Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Newbie! TTC hopefully in next few months!

Hi everyone!

I hAve 2 beautiful sons who are my absolute world. They are 5 and 3. I stumbled Upon gender dreaming shortly after my second son was born, and I have been lurking around off and on ever since. Trying to grasp every piece of information!

I am 32 years old. IÂ’m a nurse and I work 12 hour days and nights (hopefully will be switching to 8 hour day shifts soon). IÂ’m about 5Â’2, and linger between 108-110 pounds. I feel like IÂ’m at my unhealthiest right now, given my diet and the fact I do NO exercising besides walking the halls at work and chasing after my boys. My typical daily diet is as follows.. I wake up around 8, have some coffee with a tablespoon of either cream or 2% milk. For lunch I will usually eat between 12 and 2, and normally a spinach salad with some nuts, strawberries, feta cheese, dried cranberries, and a creamy poppyseed dressing (I feel like this salad might be more boy friendly?). Or sometimes rice cakes with cheese some fruit and veggies with hummus. For supper IÂ’ll have usually chicken and white rice with veggies, or pasta. I will very often, maybe about 4-5 days a week have a glass or 2 of wine. Sometimes a beer instead. I am TERRIBLE for snacking. I loooove snacks!! I will snack all day sometimes (left overs of my kids breakfast or lunch), and not eat until dinner. Or sometimes just flat out forget to eat until dinner time (by then IÂ’m usually shaky and desperately trying to make whatever I can to get something in my belly). I drink a lot of coffee (usually throughout the day), water, and Diet Pepsi.

My husband and I will also often snack after the kids go to bed, you know... chips, treats, sugary stuff etc.

My husband is almost 34, works crazy hours doing physical labour, smokes a lot of cigars during the day.

I honestly just really have no idea where to start. IÂ’m not taking any supplements, I do have a vitamin B12 deficiency in which I get B12 injections for, but I havenÂ’t received one since June. My goal is to stop the snacking and start running on the treadmill. I donÂ’t really have much weight to lose, maybe a couple pounds, so IÂ’m not sure how to go about this, or really even what to eat, what not to eat etc.

IÂ’m hoping to TTC starting in October. My cycles are fairly regular, usually about 33-35 days. My first son was an oops, so I have no idea how close to O it was, and my second son we DTD everyday during my fertile window (I use to OVIA app).

I am open to any thoughts, suggestions, positive vibes, anything!! Thanks so much everyone

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hello there! I am not atomic but thought I would help since I know she is a very busy women Atomic, if I am wrong about anything, please correct me, as I am still learning this.

I think the best thing for you to do is to eliminate snacking. Every time you eat, you trigger insulin. Just eating in general raises insulin, even if it is a low carb food, which is why snacking is not encouraged. You are better off doing two larger meals than small little meals throughout the day.

Most boy moms seem to be heavy snackers or the type that eats very frequently. This tricks your body into thinking times are good, which heavily sways blue. Eating that often keeps blood sugars high, and higher insulin/blood sugar=more boys. I don't think it's what you are eating thats an issue, that salad actually seems pretty pink friendly, it's probably the frequency of eating that is swaying blue for you.

Your husband smoking cigars will only help the sway. Atomic says that timing has nothing to do with baby gender, so don't worry about how close to ovulation you are. Timing does not sway, and you are better off following her advice than doing shettles. So many women who are prone to boys, who already have at least 2 boys will do shettles and then are disappointed that they have another boy, and that's because it's not so much about timing, its more about whether "times are good or bad", your hormones and lifestyle. Following Atomic's advice will be much more successful for you than trying to determine how many days you are before ovulation, trust me. It's actually easier and less stressful, because trying to figure out when ovulation occurs is almost impossible.

Best of luck to you, throwing pink dust your way!

3. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi and welcome!!!

Can you give me a rough estimate on how much fat, protein, and calories (not counting fat and protein in fruit and vegetables, or ANYTHING in low carb vegetables - they are free and unlimited) in a typical day's diet for you?

While we started off worrying about the nutrients in fruit and veg, over time we have learned that it's only the nutrients in vitamin pills and highly fortified foods that matter. Your salad is fine, please continue with that.

I would rather see you eat 4 or even 5 meals a day (at least to start with) than to keep snacking all day. I don't want you to try to suddenly go to 2/3 meals a day - I don't think you'd be able to pull that off at all - but do try to compress your eating to 4-5 times a day and hopefully in time we'll be able to whittle that back down a bit more.

if you have a B12 deficiency you need to continue getting the injections.

Your BMI is already below my cutoff for stopping weight loss. DO NOT lose any weight. Diet with the intention of holding steady where you are at.

Timing doesn't sway so it is irrelevant when you conceived in relation to O in previous conceptions.

We have a special rule for nurses when it comes to exercise (or anyone on their feet for 8+hours a day) on those days you do not need to exercise. The all day activity counts as exercise those days. Only on days off do you need to exercise (and then it only needs to total 4 days, so if u work 3 days and exercise one day then that fulfills your exercise requirement). More exercise may possibly be better but I am afraid weight will fly off if you do. I would just do the 4 days to start with, we can see what happens.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Ahh! Thanks so much ladies!! (I am not too sure if I’m replying properly on this thread, I’m not the best with technology lol. Okay I will REALLY try and stop the snacking and make those into meals. Atomic, I am going to track my food intake over the next couple days and get back to you! Thanks a lot for the quick reply!

I’m really happy to learn about the rule for nurses. I used to be very fit - working out all the tome etc. But once I started my career I found it very hard to work out on days I was working and the. Just kind of fell into a rut.

We’ll talk soon

6. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yep whatever you did that's the way to reply LOL

Just want to stress again that even 5x a day will be better than all day grazing - don't fall into an all or nothing mindset, we have room to improve even if you can't take it quite as far as some people.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ