Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    positive OPK and then every 4 days after that may not help boost your chances of conception, though. One of the positives of the e4d is that it introduces an element of chance that attempting at positive OPK does not. What if DTD at positive OPK, even though statistically it's been a good chance of conception, is NOT a good chance for you personally (or at the least, isn't this month?) People could go on and on having sex on a bad day for them to conceive! Some people don't O till as long as 72 hours after that first pos OPK. So by randomizing somewhat when that attempt falls with the e4d, not only are we guarding against the early and late O, we're also guarding against the notion that positive OPK may not be the best time for some people to conceive.

Plus, even with the "every 72" let alone the 96 hour pattern, it is NOT close together in the fertile window. Earlier in the cycle you're much less fertile, and sperm simply do not survive very long. So if a person had O-5, O-2, and O+1 attempts, that is still just one attempt in the fertile window because the O-5 is too early and the O+1 is too late. If a person had O-4, O-1, and O+2 attempts, only the O-1 is viable. Even in the worst case scenario of O-3 and O Day, it is STILL one attempt because if anything from the O-3 was left, it would already have fertilized the egg before the O Day shot could capacitate and make it to the egg. And if there wasn't, then the O Day attempt would have a chance.

It's totally your call to make, if you want to start off with pos OPK then go to every 4 after that, it's fine, I just want you to understand how it actually works before you make a decision.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Okay that makes perfect sense! Thank you very much for explaining that to me so that could understand. Thank you!! I think i will go with that. I do get that it can take healthy couples many months to conceive but I didn’t think that would be a prob seeing as we already have two without too much trouble. But I would like to increase the chance of conception. I am still much smaller than I was when I got pregnant with my second and a little smaller than with the first. I think that will help some with the stress to. I guess my concern is that my second was conceived with two BDs that were 72 hours apart. Although I wasn’t doing the diet like I should have and I was at my heaviest since I didn’t lose all my baby weight (and supplements). And I also get nothing is 100%. I assume you see pretty good success with every four days (72hours) And nothing else besides the LE diet.
    Last edited by DreamingofBoth; October 29th, 2020 at 02:04 PM.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    The e4d is newer and so has a smaller sample size, but as it is right now it actually has somewhat better results (this will likely go down over time as more people start using the method, including people who aren't doing anything else to sway...there are lots of things that factor into our success rates so it's not always as cut and dry as just comparing them). The one attempt has a much larger sample size, but that includes a lot of people who did nothing else to sway (not even diet) and so I think the results are skewed to be lower than they "should" be.

Long story short I have more faith with one attempt but think that in the long run they're both going to work.

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Ugh so nerve racking. One side of me just wants to be like ugh whatever, ha I want another baby no matter what of course as long as it’s healthy. Ive done so much to “help” and then the other part of me is saying that I need to do everything I can. Which I know that doesn’t help either.
    Then I think my first attempt was a long shot with a long cut off because schedules and late ovulation. Then my second attempt I guess ended with I assume was a three day cut off Idk. I had two days of positive tests (bd day before first pos) So then I think, Maybe try one month right at opk pos since I haven’t truly done it on that exact day yet. But then I’m ready for another little one. Lol.

And other thoughts.
    So what are you thoughts on abstaining. That could make it hard to conceive right? so we can dtd with protection and still have the one attempt at OPK POS. Would that help boosts odds? Still diet (keeping Weight Stable) and No lubes. No jump and dump.

I’m sorry :/
    Last edited by DreamingofBoth; October 29th, 2020 at 07:01 PM.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    The more you debate about it internally the more wound up and "control freaky" you feel about it. I would just pick something, even if you have to flip a coin to do it, and go with it. The endless obsessing over things that probably don't even make any difference is not beneficial.

Abstain doesn't work and cuts odds of conception by a lot. Dropping abstain but still having one UNprotected attempt this month is def. another option.
    Last edited by atomic sagebrush; November 1st, 2020 at 09:18 AM.

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I assume you mean one unprotected but yes you are right. I have issues. Lol. I feel as though I’ve done somewhat of a cutoff the past two months so I need to go closer to peak and possible ovulation. We will see what happens. Will not abstain or anything else that may cut odds. Thank you for your help. Here’s to this month

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yes, I did LOL. Sorry. Good luck and pink dust headed your way!

8. Likes DreamingofBoth liked this post
    Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Probably a stupid question but just to verify, Protected BDs at any point of the cycle, are they okay? It’s just the one attempt that’s unprotected at opk positive that matters. Is that right lol? And the big o doesn’t really seem to matter on those protected times?

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    yes!!!

The Big O thing probably doesn't matter at all anyway. Some people seem to think avoiding them all the time helps, but we have done tons of polls and posts about them and no strong trend really jumps out at me. The couples with more boys are more sexual overall but that does not equate to female O swaying blue. Plus, it helps keep you and hubby happy to continue that. I would not worry about it at all. I had one when I got my girl!

11. Likes DreamingofBoth liked this post
    Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Haha thank you. And just for more verification, position does not matter either correct LOL I know what you are going to say. But I just want to verify LOL.

My husband just found out that he has to have surgery next Friday the 13th so we are praying that everything goes OK. Of course the stress of that does not help LOL. Although I’m hoping to ovulate next Friday and maybe have peak on Thursday At the latest for our one attempt but I guess we’ll have to wait and see. Hopefully it’ll take this time since he might be down for a little bit.

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast