Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Help with girl sway x

Hi there, I have two gorgeous boys who are 4 and 10 months. We are starting to get ready to try and get our baby girl. With my first son I conceived a few days after my period and my second boy I conceived just after ovulation. So I am thinking my husband must have quite a high sperm count as we conceived our first son just after Aunt Flo. Both boys were conceived after quite a few alcoholic drinks. A wedding and the day after a big party. I was drinking lots of tea, lots of salad, carbs, not much dairy, lots of red meat, salt on everything, 1 coffee a day no fizzy drinks. So I am thinking I should do the opposite this time?
    I have cut out all caffeine apart from Diet Cokes, no red meat, cut down on salt, trying to have more dairy but I hate cows Milk. Cut out breakfast also.
    I have irregular cycles so is hard to predict ovulation. My cycles over the last few months have been between 29-33 days. I think ovulation is Around Day 19-22 with about an 11 day luteal phase.

Please have you got any tips and advice on how to help me get our girl?

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Doing the opposite only works when the stuff you are doing the opposite on, is actually swaying blue. I see people all the time who "do the opposite" and end up actually doing the opposite of things that sway PINK! Imagine that you came into conceiving your boys 80% likely to conceive a boy, and then you did some things that swayed pink and some things that swayed blue, and ended up 60% likely to have a boy. That is STILL going to be more boys than girls conceived on average, but that wouldn't make any sense to then do the opposite of the things that were swaying pink - in fact you could end p making yourself more likely to have a boy than you were the last time! So we've got to be very cautious to continue doing anything you were doing that swayed pink, while ditching the stuff that swayed blue. Your best chance will come from doing what has worked for most people, most of the time rather than thinking that there's some recipe that you personally have to get just right by doing the opposite of everything you've ever done.

We find that coffee and alcohol both sway pink and I would urge you to continue doing those things, not to drop them because you're trying to do the opposite. Tea and red meat do tend to sway blue, so I would def. drop them. Carbs and salad have a role to play in a pink-friendly diet. (You literally can't eat low fat, low protein, AND low carb - that is starvation!!!) Some people believe in the sodium restriction, others have dropped it. I personally got my girl eating tons of sodium after my 4th boy where I was limiting it. Dairy is a gray area as well. The old school sway diets claim high dairy intake sways pink, but myself and many, many others tried those diets and got more boys. That's why we came up with the Low Everything Diet here: https://www.genderdreaming.com/forum...l-version.html I got my girl with the LE Diet after getting 4 boys with tons of dairy, and my last two taking high intake calcium/magnesium supplements. I gave all that up to get my girl.

I also got my first boy by having sex a few days after my period ended. It can happen if you ovulate early. How are you determining ovulation?? Would you be willing to try OPK strips?
    Last edited by atomic sagebrush; May 29th, 2020 at 11:28 AM.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hello and thank you so much for your reply. Ok what your saying makes sense. So at the moment I have a decaf tea with sweetener about 7am then eat about 10.30-11am. Is it ok to have a drink or will this affect my blood sugar levels? Maybe I will swap this for a coffee? I have never had coffee first thing in the morn so may help my sway?

I have been using opks for the last 6 maybe months but my surge happens really quickly and is never really dark. If I test am the line will be getting darker then sometimes by the eve it’s light again. I have just started taking my bbt every am. Do you know much about this? When will I know I am ovulating!

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I would drop tea totally. There is something in tea that does seem to sway blue. It's totally fine to have coffee in the morning and we allow milk or cream in it, just not sugar. ARtificial sweetener is ok.

Yes I can help you both with the OPK issue and the temping. When are you testing with the OPK? Some times of day are better than others. We need to be sure you're optimizing the time of day you test so you're more likely to get a dark line.

OPK are generally more reliable for PREDICTING ovulation than temping, but temping does allow us to look back and see when you're ovulating and be sure that you have.

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Ok I will totally cut out the tea. Makes sense as I was drinking loads of it when I conceived my boys. Is peppermint tea ok. How many cups of coffee do you recommend a day?

I test every morn with first morning wee. Then in the evening. When the line starts getting darker then I test every 3 hours. If I get a darker line in the am, a lot of the time it’s faded by the eve. Not sure if I can upload pics on here to show you?

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Also I am so sorry I’m getting so confused on timing and frequency of when we should bd. I’ve been looking at baby dust method for months but as my ovulation Bc z mday always changes I’m not sure when we should attempt our girl sway. I have seen so many failed perfect sways with the Bdm. But loads of imperfect sways with two baby dances work. I am 34 and my husband is 31. So I think I read hubbie should abstain for 7 days. I have read having more than one bd alters the vaginal ph? All this is a minefield 😫

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I like to see you guys keeping any kind of herbal tea such as peppermint to 2-3 times a week max. In that amount they can't have any medicinal effects (if there are any that we don't know about) that could sway blue or mess up your cycle. For example, peppermint tea was thought to sway pink but it messed people's cycles up so badly, and wasn't a reliable way to sway pink, so we dropped it. We were having too many people who could not get pregnant while using it, and it wasn't helping sways, so it was more trouble than it was worth. Just keep any kind of herb tea to 2-3 servings per week, and you can mix and match teas in that group so you can have lots of herbal tea, just all different kinds.

The hormone that makes your OPK positive peaks in your urine at lunchtime. So it may be that by testing in the morning and at night you're simply missing the surge. Try testing after lunch to see if that helps.

The Babydust Method stole our one attempt and then combined it with the old Shettles timing stuff (which doesn't work, and is impossible to do for anyone with irregular cycle as you are already aware - not to mention the number of people who have their cycle change while swaying even if it IS normally regular). It is not a good method and people not only get scads of opposites with it, but they waste many months and even years trying it (and since it's only been out since 2016, the number of people who have spent a year trying to conceive with it is staggering!)

So what I would have you do instead is this:

We will still do one attempt to start with, since we have seen that work for people. (but not indefinitely, and if you don't conceive in a reasonable time we will change that.)

If you WANT timing, get a fertility monitor or Clearblue digital tester that gives you both "high" and "peak" reading. Aim at having one attempt at the second "high" reading (but be aware it is possible to have many days of "high" or go straight to "peak" without any highs, so have a plan in place what you will do if either of those events happpens)

If you don't care about timing, have one attempt at "peak" since this is a good time to conceive with one attempt.

Yes, you can have your hubby abstain for 7-10 days prior to one attempt (even up to 14)

Don't worry about sex altering the vaginal pH, that has never been proven and in fact a lot of evidence indicates the pH stuff doesn't work at all https://www.genderdreaming.com/forum...ph-pickle.html Just have the one UNPROTECTED attempt.

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    That’s really helpful. Thank you so much for making it a lot clearer. I have some clear blue digital monitors so will try that this month. We are cycle day 9 today and usually ovulate around cd 19-22 so we will abstain from now until then and see how we get on. Thanks again.

9. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Good luck!

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Atomic I need your help please. I think I have messed our sway up this month :-( I am cycle day 17 today still light opk. We dtd last night with pull out method. Is this going to mess up our sway now? Shall we wait until next month as husband hasn’t abstained? I am due to ovulate cd 19 ish. Shall I still wait for my second flashing smiley face or skip this month?

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast