of ghee and fresh hot breads.

Don't eat eggs - and heard tofu isn't ideal for blue sways. I can load her up on beans, nuts, cheeses which are full of protein but no to soy/tofu?

No to protein powders even if they are plant based pea proteins not whey? Please let me know as I was planning on making her peanut butter banana protein smoothies every morning.

We don't do fish oil but do algal oil - actually a few studies say algae oil is better since the fish eat the algae for starters any way. It's more expensive but she took it throughout her pregnant and it's safe to say our DD is a little too wise sometimes.

We have to do EPO or flaxseed oil but you mention no flax. Should we just do EPO then?

Co Q 10 supplements are hard to find in the 30 - 50mg range in vegetarian form. If her and I both end up taking 100mg a day is that cool?

Her vitamin code raw prenatal clocks her in with 1,400 IU of Vit D. A bit over the 1,000 IU mark. Trust that's ok as well.

By the way you have given us such a sense of relief. Finally, we have an experienced teacher in our corner. Thank you.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    EXACTLY! NO other people on Planet Earth are eating these nutso super restrictive diets and yet most couples have boys and girls without really even thinking about it and probably couldn't even tell you whether they'd eaten any differently.

great with the ghee!! It's my fave cooking fat for blue.

Tofu is fine 2-3 times per week. I don't want you having it several times a day but 2-3 per week has gotten fine results for us.

Whey is better than pea. In order of preference: Best, is whey, then pea, then soy. Soy I'd avoid except for less processed foods like tofu.

Algal oil is great!

That is one thing I'd change in the personalized plan. Since you're vegetarians, you'll already be getting a fair bit of vegetable based fats so I don't want you on EPO or flaxseed at all. (Flax should be avoided by everyone except for in dietary amounts only 2-3 times per week for anyone pregnant or trying! Flaxseed and oil has been linked to birth defects and premature labor) Skip that part of the directions in the premade plan and take a half-dose of the algal oil (250 mg or 500 every other day)

Yes we've been having a time finding the lower dose coq10 lately (it used to only be available in those doses only a couple years ago). Go ahead and take 100 1x a day for both of you.

I cannot stand Vitamin Code Raw. I hate it, it's my least fave prenatal on the market. I would have her wean off that and find something that has more like 100% of most nutrients without those megadoses and herbs in it. While Vitamin Code is not quite as bad as some of them in terms of the megadoses of nutrients, it has tons of herbs/veg including many things that sway pink no one who is trying to conceive a boy should be taking them (and I'd prefer no one ever took them even when pregnant as they are not tested adequately for safety IMO).

I'd definitely add in a separate probiotic since the Vitamin Code has probiotic in it. Probiotics were very blue friendly for us. But yes to answer your question, the 1400IU was actually ok as well.

It's my pleasure to help and I've got that message in to switch your plan over ASAP!!! I'll start working on it in the meanwhile so I can get it to you as quick as I can.

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Glad I have you on my side...I'm going to wean her off the Vitamin Code Raw and move to something more generic. I can see how all of the other "herbs" and add-ons could seriously mess with a sway. Can you please recommend a prenatal that gets the job done and is perhaps vegetarian-friendly?

I believe this is a good start and a lot of your feedback will get recapped in the personal plan.

Hope you have a great evening!

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    General question about having more sex often can sway boy. We don't DTD often TBH. With a toddler and having stressful jobs we like winding down to sleep more often than anything else.

Do you see how I'm starting to get the abbreviations better? Stick with me atomic this papa will make you proud!!

Back to my question, lol - our target month is March plus wifey thinks she is fertile right now / doesn't want to DTD.

We are actually scared TBH as DD was conceived 5 days before ovulation. We only did it once that cycle and looking back at her calendar she said we were in the O-4 or O-5 range...that makes us nervous to try every 2 or 4 days...ahhh!!!!

Is that absolutely a must? Can we use protection? Pull out?

Help me out here ladies. Any one successfully sway boy without doing it unprotected every 2-4 days?

Thanks!

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I can't recommend brands really because there are so many of them and I can never be sure what people have available. I just spent 10 minutes looking and saw several that were ok but I don't know what is available to you. if you send me a link I can check to be sure it's ok. But just aim at about 100% most nutrients, ok to get more of the Vit. D, and then no added herbs in it.

It is incredibly common for girl parents to not DTD that much. You're not alone with that at all.

(yes excellent work on the abbreviations! I'm so proud! )

I suspect your wife likely ovulated earlier than she thought in the month you conceived. The charts are not always accurate to the day of ovulation, so it could have been a couple days closer. The odds of conceiving from intercourse 5 days before are 1 in 10,000 according to a new study.

But to answer your question it's fine not to do that if you aren't comfy with it. Timing doesn't work but I understand it's hard to give up on, so if you'd like to use non-spermicide protection or pullout that's fine too. Just be sure you're not going a really long time without releasing. A lot of our blue swayers prefer not to do the every 2-4 day BD (even though that's what many of us myself included did to get our boys) and stick with timing in the fertile window. Totally your call to make!

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks Atomic!

We are both actually switching over to One a Day vitamins. Sorry you had to look for over 10 minutes.

I'll send you links to the Folate, and other supps I bought today a little later.

Is there any easy way to see if she reacts to positive/negative ions from the moon cycles? I'm throwing the BS flag on it but just curious if you know of any easy way to tell if you react to ions.

I have a few other questions but I'll put to pen to paper a little later. Thank you again for all of your help!

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    No not at all I was just hoping a brand name one would jump out at me that I could be sure was available for most people. I saw lots of brands that would fit the bill but none of them were what I would consider widely available.

Yes ions are nonsensical and for blue, actually bad (since positive ions are bad for health.) I have a really long in depth essay about how ions cannot work here: https://www.genderdreaming.com/forum...-insanity.html

I'm ready to help with however many questions you guys have!

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Happy Sunday Atomic!

Appreciate the detailed information on ions. Can't wait to read this with DW tonight.

Here are the supps that I'm looking at:

Solgar - L-Arginine 500 mg, 100 Vegetable Capsules https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00014EWZE..._SWpcEbV4SRFWE

Probiotics 30 Billion CFU - Nutrition Essentials Highest Rated Acidophilus Probiotic for Women and Men - Organic Shelf Stable Probiotic for Digestive Health - 1 Month Supply https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00L3JTHME..._yXpcEbZ8789FS

CoQ10 with Organic Coconut Oil & Bioperine for Better Absorption | Vegan Certified and Non-GMO Verified | 120 Veggie-gels, 3 Month Supply! https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07LC4VQTH..._mYpcEb7W49946

Life Extension Optimized Folate (l-methylfolate), 1000 Mcg, Vegetarian Tablets, 100-Count https://www.amazon.com/dp/B002R3G8BS..._UYpcEbE6S7M9P

Superior Labs | Acetyl L-Carnitine 1000mg Maximum Absorption | Pure Vegetable Capsules | Zero Synthetic Additives | Superior Absorption https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07BLMSWGN..._rZpcEb7V802E2

Nordic Naturals Algae Omega - Vegetarian Omega-3 Supplement for Eye Health, Heart Health, and Optimal Wellness*, 120 Count https://www.amazon.com/dp/B009KTUGSS..._e0pcEbFJB44Y0

Had to pass one a day as they have gelatin in them. :/

Looking to get these instead. Understand that she will need to add more Vit D to her diet or another supp to hit 1,000 IU.

Deva Vegan Multivitamin, Mineral Supplement, Tiny Tablets, 90 Ct (2 Pack) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01CRHD118..._57pcEbPRQGKYD

Thanks in advance Atomic!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast