Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hi! Last chance for pink here

Hello! I wanted to hop on here and introduce myself. I have been a lurker for over a year and a half. I am 35 (36 in June) and DH is 36. I have 2 boys ages 3 and almost 16 months.

Going into my 2nd pregnancy, I didn't think I had a gender preference and I always felt like he was going to be a boy anyway. However, when it was confirmed he was a boy I had major gender disappointment. I really really struggled to snap out of it. I was eventually diagnosed with antepartum depression and was put on medication right around my 3rd trimester. I am still on Zoloft and adderax (sp) as we speak for general anxiety and depression. My DH and I always thought we would only have 2 kids, but after lots of discussion and him seeing how devastated I was to not have a daughter, he was on board with trying for a 3rd.

When DS2 was 6 months, I stopped taking the mini pill. I was still BFing and hadn't had a period so I figured I wasn't ovulating, so I don't know that I would count any of that time as "trying" . In Dec my period returned and I had another cycle in Jan, then found out end of Feb we were pregnant again. Unfortunately at what should have been 9 weeks, I found out it was a blighted ovum. I took medication to try and pass things along, but it hasn't worked. I still currently have leftover tissue and have 2.5 more weeks before my doctor wants me to have a D&C. She gave me 4 weeks to try to.let things work out naturally. I was hoping it would work out naturally because my Dr said we could try again right away vs. if I had a D&C I was told I would have to wait 2 cycles. Another thing I want to mention is that before I had my first appt, I ordered a Sneak Peek kit to do at home and the same day I found out it was a BO, my results came in and said the DNA was a boy. I know the overall consensus is that sneak peek is not reliable, but it still really got me wondering.

So I am trying to get advice on how many lifestyle indicators sway pink. When I conceived both of my boys, I was working out A LOT and was in really good shape. With my 2nd I was the smallest and lightest I had ever been. I am the type of person that gains muscle pretty easily, so I'm thinking this time around of doing no exercise at all. I also always had a boy friendly diet, and now I've been trying to eat lots of white bread, white rice, stuff with low nutritional value and within the 1500-1800 daily intake. I also have added coffee and 1-2 alcoholic drinks. I try to skip breakfast when I can, but I tend to have hypoglycemic episodes so my blood sugar runs fairly low anyway. Is there anything else I need to consider or omit? Thank you in advance!

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi and welcome!

I'm so sorry to hear about your loss.

To the best of my knowledge, the Sneak Peek doesn't work if there is a blighted ovum. The pregnancy doesn't develop and the DNA would not have entered your blood****** because there was nothing there to test for. A lot of people with blighted ovums get a "girl" reading on the SP test because it's just detecting the maternal DNA. Makes me think your test was contaminated. (I have also seen numerous incorrect Sneak Peek tests) I don't know this for a fact, though, and couldn't find any hard science on how it would work.

We have had pretty disappointing results with no exercise. I would urge you to exercise even if you got boys exercising in the past. As lons as you're losing weight on a lower protein diet (or have lost some) it will help your pink sway even though there's no guarantee, of course.

ARe you making sure you are getting 40-50 g protein and 30-60 g fat (not counting the protein and fat in fruits and veg?) If not, do. Low carb veg are free and unlimited, have as much as you want, no need to count.

I am ok with anyone eating breakfast if needed. Sometimes I even have people who tend to have very low blood sugar naturally, going up to 4 meals a day if need be. The point is not to eat some set amount of meals at certain times of day, but to have longer between meals to force your body to call on stores of fat as fuel. You're doing that already, and some people just have to eat more often than others (but will get the same result anyway.)
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks for the response! And sorry for the double post. I wasn't sure where the best place to post was.

I have lost a few pounds since cutting calories and not working out. I'm pretty sure I've lost a bit of muscle. I do have a spin bike at home so I can start adding some cardio into the mix.

I've seen a few posts about the LE PCOS diet... is that something I can attempt or should I do the standard LE? I guess I'm not clear on the ultimate goal. Do I want to have drastic weight loss or not? I'm probably eating between 1300-1500 calories a day. I will have to start tracking my protein and fat as I'm thinking I'm probably on the lower range of those.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    No worries, I know it's confusing at first!

What we're aiming at is a GENTLE decline in your physical condition and fertility while maintaining your ability to get pregnant. So it's not really a matter of drastic weight loss (because you will likely delay or even stop ovulating) but more a matter of following a lower nutrient diet but one that still provides enough nutrition for you to get and stay pregnant, for long enough so your body takes notice of that and "decides" that a girl has a better chance of surviving than a boy (because girls require fewer nutrients). So we have to hit a bit of a bullseye in between declining condition and not declining it too much, if that makes sense.

If you feel you can follow the PCOS Diet without losing too much weight, we've had better results with it (many people have a very hard time sticking with the PCOS-type diet). So if you can do it, I recommend it.

So you'd change the macros to:

1500-1800 cals
    50-60 g protein and fat
    Whole grains instead of white refined grains
    Full fat dairy, no skim or part skim
    No sugar
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ