Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Trying to sway pink?

Hello,
    I *think* I'd like to try and sway for a baby girl. My son is 11months and hopefully in August we can start trying for a new baby. He was a long time coming, with a couple of losses in between (a MMC and an ectopic) so I am not too desperate for a girl, especially as I think a boy would be better for my son as a sibling, but would rather want a healthy baby.

That said, I have read what seems like tonnes of online info and I am still clueless on what needs to be done, seems very complicated!
    So far I started a diet, just cutting salt (we cook with no salt anyway, for my son to join on family meals), red meat, tomatoes (raw, I still use some for cooking), potatoes not so often...and trying to eat more dairy. The hardest part is reducing calories. I currently eat between 1500-1700cal a day (&that's a huge change for me as I was having ~3200a day!) and I am 1.7m (5'7?) and 55kg (121lbs?). That should leave me losing some weight, although don't think I need it. This is my pre pregnancy weight and I still breastfeed. And I looove my fruit&bread, but try to keep it within the calorie intake. I also run 2/3 times a week arouns 10-11k (an hour). That is more for my mental health than anything.
    As supplements I used to take bf suppl with omega 3, I swapped that for 800mg Ca and 375mg Mg, cranberry tablets and folic acid. And I also take Ubiquinol CoEn Q10 for egg quality as it seemed to have helped first time. Is this too many nutrients?? I am confused. I do feel better on the Mg though, less tired.
    I used to drink tonnes of green tea, made from leaves rather than tea bags and I dropped that. I only drink decaff coffee and decaff green tea and sometimes peppermint or more likely camomile - as it helps with my stomach.And sometimes a bf tea. Are these allowed?
    I think we'll try abstinence and then one attempt either before or at +OPK, but I am not keen on measuring pH of Cm etc, that seems a bit too far for me.
    Also thinking of using Sylk lube.
    Is there anything correct in what I am doing? anything else I should be doing?
    Many thanks!
    Last edited by Mrs.C.; July 1st, 2020 at 06:20 AM.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi and welcome to the site!

Things like avoiding tomatoes and potatoes don't really work. Neither does cutting out sodium. It's fine to do that if you want, it's just that we can't rely on that to sway for us.

Since you are slim already and breastfeeding, I want you eating more like 1800-2000 cals a day, with 50-60 g protein and fat (not counting the protein and fat in fruit and veg, adn NOTHING in low carb veg - they are free and unlimited, no need to count them.) I think dropping that far in calories is going to make weight fly off. You are already below my cutoff weight for stopping weight loss. I do not want you to lose any more weight, just hold steady where you are.

I do not ever recommend any more than 600 mg calcium and 300 mg Mag maximum. (WITHOUT any Vit. D added, though!) You may want to cut that back a bit for your safety. I also do not recommend cranberry as that has caused some risks and side effects.

Folic acid and ubiquinol are fine to take - but what dose are you having of those?

I would stick to coffee only, drop the green tea totally (even decaf).

When it comes to herb teas, have any kind you want but only 2-3 times per week. Don't have any type of herb tea daily, just have a variety a few times a week that way you'll never have any negative effects from them.

we don't recommend checking pH anyway. It never seemed to predict whose sways would work and whose didn't.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by atomic sagebrush View Post
    Hi and welcome to the site!

Things like avoiding tomatoes and potatoes don't really work. Neither does cutting out sodium. It's fine to do that if you want, it's just that we can't rely on that to sway for us.

Since you are slim already and breastfeeding, I want you eating more like 1800-2000 cals a day, with 50-60 g protein and fat (not counting the protein and fat in fruit and veg, adn NOTHING in low carb veg - they are free and unlimited, no need to count them.) I think dropping that far in calories is going to make weight fly off. You are already below my cutoff weight for stopping weight loss. I do not want you to lose any more weight, just hold steady where you are.

I do not ever recommend any more than 600 mg calcium and 300 mg Mag maximum. (WITHOUT any Vit. D added, though!) You may want to cut that back a bit for your safety. I also do not recommend cranberry as that has caused some risks and side effects.

Folic acid and ubiquinol are fine to take - but what dose are you having of those?

I would stick to coffee only, drop the green tea totally (even decaf).

When it comes to herb teas, have any kind you want but only 2-3 times per week. Don't have any type of herb tea daily, just have a variety a few times a week that way you'll never have any negative effects from them.

we don't recommend checking pH anyway. It never seemed to predict whose sways would work and whose didn't.
    Ahhh, thank you so much for your reply, very helpful!
    The advice seems to vary so much, doesn't it?
    I first bought Ca, then read it's not good, then that it needs to be Ca citrate, so bought that and now that it has to be without D3? why is that? should I buy another one? (the one I have would be 500mg so 50%NRV and D3 is 7.5microgr so 150%NRV per tablet).
    I think the doses I was taking were the daily recommended doses, didn't go over that, but could cut that to half or 500mg max? it's a pain I need to buy another ones though without the D3��*♀️Also, why is the cranberry a no go? I thought being from fruit it was fine for both me and DH...should I have him take OLE instead? what about me?
    The folic acid I take is standard 400microgr and Ubiquinol is 100mg as is Vesisorb rapid absorbtion and that's the daily dose stated on them.��

Would the Sylk lube be recommended? we used pre seed first time round with my son.

Also the theories about ions, any of that true??

Good to know about the green tea decaff, wouldn't have thought! maybe that brought me a son first time round, haha. I still had 1 a day until now unfortunately. Will limit all other teas and have only decaff coffee with milk.

All I read was that you need to lose weight, skip breakfast and trick your body it's in 'poor' conditions...so that's why I dieted. However, I don't know how could I count the protein and fat I am having??? also, those ranges are including beans & other legumes?

Also I don't drink drinks high in aspartame...but I do chew gum ?
    How long do I need to be on the diet before attempting? Again, the advice varies with this across the board so don't really know when to start trying!

Thank you & sorry for all the questions!
    Last edited by Mrs.C.; July 3rd, 2020 at 04:02 AM.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I know it's extremely frustrating when the advice doesn't always mesh, but it's because different sites use different bodies of knowledge and no one really knows what works and what doesn't. Most sway sites all use this old outdated information from studies that were done 50+ years ago and ignore everything that has been done since. Those of us who made this site had opposites doing things that way and started doing research into more modern theories of gender swaying and that is why we diverge from those recommendations - because they didn't work for us and we know more modern evidence debunks them.

The best study ever done on maternal diet and gender conceived (and indeed, the ONLY one that wasn't done by someone selling mineral balancing diets) found that women who had more calcium and magnesium intake had more BOYS, not more girls. That having been said, I understand it's hard to give that up so I allow people to take cal-mag in supplement form but only without the Vitamin D. Vitamin D has been shown to improve fertility, condition, and raise testosterone, and likely sways blue. So I don't recommend calcium with Vit. D in it for anyone (I got my 3rd and 4th boys taking cal/mag/D and gave it up to get my girl). I would def. try to find one without Vitamin D, even if it means having to resort to Tums.

I like you guys to take more like 1200 mcg folic acid or folate. Unless you have reason to believe your egg quality is low I'd stick with 100 on the coq10.

Preseed is believed to sway blue so with giving that up. We have not found any of the jellies do much for pink sways, with the same number of people getting girls with and without them, but fine to use Sylk to start with if you'd like to. I have the full case against pH here: https://www.genderdreaming.com/forum...ph-pickle.html

Ions don't work, and the essay debunking them (with apologies as this is rather long, but it took that amount of time to investigate thoroughly) is here: https://www.genderdreaming.com/forum...-insanity.html

There are some people out there who try to sum up the Low Everything Diet (and unfortunately get it wrong sometimes). But this is my diet, I invented it, so I'm the one who's got it right on the recommendations. The losing weight and skipping breakfast are actually about the least important elements of the diet - it's the limits that matter (and many people don't have the weight to spare!) and spending more of your day without food coming in. Some do this by skipping breakfast, others skip dinner or just eat 3 meals spaced out over the course of the day. Whichever option will work best for you is fine as long as you're in the limits.

To track your food intake you'll need to Google the stuff you're eating or use food labels or some other nutrient tracking resource and then keep a loose tally. You can do this on a piece of paper, or online using an app of some sort like My Fitness Pal. It's actually much easier than it sounds at first and it only takes a few days till you get the hang of it. Once you have a sense of how much you can eat, many people even stop tracking all together (which is fine as long as you don't inadvertently start cutting back more and more).

Legumes you count protein and calories in them. And any fat you've added (in their natural state they're basically fat free) needs to be counted as well.

Gum is fine between meals. But aspartame likely does nothing to help your sway.

12 weeks on diet or more has gotten best results for us. 2-4 weeks was very poor results so I would give it at least 6.

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I know it's extremely frustrating when the advice doesn't always mesh, but it's because different sites use different bodies of knowledge and no one really knows what works and what doesn't. Most sway sites all use this old outdated information from studies that were done 50+ years ago and ignore everything that has been done since. Those of us who made this site had opposites doing things that way and started doing research into more modern theories of gender swaying and that is why we diverge from those recommendations - because they didn't work for us and we know more modern evidence debunks them.

The best study ever done on maternal diet and gender conceived (and indeed, the ONLY one that wasn't done by someone selling mineral balancing diets) found that women who had more calcium and magnesium intake had more BOYS, not more girls. That having been said, I understand it's hard to give that up so I allow people to take cal-mag in supplement form but only without the Vitamin D. Vitamin D has been shown to improve fertility, condition, and raise testosterone, and likely sways blue. So I don't recommend calcium with Vit. D in it for anyone (I got my 3rd and 4th boys taking cal/mag/D and gave it up to get my girl). I would def. try to find one without Vitamin D, even if it means having to resort to Tums.

I like you guys to take more like 1200 mcg folic acid or folate. Unless you have reason to believe your egg quality is low I'd stick with 100 on the coq10.

Preseed is believed to sway blue so with giving that up. We have not found any of the jellies do much for pink sways, with the same number of people getting girls with and without them, but fine to use Sylk to start with if you'd like to. I have the full case against pH here: https://www.genderdreaming.com/forum...ph-pickle.html

Ions don't work, and the essay debunking them (with apologies as this is rather long, but it took that amount of time to investigate thoroughly) is here: https://www.genderdreaming.com/forum...-insanity.html

There are some people out there who try to sum up the Low Everything Diet (and unfortunately get it wrong sometimes). But this is my diet, I invented it, so I'm the one who's got it right on the recommendations. The losing weight and skipping breakfast are actually about the least important elements of the diet - it's the limits that matter (and many people don't have the weight to spare!) and spending more of your day without food coming in. Some do this by skipping breakfast, others skip dinner or just eat 3 meals spaced out over the course of the day. Whichever option will work best for you is fine as long as you're in the limits.

To track your food intake you'll need to Google the stuff you're eating or use food labels or some other nutrient tracking resource and then keep a loose tally. You can do this on a piece of paper, or online using an app of some sort like My Fitness Pal. It's actually much easier than it sounds at first and it only takes a few days till you get the hang of it. Once you have a sense of how much you can eat, many people even stop tracking all together (which is fine as long as you don't inadvertently start cutting back more and more).

Legumes you count protein and calories in them. And any fat you've added (in their natural state they're basically fat free) needs to be counted as well.

Gum is fine between meals. But aspartame likely does nothing to help your sway.

12 weeks on diet or more has gotten best results for us. 2-4 weeks was very poor results so I would give it at least 6.
    Thanks again for all the advice, appreciate it!
    The LE diet seems sooo confusing, not sure what you should eat since all foods are on the 'naughty' list: garlic&onion, meat and eggs, full fat dairy, nuts&seeds, beans etc...so not much else left 😬 And actually my life before having my son was pretty much eating once a day, at dinner time and I still got a boy...

My Fitness pal is what I'm using actually so👍 I've set targets of 67g of protein (which I find hard to meet with no/very little meat, eggs, dairy&beans!) and 50g of fat. Are these targets ok? should I ditch the Ca&Mg? Also, I struggle to meet the iron requirements and I have been anemic since giving birth (probably due to bf), are iron supplements allowed? or foods rich in iron at least?

Do you think my DH should take folic acid as well?
    Also, what are the risks with cranberry please? should DH have Olive leaf extract instead?

And also, does exercising raise testosterone? could I still run or do cardio?

I think I will keep the diet for 6weeks max and try in August.

Thank you so much for all the info!!

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    The limits are what matter. Some of that stuff is targeted at people who can't give up the "old school" sway diets - they want to avoid garlic, meat, etc.

But you can have ALL THOSE THINGS if want to, provided you just stick in the limits. Some people want to do more than that, but you don't HAVE to.

Why 67 g protein again? Most people do 50-60. You can have dairy, eggs, beans in the limits. 50-60 g fat is great.

Please take 18-60 mg iron daily. that is fine and I have lots of people do that. After 6 weeks you can try going to 3x a week instead of daily (but please bump it up again if you feel poorly after cutting back.)

No, I don't think hubby should take folic acid.

Cranberry a)does not work according to our results and b) has lots of risks and side effects because it's a blood thinner. Even the ones that are coming from fruit are blood thinners. So they can make you bleed/bruise very easily (possibly even fatally if you had bleeding in your stomach or brain, or were in an accident or needed emergency surgery), can give you super heavy periods which will only make anemia worse, may contribute to miscarriage, and the way people take cranberry 2 weeks on, 2 weeks off, it can even end up causing blood CLOTS because people's bodies really crank up the clotting factors while they're taking it, and then they stop it suddenly at ovulation, so they go from very thin blood to super thick blood overnight. You can end up with possibly fatal blood clots that could cause a stroke, DVT, or heart attack.

Plus, since you are nursing cranberry is a massive no-no because regardless of the claims on other sites, cranberry DOES come out in your milk and thins your baby's blood. I know this because before I started doing my own research, I took cranberry while tandem nursing after being told it was safe on another site, and within the span of 2 days after starting it, both my toddler and my baby (and I) were covered in bruises and my baby got a small cut on his thumb the size of a paper cut that gushed blood for hours till I finally had to glue it shut with Super Glue. Then it kept opening up and bleeding profusely for another couple days afterwards. I have been a mom for 29 years now and never seen anything like it before or since and it was 100% caused by the cranberry. Once I stopped taking it the bruises went away and we all went back to normal again. It is just too great a risk for something that does not work anyway.

I feel OLE has more consistent results for DH and I'd give him that instead.

No we have great results with exercise. If at all possible I'd do cardio 60 min. a day 4-7 days a week.

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    The limits are what matter. Some of that stuff is targeted at people who can't give up the "old school" sway diets - they want to avoid garlic, meat, etc.

But you can have ALL THOSE THINGS if want to, provided you just stick in the limits. Some people want to do more than that, but you don't HAVE to.

Why 67 g protein again? Most people do 50-60. You can have dairy, eggs, beans in the limits. 50-60 g fat is great.

Please take 18-60 mg iron daily. that is fine and I have lots of people do that. After 6 weeks you can try going to 3x a week instead of daily (but please bump it up again if you feel poorly after cutting back.)

No, I don't think hubby should take folic acid.

Cranberry a)does not work according to our results and b) has lots of risks and side effects because it's a blood thinner. Even the ones that are coming from fruit are blood thinners. So they can make you bleed/bruise very easily (possibly even fatally if you had bleeding in your stomach or brain, or were in an accident or needed emergency surgery), can give you super heavy periods which will only make anemia worse, may contribute to miscarriage, and the way people take cranberry 2 weeks on, 2 weeks off, it can even end up causing blood CLOTS because people's bodies really crank up the clotting factors while they're taking it, and then they stop it suddenly at ovulation, so they go from very thin blood to super thick blood overnight. You can end up with possibly fatal blood clots that could cause a stroke, DVT, or heart attack.

Plus, since you are nursing cranberry is a massive no-no because regardless of the claims on other sites, cranberry DOES come out in your milk and thins your baby's blood. I know this because before I started doing my own research, I took cranberry while tandem nursing after being told it was safe on another site, and within the span of 2 days after starting it, both my toddler and my baby (and I) were covered in bruises and my baby got a small cut on his thumb the size of a paper cut that gushed blood for hours till I finally had to glue it shut with Super Glue. Then it kept opening up and bleeding profusely for another couple days afterwards. I have been a mom for 29 years now and never seen anything like it before or since and it was 100% caused by the cranberry. Once I stopped taking it the bruises went away and we all went back to normal again. It is just too great a risk for something that does not work anyway.

I feel OLE has more consistent results for DH and I'd give him that instead.

No we have great results with exercise. If at all possible I'd do cardio 60 min. a day 4-7 days a week.
    Thank you so much for addressing my questions once again!
    Is it any particular strength or form (tablets/liquid) that OLE needs to be taken? I would hate to buy again the wrong stuff haha
    Sorry to hear about your bad experience with cranberry, must have been concerning, to say the least.

I do not intend to take iron, but will try to compensate through food first. In case I do become anemic, it's good to know is still allowed. Not that I would know anyway, without blood tests...
    So I will keep taking folic acid, Ubiquinol, Mag 300mg (will give up the Ca with D3, will try and eat at least some dairy every day) and OH will take OLE.

So the LE diet is in fact Low calories, low protein and low fat if I got it right?
    The 67g limit is only because MyFitnessPal doesn't allow a taget of 50g, Basically, out of the total 1800cal it splits 60% from carbs, 25% from fat (thus the 50g) and remaining 15% from protein (thus the 67g). I can only change it to 10%, but that would mean 45g of protein and thought that's too low? There is no in between. I try to stick under it anyway and if not, if one day I have too much, I try to average it over a couple of days so that it's still under the limit. Hope that makes sense?

I seem to be all right (I think!) on these limits, does it mean the diet doesn't work? first few days I already lost 1kg and felt my milk supply coming down, but after you told me to increase to 1800 I think that is manageable.
    Also, if I tend to eat most of my calories at lunch, no breakfast and dinner is lighter, is this wrong? should I snack often and little to avoid a sudden rise in blood sugar?

Gosh, I wish I had time for 60min cardio 4-7 days a week! I run 10-11k about 2 times a week though, probably less now with less energy from good. And some cardio at home when time allows, but my LO wakes up almost every hour these days so quite hard. For the workouts, MFP seems to add calories, is that right? I should eat more in the days I exercise? or should I ignore that?

Many thanks again and hopefully now I know a bit more to feel more confident with it all. Hope I will manage to keep it for that long though! ��
    Will come back here to update
    Last edited by Mrs.C.; July 5th, 2020 at 09:59 AM.

8. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    500-1000 mg dry leaf on the OLE, if using liquid (some think liquid is more effective, I doubt it but I"m fine with you guys using it) please use dose on the bottle as liquids have many formulations and I can't give a blanket set of guidelines for that.

The cranberry thing was incredibly alarming but I am now in retrospect happy it happened, since it clued me in to cranberry being a potential issue for people and then once I started researching it, I understood why and am better able to help you guys. My kids are 12 and 10 now and are fine but at the time it was terrifying.

It's lowER protein, fat, and calories. But it's just the lower end of normal. It is not abnormally low. I don't want anyone to think they'll get better results by eating less, because people who starve themselves end up having more opposites because they end up stopping ovulation and have to stop dieting all together, even sometimes eating a blue friendly diet just to get their cycle going again.

The diet gets good results even without losing any weight at all.

It's fine to eat in whatever pattern will work for you provided you are keeping to 2-3 meals a day and sticking in the limits. Sometimes people have experienced weight loss/milk drying up if they don't eat at least 3 meals or even 4 so I would keep that in the back of your mind.

No, please do not snack. It's fine for your blood sugar to rise at meals because it will drop between meals. Whereas with snacking it stays up all the time. Our good results are in people not snacking and most of us with all boys were all-day grazers so that's definitely something to avoid..

If MFP is not being helpful, then you're going to either have to give up using MFP to track or come up with a way to ignore the recommendations and just eat 60 g if you can. Don't change it to 10%, just accept that you're going to be a little bit below what MFP has recommended. Keep in mind too that MFP does track fat and protein in fruit and veg and we don't track those things (and we track nothing in low carb vegetables, not even calories) so you may be in the limits if it is adding that stuff in. You may even need to eat MORE, that happens sometimes.

Keep going with the 2 days a week exercise as long as you're not gaining weight and eating the lower protein, lower cal diet.

Do not add calories burned from exercise. Just exercise, eat the LE Diet in the limits, and then let weight loss if any and milk supply be your guide. if you lose weight or milk dries up even a little, eat more, either temporarily or constantly. If you don't, carry on eating just as you are.

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    500-1000 mg dry leaf on the OLE, if using liquid (some think liquid is more effective, I doubt it but I"m fine with you guys using it) please use dose on the bottle as liquids have many formulations and I can't give a blanket set of guidelines for that.

The cranberry thing was incredibly alarming but I am now in retrospect happy it happened, since it clued me in to cranberry being a potential issue for people and then once I started researching it, I understood why and am better able to help you guys. My kids are 12 and 10 now and are fine but at the time it was terrifying.

It's lowER protein, fat, and calories. But it's just the lower end of normal. It is not abnormally low. I don't want anyone to think they'll get better results by eating less, because people who starve themselves end up having more opposites because they end up stopping ovulation and have to stop dieting all together, even sometimes eating a blue friendly diet just to get their cycle going again.

The diet gets good results even without losing any weight at all.

It's fine to eat in whatever pattern will work for you provided you are keeping to 2-3 meals a day and sticking in the limits. Sometimes people have experienced weight loss/milk drying up if they don't eat at least 3 meals or even 4 so I would keep that in the back of your mind.

No, please do not snack. It's fine for your blood sugar to rise at meals because it will drop between meals. Whereas with snacking it stays up all the time. Our good results are in people not snacking and most of us with all boys were all-day grazers so that's definitely something to avoid..

If MFP is not being helpful, then you're going to either have to give up using MFP to track or come up with a way to ignore the recommendations and just eat 60 g if you can. Don't change it to 10%, just accept that you're going to be a little bit below what MFP has recommended. Keep in mind too that MFP does track fat and protein in fruit and veg and we don't track those things (and we track nothing in low carb vegetables, not even calories) so you may be in the limits if it is adding that stuff in. You may even need to eat MORE, that happens sometimes.

Keep going with the 2 days a week exercise as long as you're not gaining weight and eating the lower protein, lower cal diet.

Do not add calories burned from exercise. Just exercise, eat the LE Diet in the limits, and then let weight loss if any and milk supply be your guide. if you lose weight or milk dries up even a little, eat more, either temporarily or constantly. If you don't, carry on eating just as you are.
    Thank you!
    would a milk coffee be considered a snack?? I have that in the morning...no breakfast though.
    Also, the proteins from bread - do I need to count those?

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    It depends on how much milk you use. We allow enough milk or cream in coffee to lighten it, but if you're having, say, a latte with a cup or two of milk, and sugar in it, then you'd want to have that with a meal. But coffee with a couple tablespoons of milk (like the amount in a jigger or so) is fine

Yes you count protein in grain foods like rice, bread, and pasta.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast