Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Luck First Time Girl Swayer! Girl Sway Help requested. Really hoping for a girl for 2nd & final baby.

Hi!

I've read LOTS of your posts and threads on this website and it's been SO helpful! I really appreciate all your through posts.

I have a 3 year old son and would love a little girl for our 2nd and final baby. I'm 35 yr (DOB Nov 28) so I'll be 36 when I have the baby and DH just turned 37.

I've been tracking my cycles for 9 months now and they are a bit irregular. Most of the time I OV CD 13 but sometimes CD15 and the last 2 months TTC I ended up OV CD 17 and I was stuck on the cut off day so we weren't even in the window for the 2 tries. I've thrown the cut off days out the window.

Here's what I've been doing:
    LE diet since Feb 24 so 8 weeks now
    I eat about 1,400-1,600 sometimes i eat 1,300 and sometimes i'm at 1,900 or even 2,000 but that's like a holiday or major cheat day usually i'm around 1,500/1,600. if i have a drink than it's more like 1,700 to 1,800
    i try and keep fat 30-60 g but i am usually around 50 but sometimes up to 60 and sometimes over the 60 and low protein. i've pretty much become a vegetarian sometimes i'll eat one of my toddlers chicken nuggets but i've been skipping meat and seafood and have reduced amount of avocados & nuts i used to eat. just eat a little bit for some fat.
    i walk 6 (sometimes 7) days with my toddler for about 1.5 hrs but it's about 60 min and then we at out playing and then i walk home for another 20-30 min so it's not straight 1.5 hrs. i was running but i hurt my knee a little and don't want to push it so i just try and walk really fast.
    i've lost almost 6 lbs since starting the diet. i'm almost 5'2" and currently about 119 lbs. i was pretty fit before but i've thinned out.
    i skip breakfast (always have) 2 large cups of coffee. eat lunch around noon, snack at 3pm, dinner at 5/5:30pm and usually that's it. been drinking a little either wine or liquor but it's hard to maintain the low calorie and have a drink. and i find if i have a drink pre dinner i will eat more so i try and save it for evening but again not drinking too much b/c of calorie counting.
    i feel like i should cut out the 3pm snack but honestly i don't think i'll make it so is it terrible to have or should i really try and cut it and just make my lunch bigger?

for some background. i was pretty thin when i got pregnant with my son and didn't eat very much calories but it was calorie dense food (lots of avocado and eggs, lean deli meat, chicken breast, etc) i had also recently started weight lifting and was doing it 3-4x a week while also doing HIT workouts. i'm currently only doing the walking. sometimes ninetendo's switch fit game which does body weight exercising. i was also very relaxed. had just gotten back from a month long vacation in thailand with my husband and I was not working. i'm now a SAHM with a challenging toddler . I would say I'm def a go getter, highly ambitious, competitive type person.

a few questions:
    should i change anything? exercise? food?
    when i track ovulation I get a really high LH reading and then the next 12 hr reading will be my peakshould i aim to have my 1 BD on peak day or ovulation day?
    i.e. my cycle this past month (which was very late for me but the same as the other month I TTC so clearly even tho I tell myself I'm not stressing I am stressing) was CD 15 PM very high, CD 16 AM peak, CD 16 PM high so I assume I ovulate CD 17 AM assuming I'm ovulation 24 hours post peak SO when do I aim for my 1 BD? CD 15 PM when it's very high, CD 16 AM when I get my peak or CD 16 PM or CD 17 when I ovulate???
    I can have sex either 2pm or in the evening. so if the best was do it it at ovulation would I aim for CD 16 PM or CD 17 PM since I can't have sex in the AM (toddler reasons).
    for pink sway I thought it was best to have sex in the evening. not sure if that's true or not. I think I was very stressed trying to figure out the day I was supposed to have my 1 BD but now that I've given up the window cut off I already feel more relaxed since I know this next time (in about 3 weeks) I'll actually have a chance at BFP.
    I was debating giving up calorie counting the week of my ovulation b/c it's a lot of work and i thought maybe it's stressing me out (i use my fitbit's food tracking app) but if i'm honest i prob won't eat as low as I have been b/c having to track your food intake really does make me eat less b/c i know i'll be over for the day.

I REALLY appreciate your help! Sorry for the long post!

I've told myself I will be really happy with a 2nd boy but I really want to give my best shot at a little girl and I think my heart will be settled knowing I gave it my all but I was meant to have 2 sweet boys. I had MAJOR GD when i found out my baby was a boy at the 20 week scan but I have come a long way since then and now know boys are really really fun and oh so sweet!

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi and thanks for your patience!

Yep that's why those cutoffs are so dicey, because people O different days in the cycle (this happens all the time even without swaying, so many of the people who believe they got pregnant with a particular cutoff are actually incorrect - and scientists actually proved that!)

I like everyone at 1500-1800 range anyway and 50-60 g fat and protein is what we do on the PCOS-type LE Diet. All good!

Walking is the perfect exercise! Carry on! I like to see you guys do mellow activities so you don't get injured.

Alcohol has gotten good results so I'd add that in and just up your cal range. You don't need to be so low.

No need to cut out the 3pm snack, both 2 and 3 meals are equally allowed. I always had 3 when I got my girl.

1 BD at first positive (peak). I'm not quite following what you're saying with all that, but just have your attempt at the first positive on your OPK. Don't wait to see if it gets darker. It's fine to wait till the night of the first peak. Having sex at ovulation is actually quite a bit lower chances of conception than the day before so just hav your attempt the day of the peak.

The reason I like you guys to track is because when people aren't tracking, they often cut back more and more without even realizing it. (NOT because most people eat too much, they usually don't) So if you can avoid that pitfall and want to stop counting I'm ok with that.

A LOT of people have GD with their first and then find out that boys are so awesome! And it only gets better as they get older, too.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi Atomic!

Thank you so much for the reply! I've been reading your posts for so long now I felt a little giddy to get your reply .

You mentioned 50-60 g fat and PCOS-type LE diet. I'm not PCOS so the fat range should be 30-60 g fat, correct? Just want to make sure.

I will try and stick with the 1500-1800 range. Last week's avg calorie intake was 1,635 but the days range from 1,350; 1,400 up to 1,960 and 2,010 so my avg is good but I seem to struggle with maintaining 1,500-1,800 a day. 3 of of the days I was slightly below 1,500, 2 days I was in the range at 1,600 and 2 days I was over the range.

Do you think that's an issue? Just wondering if I can keep on or whether I should really try and be more consistent in my daily calories. I'm trying REALY hard to not stress or get too detailed oriented but I will say I'm the type that does become obsessed so I'm worried that in itself will botch the sway. My avg calorie burn for last week was 2,150 so even on the days I'm really high on calories most of the time I'm still under what I've burned (of course a few times I'm not tho but that's the exception).

In regards to food I eat A LOT of sweet potatoes and chick peas now because of going vegetarian. I also eat a lot of beans in general. I've thought about switching what oil (fat) I use post reading your information about pink sway and fat but I can't bring myself to not use olive oil. I don't go crazy with but I roast a lot of veggies and use a mister with olive oil on them and I also make a lot of grain bowls (white rice or quinoa with lettuce/kale/or spinach, roasted sweet potatoes, chick peas, maybe hummus and usually there's a dressing that consists of olive oil and lemon juice, honey. Do you think I should sub olive oil or just keep on since I'm not excessively using it and still maintaining calories/fat to girl diet. I LOVE oatmeal and could eat it daily for lunch but I've really cut it back. The last 2 weeks I don't think I've even had any. Do you think once or twice a week oatmeal lunch is okay? Or just cut it?

Diet drinks - I don't do any but was debating adding in diet root beer (it's the only one I can drink without thinking it's disgusting). Do you think it would really help? If not, I won't worry about it.

Alcohol - I love a drink in the evening so no problem adding . I'll stick with consuming it post dinner so I don't overeat. My favorite is red wine which is what I've been having most of the time. I can switch to a glass of white. Or do you think it's not a big deal? If it's liquor I don't like vodka unless it's some sweetened cocktail but I love an old fashioned. Does an old fashion (bourbon, triple sec, cherry juice) work fine for sway - just higher in calories so I would have to plan for that which is why I usually just have wine.

I think I'm understanding correctly on when to do our 1 BD but just for safe measure b/c I find the timing to be the most stressful here is my example cycle for this upcoming try. Would I have my 1 BD late in the evening CD 15 after I got a high or CD 16 when I get the peak? Do you think it matters for a pink sway to have BD in the evening? I can either do BD at 2pm (nap time) or in the evening so I've been planning on evening but on this cycle (Which was my cycle last month it seems a CD 16 2pm would be perfect).

CD 15 9 am low 0.4
    CD 15 9 pm HIGH 1.6 (from your reply this is when I think I should have 1 BD attempt)
    CD 16 8 am Peak 2
    CD 16 9 pm still high 1.2 but peak has passed
    CD 17 8 am ovulation (based on peak timing)

Thank you SO SO much for your help and insight!! I really appreciate it!

I do think I will of course have GD if baby #2 is a boy because then it means I'll never have a daughter but I do think knowing that I really gave a valiant effort for a daughter will help make my heart at peace in knowing I was meant to be a boy mom.

Quote Originally Posted by atomic sagebrush View Post
    Hi and thanks for your patience!

Yep that's why those cutoffs are so dicey, because people O different days in the cycle (this happens all the time even without swaying, so many of the people who believe they got pregnant with a particular cutoff are actually incorrect - and scientists actually proved that!)

I like everyone at 1500-1800 range anyway and 50-60 g fat and protein is what we do on the PCOS-type LE Diet. All good!

Walking is the perfect exercise! Carry on! I like to see you guys do mellow activities so you don't get injured.

Alcohol has gotten good results so I'd add that in and just up your cal range. You don't need to be so low.

No need to cut out the 3pm snack, both 2 and 3 meals are equally allowed. I always had 3 when I got my girl.

1 BD at first positive (peak). I'm not quite following what you're saying with all that, but just have your attempt at the first positive on your OPK. Don't wait to see if it gets darker. It's fine to wait till the night of the first peak. Having sex at ovulation is actually quite a bit lower chances of conception than the day before so just hav your attempt the day of the peak.

The reason I like you guys to track is because when people aren't tracking, they often cut back more and more without even realizing it. (NOT because most people eat too much, they usually don't) So if you can avoid that pitfall and want to stop counting I'm ok with that.

A LOT of people have GD with their first and then find out that boys are so awesome! And it only gets better as they get older, too.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    LOL! No need to feel giddy, I'm just a mom like you who wants to help people achieve their dream!

The range for the non-PCOS-type diet is 30-60, yes. My point was we have good results on that higher range of protein and fat, so if you're up in that range it's no big deal.

It's fine if you exceed the limits sometimes (esp. if you've been losing weght, or are already at BMI 21 or lower and need to hold steady). It's probably best for most people to hit at least 1500 because we're seeing a lot of delayed ovulation at lower cal intake, so err on the side of getting at least 1500 and if you go over sometimes that's ok unless you're gaining weight.

You don't need to be consistent in cal range, but we do need to be sure you're getting enough. Fine to have some variation, we just don't want to see you end up losing ovulation.

Since you do get a little obsessive I'd stop tracking the amount of calories you've burned. We like to track the bare minimum of what we need to track (to be sure you're getting enough food) and we don't need to know how much you burned. Let your weight loss be your guide.

Sweet potatoes, chickpeas, grain bowls - all good!! Don't sweat the olive oil. It still has the Omega 6's in it. I have actually been deemphasizing it for blue sways as I think too much can sway pink.

It's fine to have oatmeal a couple times a week. It's just the very high intake you may want to avoid.

The diet drinks probably do nothing and I got my girl without them after getting my 4th boy drinking them.

Any alcohol has worked. Have whichever option you like. It's best to have all drinks, but particularly ones with sugar in them, with meals.

If you want cutoff timing you can have the attempt on the high reading. But most of us got opposites with timing and have given up on it. So my preference (since I no longer believe in timing at all) is for you guys to attempt on PEAK which is the best chance of conception with one attempt and also easiest to hit, because so many people end up with many days of "high" or going straight to peak with NO high readings at all. It's your choice, but my preference is one attempt at first peak.

The way I like to look at it is, either way we can't lose. Either we get another awesome boy to love (and as I often say, I think little boys should come in pairs like shoes!) or we get a daughter. It's win, win for us and we're just trying to do what we can to get a certain outcome, but either outcome is still a happy ending.

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you for all the advice & insight! I really appreciate it!!

As for the hour of the BD - do you think it betters? Does evening sex sway girl or is 2pm sex fine for a girl sway? A lot of my peaks have been in the morning.

When you say "one attempt at first peak" does that mean to have our 1 BD at the first high reading I get? or wait 12 hours until a higher actual peak reading comes? I guess what's tricky is as you said some women get days of high and some get no highs and straight to peak but I'm not totally consistent. Sometimes I get a high and then 12 hours later get a higher high which ends up being peak and sometimes i have several high readings over like 36 hours but I have also had 2 cycles where I went from low straight to my peak so I'm finding myself already feeling a little stressed as to when I get the 1st high if I should just have sex then for the 1 BD or if I should wait 12 hours. Since I don't have days of highs than I think I should be okay with still being pretty close to ovulation. Girl sway is so stressful!

Since the drink is good for sway (and I like a drink) I started just adding a daily drink into my calorie tracking in the morning that way I can ensure I have the drink without going over on calories. After you mentioned making sure I get enough calories to ensure I ovulate plus the daily drink I'm averaging a little more daily calories (1,715) but I've also been more consistent. I'm in the range of 1,500-1,800 but I do feel a little nervous that I'm on the higher end of the range given I'm not even 5'2" but this week I also got my period and I'm just hungrier when I get my period. I do power walk/sometimes jog 1-1.5 hours every day. I figured next week I may try and get a little lower and avg in the 1,600 once I'm closer to ovulation.

I wear a fitbit so it's just constantly tracking my heart rate/exercise and so it gives me my calorie burn and I have been entering my food to track calories in the fitbit.

Thank you!!!!

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    No, I don't think the time of day matters at all. It's typical to get pos OPK in the morning or midday as that's the time the hormone peaks in your urine. It is just fine to BD that night after the pos OPK earlier in the day.

First PEAK reading. Not high. Wait for the peak. (unless you want to do timing, in which case you can BD on the second high but you may have many days of high or go straight to peak, as we established.)

Let your weight be your guide. You don't need to worry about being at the higher end of 1800 cals if you've lost at least a little weight OR are holding steady at BMI 21 or lower. That is fine. If you're gaining weight or have quite a bit to spare, then you can dial it back but otherwise I'd

The Fitbit will be tracking protein and fat in fruits and veg, and everything in low carb veg. We don't track those things. So do be aware you may need to up your limits a bit to compensate for it tracking those things.

Even though it's on a Fitbit don't get too hung up monitoring the cal burn. It's one of those unnecessary details that tend to be kinda control freaky and you don't even need to know it.

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you so much for the reply!

Thank you for the clarification on the timing and 1 BD at peak (not first high)!

I am definitely finding myself feeling like I'm ready to not be on the LE diet anymore. It's just exhausting having to track the food and monitor everything I eat so given I'm worried about losing LE diet focus and plus my age of 35 I think I would really just like to get pregnant ASAP so I'm planning on doing missionary, no orgasm and laying there for like an hour before peeing (no jump & dump). It looks like J&D has seen good results with girl sway but I'm thinking it's just better for me to keep up with diet and try and get pregnant quickly as I've now been on the diet for 12 weeks. Any thoughts on the J&D? Should I do it or okay to give that up?

I hope this isn't too bad for the diet but I can't seem to have the alcoholic drink with dinner so i'm just having it in the evening around 7/8pm. I have dinner around 5/5:30pm.

I'll be getting my peak soon so I'm SUPER excited and now that I've thrown the timing method out the window I'm REALLY hoping this will be my month BFP!

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    You don't have to continue tracking if you feel you understand what you're doing and are staying in the limits. If you have a handle on how it works you can just drop that stuff (just be sure you don't continue to cut back without realizing it - that's actually the main problem with not tracking! Not that you eat too much, but that you eat too little)

J and D did seem to add a little something but if it's time for it to go, it's time for it to go!

But that having been said, if you've only been on diet 12 weeks, well, that's the amount of time I like you guys to be on diet ANYWAY before trying. That's what got us our best results. So it may be the best for your sway to give it a month with a 5 or 10 minute lay down time before doing a J and D rather than going straight to laying down for an hour. But that is your call to make on that.

A lot of people have done that with their alcoholic drink. I don't think it's in any way a dealbreaker and I def. did it when I got my girl.

Good luck and pink dust headed your way!

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi Atomic,
    It's me again
    We delayed on starting to try due to covid but with our ages being older we are about to start trying and I'll O in about 2 weeks.

Updates:
    ~been on LE diet now for about 6 months~have lost 10-12 lbs in those 6 months. BMI was about 23 when I started the diet and now it's about 20.5~also became a vegetarian with being on LE - very rarely do I eat meat including seafood~now that we're about to start trying I'm working on having an alcoholic drink a day in the evening. I drink lots of coffee in the morning~most of the time I'm within the #'s for calories/fat/protein but I am usually on the lighter side. going to work on making sure i'm eating enough and not starving myself. I'm also only 5'1". the last few months I have been way lower than I was initially - I assume because my body has just gotten used to the diet~do eat a lot of oats b/c it sustains me with the LE diet and it's also just really easy~currently 35.75 yr old (will turn 36 Nov 28th). Husband is 37 (will turn 38 end of April '21). we're both very healthy and fit.~exercise everyday for about 1 hour (sometimes as much as 2 hours but it's not always together if it's over 1 hour) usually it's fast paced walking with some jogging

I haven't done OPK'S for the last few months when we decided to hold off on trying and it's been lovely. I went back through our conversations and all my notes with girl sway tactics and just thinking about trying to do OPK's (analyzing them, taking photos, trying to nail down high/vs peak) just gives me anxiety. I'm already an over achiever on my own and become very obsessive so I've started to think that maybe I would be better off with our starting to try by doing the every 4 days method vs. the one attempt. What are your thoughts? We did get pregnant very quickly with our son but that was 4 years ago and we hadn't started "trying" so there was absolutely no stress. i'm worried about my stress/anxiety/obsessiveness levels while trying and that they will cancel out my sway tactics.

do you think statistics wise we should do the OPK's and do our one attempt at first peak and give that 3 months and then do every 4 day method? I know from reading so many of your posts you say one attempt really does sway girl but was also wondering how much over stressing about it off sets a sway (or even getting pregnant) all together. I'm wondering what the right balance for me would be. I keep telling myself I won't get stressed and won't worry about the sway being perfect and when I get the first peak we'll just have our one attempt but I also think my brain will get all overanalyzing about it since that's what I've done each time we did have a try (many months ago but was also doing a different sway then too with not doing anything diet/exericse and just doing the timing/one attempt which did not work out at all - I was always WAY off on timing - I gave up the timing upon reading your debunked info on that and hardcore going the diet/exercise route). I have to say I've gotten so good at the diet exercise it really just feels like my routine/schedule but I know those OPK's and trying to nail down the positive/O day might mess up my sway. We are older, already put off trying b/c of covid and I'm very ready to get pregnant and move on with my life from baby gender swaying (if that makes sense; not like a bad thing just feel like it's this thing looming over me). I also haven't had one really good month with a good attempt though either so I'm not sure if I'm giving up on that too easily.

I guess my question is does over stressing about OPK's negate my diet/exercise and one attempt sway? Does one attempt sway significantly more than the every 4 day method? Would I regardless just be in the territory of a 20% chance of getting pregnant since that is what your chances are each month? If i do one attempt with a 10 min lay down and then J&D would that still give me a good chance of getting pregnant (given our ages) or should I not do J&D? Okay, I'm sorry that was a lot more than just one question.

As you can probably see I'm a little riddled with anxiety over my sway. Altho the last few months I haven't been - just doing diet/exercise has been fine!

I'm realllllly working on just trying to feel excited about the prospect of starting to try for a baby.

Thank you!! I really really really appreciate your insight and time!!

that was my original message and then in my obsessive ways went back to all my emails I have saved in regards to swaying and then I came across your post about Swaycession and it's obviously, without a doubt me. and now of course i'm stressed. aghhhh. SO I'm sort of proud in that in the last few months the diet/exercise really has just become a part of my life/schedule/routine and i don't over think it and I don't obsess over the #'s. I actually barely look at the details of it in regards to protein/fat b/c i know I'm within range by the foods I eat and I just look at the calories usually. BUT i'm feeling very nervous that my good sway is ruined by my clearly obsessive personality. obviously, i need to work on this but i'm still wondering if I should just go with the one attempt at peak or every 4 days. given my personality i'm starting to think i should just go with the every 4 days so swaying isn't in my forefront. i was feeling really good about my sway but after reading the Swaycession I'm pretty sure I'm probably going to have a beautiful 2nd baby boy
    Last edited by hopingforapink; September 13th, 2020 at 09:44 PM.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Since you're below my cutoff of BMI 21 it's time to stop losing anyway.

Most people avoid oats on the LE because some say they "raise testosterone". I personally do not think dietary amounts of oats make any difference whatsoever and you'd have to take a concentrated, supplement form of oats to have medicinal qualities, and I doubt even the supplements do anything anyway. Raising testosterone has never even been definitively proven to sway! So if oats are working for you I'd just keep having them.

I would suggest starting off just doing the e4d in the 96 hour pattern. This is slightly less chance of conception than the 72 hour pattern, but may be slightly better chance of pink. Then, after doing that a couple months, we'll push it to the 72 hour pattern. I don't think you need to do the OPK if you feel they're gonna stress you out. How does that sound?

I can't answer questions like "does this stress counteract that" those things are just beyond my ability to know for sure. I do think it might be less than 20% average, since that number is taking into account people doing everything in their power to conceive. But I can't know for sure. What I DO know is that going back thru old emails and then stressing about stress is NOT what I want you to be doing. Please don't worry about stress, do not then try to CONTROL stress because it's not the stress, it's the attempt to controll that sways blue.

I'd have you lay down 5-10 minutes, at your preference.

I think I got everything - let me know if you need any more help!