Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Red face Swaying girl, nearly 40?!

Hi all!
    Just wanted to introduce myself and maybe get a bit of advice...
    I have a beautiful 3 yr old boy and would love to add a little girl to our family!
    I have read a lot of the info on the site and I was clearly swaying blue when we conceived him! We’d gotten married 3 months before, I was putting back on all of the weight id lost and doing a lot of strength training...
    I’ve read all the recent advice about diet, exercise, coffee and alcohol (sooo happy about the last two!)
    But just wondered if there is anything else I can do or take to help conception at my age, I am 39 and will be 40 in September. This is my only chance obviously due to my age but dh only wants two children.
    Also I have started to try and follow the LE diet over the last couple of weeks and I think it may have delayed my ovulation, is this normal? I am hoping to try in the next few months and have been tracking for the last year so I know my cycles pretty well by now.
    Thank you in advance for taking the time to read this and any advice at all
    Paula

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi and welcome! I got pregnant with my daughter at 41 and had her at 42 so I promise it is possible!

I would like you on our alternate diet and you can find that here: https://www.genderdreaming.com/forum...rt-3-pcos.html Over 35, we start to become more insuin resistant and this can cause us to develop PCO-tendencies on the standard LE Diet. This can delay ovulation for some people. I have most everyone in your age range on this type of diet now and it's getting great results!!

Can you tell me more about what you've been eating??
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you so much for your quick reply! That really useful information thank you, I will look at it all more closely after my little ones gone to bed...
    I am currently skipping breakfast (having upto 3 coffees to get me through) and having a low fat yoghurt at around 10/11 ish when I get hungry (I start work at 6am so I’m pretty hungry by then!) I’ll then have maybe soup or a sandwich for lunch. I’ve stopped snacking apart for the occasional square of chocolate or some grapes/strawberries. For dinner I generally have a small portion of what we’d normally have but am trying to avoid potatoes, too much red meat etc. I have been running/walking for about a year and exercise maybe 3-4 times a week for 40-60 mins. I did wonder if I’m not eating enough?
    I was hoping to TTc after 3 months of diet and following ovulation strictly but now I’m a bit concerned I’m going to need longer as I have had no peak at all yet, I normally ovulate around cd 11/12 but am now on 15 and have only managed slight colour change/low.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    So you would want to switch to full fat dairy only, no more low fat. I know it's counterintuitive but skim and part skim dairy is AWFUL for blood sugar levels and in turn egg quality. So the alternate diet is full fat dairy only.

Do you have totals for fat, protein, and calories?? My suspicion is that you are not eating enough (meaning, the OPPOSITE problem from PCO-tendencies) and so while I still want you on the alternate diet we're going to have to get you eating more so we can maintain your cycle.

You can eat potatoes. I have a full explanation about that in this thread: https://genderdreaming.com/forum/ttc...s-edition.html (you may need to sign in again to read it, I did!)

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you, looking at the days that I tracked I’m on about 40-50g of protein and fat but only around 1,200 calories after exercise, although I am only 5ft2 if that’s makes any difference?
    Also due to age are there any supplements I should consider taking? I’m trying to get all the information I can ready to start my diet etc totally in the next week or so. I am currently on medication for high blood pressure although this is now normal and stable, as I had pre-eclampsia with my last preganacy
    Thank you again for your time and help with everything, this really means a lot to me

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Ok. My very great suspicion is that you've cut back too far and we need to rectify that immediately because time is not on our side here. Sometimes people's ovulation will go missing for months if they don't eat enough and we don't want that to happen here. So boost that cal count to 1500 at minimum, possibly even as much as 1800, and up protein and fat both to 50-60 g. Drop fiber if you were taking it. Go ahead and make the changes as already described to keep your diet more friendly to egg quality.

In addition to eating the full fat dairy daily I would have you add in 4-6 eggs a week and a serving of salmon if you like it, red meat if you don't.

I would have you on 2000 mcg (that's micrograms not milligrams) of folic acid or better yet folate. I don't want you to take anything beyond that because it may interfere with your blood pressure medication. Please check with me before adding any suppelements in, even if other people are having good results with them as they can interact with meds.