Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Is too much folate harmful?

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    It is an entirely misleading article in which they confuse nerve damage from pernicious anemia (which is something that affects older people and not women in childbearing age, not to mention it's rare anyway) with folic acid use, and also conflates potential harm in the minority of people with the MTHFR mutation with the action in normal people. Folic acid in the amounts we take it (which is NOT a high dose, many of us are prescribed 2-21/2 times the amount by our doctors and have healthy babies BECAUSE of that) is absolutely fine and indeed, will help prevent your baby suffering some severe birth defects with their neural tubes not closing properly, and possibly prevent miscarriages and chromosomal abnormalities.

As for the supposed B12 deficiency that they're referring to, most people have a very high amount of B12 stored and it's present in the LE Diet, it's plentiful in the HE Diet and blue swayers also take supplements that have B12 in it. Even IF folic acid blocked B12 (which it doesn't) people have more than enough B12 to counter that.

I have already spent an hour this morning explaining to another swayer why folate needs to be taken. I'm totally over it right now to be honest. Here is one of many posts I've made about folate for anyone with further questions: https://www.genderdreaming.com/forum...al-folate.html

If you don't want to take folic acid, I think you're literally insane to do that, but please by all means follow your bliss. Or take folate, which is safer (and everyone should take folate if they have a MTHFR mutation or if you've had unexplained losses). If you're swaying blue and don't want to take the folic acid, be sure you drop green tea as it blocks folic acid absorption.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

3. Likes treens liked this post
    Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you for posting this. It's very interesting and informative.