Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Expecting 3rd Girl & would love a Boy

Hi,
    I am pregnant with my third girl (nearly 40). I was hoping for a boy with our second and this little one and am really not sure where we went wrong. For our second we DTD the day before ovulation and 3 days before that. For this one we only DTD once a few hours before ovulation. I was taking a multivitamin (pregnacare preconception) and omega 3 and my husband Was also taking pregnacare preconception for men all 3 times. I was eating lots of cereal, red meat and salt. Possibly eating too much sugar as I do like treats? Also having two coffees a day, not sure if this was a problem. I have read that one attempt is very girl friendly but many of my friends have conceived boys with one attempt. We had been trying for quite a few months this time around - maybe 7.
    Many people are already saying ‘oh your poor husband’ which is really hurtful.
    My husband said we are not having anymore but I would love to give it one more shot in a year or so.
    Does anyone have any advice on why my most recent sway didnt go to plan?
    Thanks!

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Pregnacare Conception is TERRIBLE as is the one for men.

I would drop that in the future and take a prenatal/multivitamin that does not have megadoses of any vitamins (We do suggest Vit D up to 1000 IU/250% and 1200-2000 mcg folic acid or folate, but we don't want you taking any megadoses of anything else) and NO HERBS in it. The Pregnacare products have massive amounts of nutrients known to mess up hormones, and herbs that may sway pink.

Sway diets are not about just eating more meat and salt. We would put you on a nutrient balanced diet like the High Everything Diet and ensure you were eating regular meals. I doubt the sugar in and of itself was a problem but if you ate sugar on its own (like the patented girl mom diet of a candy bar and a Diet Coke, LOL) it can set up a blood sugar crash that then might sway pink.

We have found coffee sways pink, so I would switch to tea.

Did you exercise?? Weight training can really help.

One attempt sways strongly pink for us so even though your friends believe they got boys that way I'd urge you to have 3 attempts or even more for a boy in the future.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks Atomic!
    God I feel so stupid for not knowing about Pregnacare. Is there any brand you would recommend if we were to try again - Seven Seas do one and it doesnt look overloaded with anything?
    The only exercise I would do is walking, 30 mins a day most days. Would Pilates be any good or should I just focus on doing kettlebells or something similar for a period? Also is there any time limit on this - should I be doing weights for several months?
    Re. DTD, will keep that in mind. I was following Shettles this time which did not work at all. Should we abstain until I get a solid smiley and then attempt it several times or do we need to be active a lot before that too?
    Thanks heaps

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    No not at all, I am actually SHOCKED they keep selling it, I even read on one of their websites that people were complaining it messed up their cycles but they denied it was the vitamin.

Pilates is great for blue, kettlebell is ok but just try NOT to go too gung ho. Do the amount of exercise that is SUSTAINABLE for you without injury. When people do more than they are comfy with or able to do they often end up hurt or giving up so try for what you will stick with above all else.

You want to be sure that your partner is "cleaning the pipes" every 2-4 days for as far in advance of the attempt as is feasible. (it's ok if it occasionally goes a little further or a little closer). Some people do these attempts inside, but others prefer to have him do this on his own or with a non-spermicide form of birth control because they are nervous about timing.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ